Grades: 9-12 | 780 students
The Class of 2016 alone completed more than 15,000 hours of Christian Service, including a service trip to Colorado.
Thirty-nine seniors have been named Distinguished Scholars for earning a cumulative grade point average of 4.0 or higher.
STUDENT ACTIVITIES: Seven teams and over 20 individuals have earned Academic All-State honors in the past three years.
The distinguishing feature and reason for the existence of DeLaSalle's student activity offerings is to assist students in their religious, spiritual, and moral formation as well as provide for the student a better understanding of how all activities at DeLaSalle support its mission.
MISSION: In Lasallian schools, educators touch hearts, stimulate minds and cultivate leadership to prepare students for life, work and service to society.
Since its inception in 1900, DeLaSalle has been located on historic Nicollet Island in the heart of downtown Minneapolis.
Each year, in academic programs such as National History Day, DeLaSalle students excel at local, state, and national levels.
DeLaSalle has graduated over 15,000 alums since its founding in 1900.
As measured by any demographic criteria, "De" is the most diverse private, Catholic high school in Minnesota, drawing students from over 125 Twin Cities grade schools.
Over 60 current students were born in other countries.
Run by the Christian Brothers since its inception, "De" is part of an international Lasallian school network.
College preparatory, over 98 percent of graduates matriculate to college on an annual basis; DeLaSalle graduates are currently continuing their education in colleges and universities in over 30 states.
Part of the academic preparation includes immersion for each student in a 1:1 iPad Program, now in its sixth year at the school. Enrollment has climbed 33 percent in the past six years, and the school has completed over $20 million in building additions or renovations since 2000.
Upcoming Events and News
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Specialist for Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||780 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP English: Language and Composition, AP English: Literature and Composition, AP European History, AP Government, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Studio Art, AP United States History,|
|Average SAT score||1875|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 10 / Jul. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,775|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is all inclusive. The only fee charged is for insurance for the school-issued iPad given to each student. There are no extra fees for technology, textbooks, activities, etc. A non-refundable $350.00 deposit is due at the time of registration.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,450|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Patrick Felicetta|
|Admissions Associate||Kathi Eilers|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,
Cross Country, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||A Cappella Choir, Art Club, Chamber Orchestra, Chess Team, Children's Summer Theatre, Culinary Club, Fall Play, GREEN Team (Environmental Student Group), Gaming Club, Lasallian Ministry, Math League, Mock Trial, Musical Theatre, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Ninth Grade Play, One-Act Play, Pep Band, Quiz Bowl, Science Club / Robotics, Speech, Stage Crew and Technical, Step Dance Team, Student Council, Symphonic Band, Writer's Workshop, Yearbook Art Club, Chess Team, Culinary Club, Fall Play, Gaming Club, Math League, Mock Trial, One-Act Play, Pep Band, Quiz Bowl, Speech, Symphonic Band, Yearbook, A Cappella Choir,
Children's Summer Theatre,
GREEN Team (Environmental Student Group),
National Art Honor Society,
National Honor Society,
Ninth Grade Play,
Science Club / Robotics,
Stage Crew and Technical,
Step Dance Team,
- We extend an invitation to you to take a close look at the fastest-growing, Catholic high school in the Twin Cities! On behalf of the wonderful families, staff and students of DeLaSalle, we encourage you to learn why more and more students from every part of the Twin Cities are coming to this great school. Learn why our 2016-17 enrollment of 780 students is our largest since 1971, up 33 percent in the past six years alone - and why we receive over 400 applications for up to 200 spaces in the ninth grade class each year. Learn why our level of academic rigor and effective blend of modern technology and quality teaching prepares over 98 percent of our graduates to move on to college and to succeed once they get there. Most importantly, learn why we remain committed to our historic mission to know and nurture each student individually within a broad community centered on Faith, prayer, and hope. What an exciting time to be at DeLaSalle! We are Catholic. We are college preparatory. We are historic. We are innovative. We are growing. We are a community. We have stood the test of time, beginning our 117th year at the same location at the heart of the Twin Cities.
- Through the support of alumni and friends, our budgets are balanced, we are adding programs and staff, and we are able to provide over $2,950,000 in financial assistance to help half of our families afford DeLaSalle. With over $21,000,000 in facility improvements over 15 years, we have recently added a new addition and Center for Innovative Learning to open in 2016. What an exciting time to be at DeLaSalle! Until we get a chance to meet, please read more about De on the enclosed school profile. Visit our website, www.delasalle.com or follow our social media sites -- facebook.com/DLSislanders or twitter.com/DLSislanders -- and discover what De offers to you and what we can accomplish together over the next four years.
- There`s always more - at a high school that just keeps getting better. We now draw students from over 125 Twin Cities middle schools. Our students are smart: at all grade levels, standardized test scores exceed local, state, and national norms, and we are always among the leaders in National Merit Scholarships. They care about others: last year alone, our students completed over 23,000 hours of Christian service. They try a lot of things: over 90% join at least one of over 40 activities each year, and we don`t cut ninth graders. Our unique Global Advantage Program gives dozens of De students opportunity for academic and/or service trips to Africa, Europe, and South America. School busing is available for almost every neighborhood of the Twin Cities.
- And there`s even more to learn: Come to one of our OPEN HOUSES for Prospective Students and Their Families on November 7th or January 18th, each from 7:00-9:00 pm. Come take a closer look at DeLaSalle! Until we get a chance to meet and answer your questions about De, we highly recommend that you plan to spend a day at DeLaSalle as a visiting student, an "Islander for a Day" sometime between October 31 and January 20. Registration is simple through our website. You likely will find that DeLaSalle provides exactly what you`re looking for in a high school and a whole lot more! It`s a great school and it keeps getting better!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Saint PaulGrades: 9-12 | 1320 students
550 Albert St S
Saint Paul, MN 55116
MinneapolisGrades: PK-12 | 1131 students
123 Ottawa Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55422
RichfieldGrades: 9-12 | 620 students
6600 Nicollet Ave S
Richfield, MN 55423
MinneapolisGrades: 9-12 | 793 students
1350 Gardena Ave Ne
Minneapolis, MN 55432
Saint PaulGrades: 6-12 | 594 students
949 Mendota Heights Road
Saint Paul, MN 55120
This high school has more than prepared our daughter for the next steps in her life. She is leaving with multiple college offers and all have given her merit scholarships. While at DeLaSalle she grew in her academic life, spiritual life and community service. She had the opportunity to travel abroad, participate in sports and quiz bowl teams. I would encourage all to look at and strongly consider sending their children to this high school!
- Posted by Parent - doern
"DE" gave me the rounded education and study habits to go on and be a successful doctor of medicine. Over 95% of my class has been very successful. What more could ask for?
- Posted by Student/Alumni - endo
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.