Iona Preparatory Lower School
5.00 (1 review)
- Iona Prep educates young men to be moral, ethical leaders, developing the whole person in the heritage of Blessed Edmund Rice and the American Catholic tradition to be life-long learners, responsible to their commitment of service to others, confident in their self-worth, while being supported by a challenging and innovative college-preparatory curriculum in relationship with a dedicated and caring faculty and community..
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||182 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Textbooks, workbooks, course rea|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Rochelle Grades: PK-12 | 901 students
255 Wilmot Road
New Rochelle, NY 10804
(914)632-0714 0.4 PK-12
- New Rochelle Grades: NS-12 | 153 students
100 Overlook Cir
New Rochelle, NY 10804
(914)632-8836 2.4 NS-12
- Tarrytown Grades: K-12 | 840 students
293 Benedict Avenue
Tarrytown, NY 10591
(914)366-2642 7.8 K-12
As an alumni, a parent of an alumni and a parent of a current student, I can honestly say this is HOME. The school is a great way to build moral and helps young boys turn into young high school men. It truly is a great place for boys to learn Catholic values. The IGS tradition goes back a long way and the friends that I made as well as my older son and my current child will last a lifetime. There is no better place that I could have chosen for them than IGS. IGS is a family either in the classroom or the ball field or at meetings. I''m sure you get the point, you are treated as a family member as soon as you enter the school. Parent Clubs are vibrant and the teachers are top notch. Hope to see you at IGS.
- Posted by Parent - cfulc
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.