Grades: K-6 | 126 students
- Your child will thrive at Daycroft Montessori School.
- Our mission is to provide a highly personalized learning environment that appreciates individual differences, nutures the whole child, and enables students to develop at their own pace and achieve to their full potential.
- This happens in a warm, caring, open, and culturally diverse environment.
- Please note that we are a two campus school.
- Our campus on 100 E. Oakbrook Drive is for preschool through kindergarten and our campus on 1095 N. Zeeb Road is for kindergarten through sixth grade.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||126 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Appropriate clothes are required for gym class)
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Please check the website for current tuition amounts.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Michele Buchanan|
|Admissions Associate||Lisa Edmondson|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Afterschool Art, Basketball, Black Belt Academy, Chess Club, Dance, Drama, Girlz Club, Mad Science, Piano and voice lessons, Running Club, Soccer, Spanish Basketball, Chess Club, Dance, Drama, Girlz Club, Mad Science, Running Club, Soccer, Spanish, Afterschool Art,
Black Belt Academy,
Piano and voice lessons,
- Early childhood and elementary education at Daycroft incorporates a unique blend of the traditional Montessori complemented by traditional and progressive teaching methods. We share the belief of Maria Montessori and many other educators that children must be allowed to learn at their own pace. We recognize that children demonstrate intelligence in many ways and acquire understanding through many learning styles.
- personalized learning.
- engaged students
- children love to learn
- 2 full time teachers per classroom
- small student to teacher ratio
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PlymouthGrades: PK-8 | 61 students
40260 Five Mile Rd.
Plymouth, MI 48170
Ann ArborGrades: NS-3 | 62 students
5225 Jackson Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Dearborn HeightsGrades: PK-8 | 293 students
466 N John Daly Rd
Dearborn Heights, MI 48127
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.