Emma Willard School
- At Emma, our students learn that there is enormous potential and power in being a girl.
- In our classrooms, on our athletic courts, within science labs, and on stage, life-long lessons are learned in daring to participate, lead, and explore.
- Our school values and seeks to enrich each girl's journey, intellect, determination, and well-being through rigorous academic programs, abundant extracurricular activity options, and a supportive community environment where girls are encouraged to be unabashedly themselves and discover their passions.
- For more information about the school or to arrange a campus visit, please visit www.emmawillard.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emma Willard School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||357 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||23 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1380|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$51,410|
|Tuition Notes||Day tuition = $31,170|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$23,241|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jamie Hicks-Furgang|
|Admissions Associate||Katie Myer|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Fencing, Field Hockey, Figure Skating, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBallet, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Fencing, Field Hockey,
Figure Skating, Lacrosse,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Amnesty International, Fair Trade, FOCUS (Christian Group), International Club, Junior Singing Group (JSG), Literary Magazine (The Triangle), Math League, Mock Trial, Model UN, Outing Club, School Newspaper (The Clock), Science Olympiad, Slavery No More, Student Council, Twelve Tones (Senior Singing Group), Yearbook (The Gargoyle)|
- The Emma Willard School is a learning environment for day for boarding students that offers deep personalization of each girl`s experience through curriculums that personify her individual spirit; an authentic culture and close-knit community of faculty and staff; a distinctive, culturally-diverse worldview and expansive alumni network; and a commitment to being unabashedly ourselves in everything we do. We believe it`s upon these ideals that Madame Willard pioneered for girl`s education 200 years ago.
- Known for its intellectual rigor, Emma Willard is also a leader in curriculum innovation. Our academic program is distinguished by a wide array of electives (including the fine and performing arts), experiential and service learning opportunities, rich co-curricular activities, and programs that foster holistic, individual growth.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albany Grades: 6-12 | 498 students
12 Airline Dr
Albany, NY 12205
(518)452-9809 7.9 6-12
- Albany Grades: NS-8
121 Old Niskayuna Rd
Albany, NY 12211
(518)785-6621 5.3 NS-8
- Bronx Grades: NS-12 | 217 students
1497 Needham Ave
Bronx, NY 10469
(718)519-8884 126.9 NS-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.