The Harvey School
- Top Ranked NY School
- Grades: 6-12
- Students: 355 students
- Yearly Tuition: $43,000
- Acceptance rate: 45%
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Our hearts strengthen our minds. Sir William Harvey, our namesake, discovered the mechanics of blood circulation. So you might not be surprised that Harvey is a community that leads with its heart. We value service and encourage students to engage with local and global communities-identifying needs, developing responses, and rolling up their sleeves to get things done-so they lead lives of integrity-the Harvey School, located on a wooded, 125-acre campus in Katonah, NY. The coeducational college preparatory school, which enrolls students in grades 6 through 12, emphasizes providing students the opportunities to explore new areas of interest and find their passions.
- The state-of-the-art Walker Center for the Arts includes a 3,320-square-foot theater, which seats 250 people; a gallery space on the first floor; a large dance studio; and multiple practice rooms and art rooms.Small class size (averaging ten students) encourages academic achievement and personal growth in a warm and supportive environment.
- Students can be challenged by 12 Advanced Placement courses and the academically rigorous art, drama, music, and creative writing programs available at the school. Three internet-accessible labs and the integration of computer technology in almost every course are also provided.
- The school's competitive interscholastic athletic program includes football, soccer, volleyball, cross-country, ice hockey, basketball, lacrosse, rugby, baseball, softball, and tennis.The athletic facilities include football and soccer fields, the state-of-the-art athletic center, the new outdoor six-court tennis center, along with newly constructed baseball and softball diamonds.
- The school offers an optional five-day residential program for students in grades 9 through 12.
Endorse The Harvey School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards