The Harvey School
- Music, dance, theater, TV production, and robotics are among the many opportunities available to students at The Harvey School, located on a wooded, 125-acre campus in Katonah, NY. The coeducational college preparatory school, which enrolls students in grades 6 through 12, places emphasis on providing students the opportunities to explore new areas of interest and find their passions.
- The state-of-the-art Walker Center for the Arts includes a 3,320-square-foot theater, which seats 250 people; a gallery space on the first floor; a large dance studio; and multiple practice rooms and art rooms.
- Small class size (averaging 10 students) encourages academic achievement and personal growth in an environment that is both warm and supportive.
- Students can be challenged by 12 Advanced Placement courses, in addition to the academically rigorous art, drama, music and creative writing programs available at the school. Three internet-accessible labs and the integration of computer technology in almost every course are also provided.
- The school's competitive interscholastic athletic program includes football, soccer, volleyball, cross-country, ice hockey, basketball, lacrosse, rugby, baseball, softball and tennis.
- The athletic facilities include football and soccer fields, the state-of-the art athletic center, the new outdoor six-court tennis center, along with newly constructed baseball and softball diamonds
- The school offers an optional five-day residential program for students in grades 9 through 12.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||355 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||68 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||William Porter|
|Endowment Size||$4 million|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tarrytown Grades: K-12 | 840 students
293 Benedict Avenue
Tarrytown, NY 10591
(914)366-2642 16.2 K-12
- Rye Grades: PK-12 | 900 students
Rye, NY 10580
(914)925-4513 19 PK-12
- New Rochelle Grades: NS-12 | 153 students
100 Overlook Cir
New Rochelle, NY 10804
(914)632-8836 23.5 NS-12
My daughter came to Harvey from an area elementary school in 6th grade. She was not the most enthusiastic learner and often struggled to stay engaged and on task. Her teachers at Harvey immediately recognized not only her challenges but also her strengths. By getting to know her as a person and connecting with her on her interests, her teachers gained her trust and ignited her intellectual curiosity. The small class setting has made it easier for her to be comfortable asking questions and contributing to discussions which in turn helps to keep her focused. As she prepares to enter the Upper School, I am confident that she has the academic skills and confidence she needs to be successful.
- Posted by Parent - Renee
Harvey is an incredible school! Students are able to dabble in a variety of activities from sports to the arts, an interesting array of course offerings and the attention of a very talented and devoted teaching and administrative staff. Parents are active and involved and the school has a number of family programs throughout the year. Perhaps the most impressive aspect of Harvey is the ability of a student to be both a "jock" and a "theater kid" and be accepted on all levels.
- Posted by Parent - grods