Storefront Academy Harlem
- The Childrens Storefront is an independent, tution-free school in Harlem comitted to providing a comprehensive education to children with varied academic strength from preschool through 8th grade.
- Our work is grounded in the conviction that every child deserve the opportunities for an excellent education.
- We work in partnership with families and community member to prepare children academically, socially and emotionally for further education, empowering each child to reach his or her potential.
- We inspire the imagination, creativity and love of learning inherit in all children.
- We promote all value of hard work, mutual respect and service to our society in a structures, joyful enviornment.
- We are a caring community of educator, children, families and friends who are focused on each students daily achievement as a step towards a better future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||148 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: NS-8 | 268 students
150 West 85th Street
New York, NY 10024
(212) 348-0952 2.4 NS-8
- New York Grades: 4-8 | 115 students
309 E 103 3rd St
New York, NY 10029
(212) 876-8775 1.4 4-8
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.