The Harvey School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Music, dance, theater, TV production, and robotics are among the many opportunities available to students at The Harvey School, located on a wooded, 125-acre campus in Katonah, NY. The coeducational college preparatory school, which enrolls students in grades 6 through 12, places emphasis on providing students the opportunities to explore new areas of interest and find their passions.
- The state-of-the-art Walker Center for the Arts includes a 3,320-square-foot theater, which seats 250 people; a gallery space on the first floor; a large dance studio; and multiple practice rooms and art rooms.
- Small class size (averaging 10 students) encourages academic achievement and personal growth in an environment that is both warm and supportive.
- Students can be challenged by 12 Advanced Placement courses, in addition to the academically rigorous art, drama, music and creative writing programs available at the school. Three internet-accessible labs and the integration of computer technology in almost every course are also provided.
- The school's competitive interscholastic athletic program includes football, soccer, volleyball, cross-country, ice hockey, basketball, lacrosse, rugby, baseball, softball and tennis.
- The athletic facilities include football and soccer fields, the state-of-the art athletic center, the new outdoor six-court tennis center, along with newly constructed baseball and softball diamonds
- The school offers an optional five-day residential program for students in grades 9 through 12.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||355 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%