|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
Association of Independent Michigan Schools (AIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Number of AP Courses||28 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Please visit www.dcds.edu for a current curriculum guide|
|Average SAT score||2010|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Grades 9 through12-Tim Bearden, Grades 6 through 8-Julie Bianchi, Grades 3 through 5-Pre-KinLisa Zimmerman, Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 2-Jennifer Bullock|
|Admissions Associate||Michele Reimer|
|Total Sports Offered||23 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Climbing, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Baseball,
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Lacrosse, Mountain Biking,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Please visit www.dcds.edu for current listing Please visit www.dcds.edu for current listing,
- Detroit Country Day School offers students from pre-school through high school an exemplary education rooted in academic vigor and a commitment to the full development of each student's potential.
- Detroit Country Day School provides a superior college preparatory, liberal arts education to young people of cultural and intellectual diversity. Detroit Country Day School promotes each student's in-depth exploration of the fine arts, from basic art concepts in pre-school to a full conservatory program in the upper grades.
- Equally important, the school promotes the moral, character and leadership development of all students, enabling them to achieve excellence in their lives and careers, and play effective roles in their families and communities.
- Detroit Country Day School also guides students in their physical development, believing it essential to the emergence of a well-rounded individual. The school offers more than 30 team sports, ranging from traditional sports including football, basketball, baseball and softball to snowboarding, mountain biking, figure skating and ultimate frisbee. Athletic teams are primarily coached by Detroit Country Day School faculty and alumni, ensuring that the school's values are consistently reinforced, both in the class and on the field.
- The school's four distinct campuses are organized by grade level, yet the Detroit Country Day School philosophy is consistent throughout. The school is an independent, coeducational, non-denominational, college preparatory school nationally recognized for excellence in academics, athletics and the fine and performing arts. It offers a superior liberal arts curriculum at all levels, emphasizing Advanced Placement and college-level courses in grades nine through twelve. The prestigious International Baccalaureate program, originally adopted by the school in 1980, qualifies graduates for international university admission or sophomore standing in many American colleges. Every Detroit Country Day School graduate earns acceptance at four-year colleges and universities.
- Founded in 1914 by F. Alden Shaw, Detroit Country Day School today enrolls more than 1500 students on four campuses located in Beverly Hills and Bloomfield Township, Michigan. While the school was initially established in Detroit, it now serves more than 50 local communities.
Profile last updated: 08/23/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Bloomfield HillsGrades: PK-12 | 1661 students
Po Box 801
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303
SouthfieldGrades: PK-12 | 589 students
28650 Lahser Road
Southfield, MI 48034
BirminghamGrades: PK-12 | 630 students
1051 Oakland Avenue
Birmingham, MI 48009
DetroitGrades: PK-8 | 100 students
1100 Saint Aubin St
Detroit, MI 48207
Bloomfield HillsGrades: 9-12 | 669 students
7101 Lahser Rd
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301