Grades: PK-8 | 227 students
Pre-K through 8th grade curriculum consists of bible, math, language arts, social studies, science/health, computer, spanish, physical education, music, and art. Creative performing arts program (choir, art, dance, drama and mime). Entrepreneurship/financial literacy program, middle school athletic program, community involvement, and summer enrichment program. .
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism and students in need of individual education plans|
|Total Students||227 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Aug. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,250|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-Kindergarten tuition is $5,347. Kindergarten through Eighth Grade tuition is $4,250|
|Admissions Director||V. Rena Suber|
|Admissions Associate||Charlene Carroll|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||dance, drama, choir, and yearbook staff dance, drama, choir, and yearbook staff,
- Educating Our Children in the Spirit of Excellence
- Emmanuel Christian Academy (Emmanuel) is an independent, non-denominational Christian school located in Akron, Ohio that serves children who are defined as at-risk and those underserved in traditional education systems. Emmanuel has had a life-changing impact on the lives of many children and their families since its founding 20 years ago. As a result our school has grown significantly. The school is accredited by the State of Ohio as an elementary school and offers pre-kindergarten through eighth grade with a current enrollment of 220.
- Two-thirds of Emmanuel’s enrollment is at or below federal poverty guidelines, all are minority students and half come from single-parent homes. In addition, the majority of our students live in the West Akron community, which has the highest concentration of African-Americans in Summit County. Notwithstanding the adversity, Emmanuel’s curriculum and special programming has been noted for excellence, providing its students with social and academic skills to achieve their full potential and make positive contributions to the community.
- We understand that our students’ needs stretch far beyond the classroom; therefore, our commitment to them and their success goes beyond school hours.
Profile last updated: 12/22/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AkronGrades: PK-8 | 462 students
500 Mull Ave
Akron, OH 44320
AkronGrades: K-8 | 101 students
750 White Pond Dr
Akron, OH 44320
AkronGrades: NS-PK | 70 students
1295 W Exchange St
Akron, OH 44313
AkronGrades: KG-8 | 185 students
750 S Main St
Akron, OH 44311
AkronGrades: 7-12 | 194 students
1375 W Exchange St
Akron, OH 44313
Rental Market Monitor
January 25, 2016
This is a very practical list of things you must do before you graduate. The items on this list will enhance your college applications.
January 08, 2016
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.
January 05, 2016
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.