- Thornton-Donovan School was founded on the principle that a school must meet the changing needs of its students, its community, and its society.
- Its philosophy and curriculum directly contribute to the development of students who can use their individual talents to meet the challenges of life.
- Thornton-Donovan School seeks qualified students who possess ability, who are motivated, who have self-discipline and who will both gain from and give to the school.
- The school may also admit a youngster who has potential for academic success but whose record does not demonstrate it.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||153 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tarrytown Grades: K-12 | 840 students
293 Benedict Avenue
Tarrytown, NY 10591
(914) 366-2642 10.1 K-12
- New Rochelle Grades: PK-8 | 192 students
340 Quaker Ridge Rd
New Rochelle, NY 10804
(914) 636-6202 1.4 PK-8
- Bronx Grades: PK-12 | 1151 students
5250 Fieldston Road
Bronx, NY 10471
(718) 549-8810 6.7 PK-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.