John F Kennedy Catholic Preparatory School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (914) 232-5062
- John F. Kennedy Catholic Preparatory School, located in Somers, New York, is Northern Westchester`s premier college-preparatory High School serving the young men and women of Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, and Fairfield counties and the Bronx.
- Kennedy Catholic follows a rigorous Regents curriculum that prepares students for a successful college career while at the same time training young people in the sound doctrine of Catholic faith to prepare them for living out Christ`s message of service to the world.Founded in 1928 by the Sisters of Divine Compassion as St. Mary`s School in Katonah, the current school was built in 1966 on its present site in a serene 64 acre site setting which includes the natural beauty of a lake and woodlands.
- Here, Kennedy Catholic students pursue a structured student life including 4 years of theology to learn about God and His church, contemplative retreat programs, a strong sacramental life and a Christian Community Service program which sets Kennedy students apart.
- Students are well prepared not only for college, but for a successful life.Kennedy Catholic`s recent graduating class, the Class of 2020, has garnered over 54.7 million dollars in college scholarship money underlining the success and recognition of what it means to become a graduate of the school.
- Kennedy has a strong PSAT preparation program and several recent National Merit Commendations and a Finalist in the Class of 2020.
- The school`s broad offerings in academics, fine arts and athletics prepare young people for the all-round strengths which colleges look for when they select strong students to represent their schools.
- Talented students in Studio Art have been recognized for their work through the Art Teachers Association members in the National Art Honor Society for NYS Art excellence.
- Performing Arts students have received numerous Metropolitan High School Theatre Awards nominations.
- Kennedy has more than 50 sports teams and student-athletes have led Kennedy to many league championships.
- A regulation baseball field, artificial turf softball field, competition artificial turf main field, a renovated gymnasium, and a newly installed state-of-the-art track, have Kennedy poised to keep winning and succeeding.
- Students are led in their studies by a teaching staff of professional educators who have demonstrated their own academic excellence. Educators at Kennedy Catholic hold Master`s degrees or higher in their field of study.
- Eligible students can pursue a rigorous Honors program leading to a broad selection of Advancement Placement coursework offerings. Courses for college credit are also available through St. John`s University College Advantage Program, Iona College`s Link Program and SUNY Albany.
- Many students take advantage of the opportunity to earn real college credits in a variety of subjects while still in High School saving both time and money as they advance their college careers. Kennedy Catholic is committed to providing accessible transportation to its students from several locales.
- Local district busing, shuttle van services from nearby Metro North at Golden`s Bridge, and Kennedy Catholic Shuttle busing from several county-wide locations ensure that all roads lead to Kennedy. Kennedy Catholic is a private school dependent on the generosity of many to maintain its consistently high level of programming and to keep tuition affordable.
- We invite, and depend on, parents, families, and alumni to generously support fundraising efforts according to their means through either donations of their time or talents as well as financial donations in order to bridge the actual cost of this college-preparatory education with affordable tuition rates offered to families.
- We rely on our dedicated Kennedy community to keep Kennedy growing, remodeling, improving and maintaining a cutting edge in the field of education which benefits our students and their families for many years to come.
- Schedule a visit. Come for a tour. Let us show you what Catholic education can be for your family. We are Kennedy Catholic.
- Our Mission Statement - We are Kennedy Catholic.We are strong and committed Christian leaders who are determined to make a difference for Christ in our world and the lives of others.Through the development of mind, body and spirit we will strive always for excellence and the highest standards in Catholic education.We are Courageous and Compassionate We are Kennedy Catholic!
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||659 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chinese Language & Culture, AP English, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP Macroeconomics, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP U.S. Government & Politics, AP U.S. History, College Algebra, College Chemistry|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,300|
|Admissions Director||Brian Bruder|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tarrytown Grades: K-12 | 840 students
293 Benedict Avenue
Tarrytown, NY 10591
(914) 366-2642 18.1 K-12
- Bronx Grades: PK-12 | 1151 students
5250 Fieldston Road
Bronx, NY 10471
(718) 549-8810 29.9 PK-12
John F. Kennedy Catholic High School is a Catholic, co-educational school located in Somers, NY. It has a beautiful and welcoming campus overlooking water and a beautiful grotto. The student body are respectful each other and wear uniforms, say morning prayers and attend Mass every month and for Holy Days. The students are expected to do 150 hours of community service. Kennedy Catholic students score significantly higher on the SATS than the national average. Students can take college credits while attending Kennedy Catholic through their affiliations with Iona College, St. John's University, and SUNY Albany. Kennedy Catholic is one of the best academic learning institutions in Westchester County.
- Posted by Parent - celti
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.