Iona Preparatory Lower School
5.00 (1 review)
- Iona Prep educates young men to be moral, ethical leaders, developing the whole person in the heritage of Blessed Edmund Rice and the American Catholic tradition to be life-long learners, responsible to their commitment of service to others, confident in their self-worth, while being supported by a challenging and innovative college-preparatory curriculum in relationship with a dedicated and caring faculty and community..
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||208 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Textbooks, workbooks, course rea|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Rochelle Grades: K-12 | 840 students
255 Wilmot Road
New Rochelle, NY 10804
(914)632-0714 0.4 K-12
- New Rochelle Grades: NS-12 | 153 students
100 Overlook Cir
New Rochelle, NY 10804
(914)632-8836 2.4 NS-12
- Mount Vernon Grades: NS-4 | 137 students
70 West Broad Street
Mount Vernon, NY 10552
(914)667-3478 3.8 NS-4
As an alumni, a parent of an alumni and a parent of a current student, I can honestly say this is HOME. The school is a great way to build moral and helps young boys turn into young high school men. It truly is a great place for boys to learn Catholic values. The IGS tradition goes back a long way and the friends that I made as well as my older son and my current child will last a lifetime. There is no better place that I could have chosen for them than IGS. IGS is a family either in the classroom or the ball field or at meetings. I''m sure you get the point, you are treated as a family member as soon as you enter the school. Parent Clubs are vibrant and the teachers are top notch. Hope to see you at IGS.
- Posted by Parent - cfulc
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.