- Thornton-Donovan School was founded on the principle that a school must meet the changing needs of its students, its community, and its society.
- Its philosophy and curriculum directly contribute to the development of students who can use their individual talents to meet the challenges of life.
- Thornton-Donovan School seeks qualified students who possess ability, who are motivated, who have self-discipline and who will both gain from and give to the school.
- The school may also admit a youngster who has potential for academic success but whose record does not demonstrate it.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||153 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tarrytown Grades: K-12 | 840 students
293 Benedict Avenue
Tarrytown, NY 10591
(914)366-2642 10.1 K-12
- Bronx Grades: PK-12 | 1151 students
5250 Fieldston Road
Bronx, NY 10471
(718)549-8810 6.7 PK-12
- New Rochelle Grades: PK-8 | 200 students
340 Quaker Ridge Rd
New Rochelle, NY 10804
(914)636-6202 1.4 PK-8
Just starting your search for a private school? Not sure where to look? This hub gathers together articles that will provide some answers and guidance.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.