Tel: (914) 628-7444
Thank you for your interest in SonShine PreSchool. We are a private school offering flexible classes for PreSchool ages 3-4.
Our youngest class is our 3 year old class, but we will accept 2 year olds as long as they are completely potty trained.
We have been in service to our area since 1997. We were formally known as Yorktown Christian Academy.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)|
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||31 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We offer a very flexible schedule from one half day per week to five full days per week. We also offer before/after care for all ages. Due to these facts tuition varies. Example: five full days is $500/month, five half days is $300/month,|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rose Foster|
- SonShine PreSchool offers a family environment for your child to learn and grow. Our program has a balanced time of both learning and play. In addition to teaching the basic ABCs & 123s, we also offer Spanish, Cooking, Science, Gym, Computer Lab, fun field trips and more. Our classes are kept small to insure great student/teacher communication. We are in affiliation with Yorktown Assembly of God. We have had students from many different religious backgrounds and are open to anyone who would like their child to attend. Our curriculum is faith-based, however, we do not teach doctrinal beliefs. We teach about the love of God and how we should treat others the way God would want us to treat them. If you have any questions about our curriculum, views or maybe would like to visit our facility, please don't hesitate to visit our website and/or contact us for an appointment. Thank you again for your interest in our school.
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to SonShine PreSchool is Lincoln Hall Ives School (2.4 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is Hudson Valley Christian Academy (2.3 miles away)
The nearest preschool is Pine Grove Country Day School (2.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mahopac Grades: PK-K | 39 students
85 Myrtle Ave
Mahopac, NY 10541
(845) 628-7500 2.1 PK-K
- Mahopac Falls Grades: PK-5 | 42 students
531 Rt 6 N
Mahopac Falls, NY 10542
(845) 628-2775 2.3 PK-5
- Lincolndale Grades: 8-11 | 83 students
Lincolndale, NY 10540
(914) 248-7474 2.4 8-11
- Mahopac Grades: PK-K | 36 students
250 Route 6N
Mahopac, NY 10541
(845) 628-8722 2.8 PK-K
- Shrub Oak Grades: PK-8 | 319 students
1375 E Main St
Shrub Oak, NY 10588
(914) 528-3563 4 PK-8
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.