Grades: PK-10 | 222 students
- Our School began in 1996 through the interest and efforts of the owner and director Ms. Shetal Walters, and a small group of parents.
- The School is committed to developing within each child a sense of responsibility and interdependence with their community and the world.
- Accordingly, Desert Garden's philosophy encourages children to appreciate and respect nature and the environment.
- Like the flowers in a garden, the children will learn and grow together in peaceful coexistence.
- Thus, the name "Desert Garden Montessori." The teacher is there to encourage, redirect, and supervise, but it is the child that learns through personal motivation in manipulating the work itself within the prepared environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
International Montessori Council (IMC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-10|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||222 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Karen Hurlbert|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PhoenixGrades: PK-8 | 350 students
4515 East Muirwood Dr
Phoenix, AZ 85048
PhoenixGrades: PK-K | 104 students
3221 E Chandler Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85048
MesaGrades: NS-8 | 94 students
1230 N Gilbert Rd
Mesa, AZ 85203
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.