- Furtah Prep School is a private school, in Acworth, GA, that serves students in Cherokee, Cobb, Bartow, Paulding, and Fulton counties, including the cities of Acworth, Woodstock, Kennesaw, Marietta, Cartersville, Canton, Waleska, Ball Ground, Roswell, Alpharetta, and north Atlanta area.
- Frederick J. Furtah Preparatory School strives to inspire hope in every student, with regard to academic, social, physical, and creative achievement.
- Furtah Prep's core belief is that hope is vital to a child's success; therefore, by providing that hope, we are able to unlock the potential in every child and to change lives.
- FPS admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded and made available to students at the school.
- FPS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, athletic and other school administered programs.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||113 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AcworthGrades: PK-12 | 74 students
3460 Kellogg Creek Road
Acworth, GA 30102
KennesawGrades: NS-12 | 228 students
260 Hawkins Store Rd Ne
Kennesaw, GA 30144
WoodstockGrades: K-12 | 380 students
3075 Trickum Rd
Woodstock, GA 30188
RoswellGrades: K-8 | 503 students
11340 Woodstock Rd
Roswell, GA 30075
AcworthGrades: PK-KG | 78 students
1680 Brookstone Walk Nw
Acworth, GA 30101
Any parent who loses sleep because their child isn't fitting in public school needs to consider Furtah Prep, especially if their child has ADD, ADHD, Aspergers, high-functioning Autism, Dyslexia or some other learning difference. Furtah recognizes that these students have a learning difference not a learning disability. If a student is acting out at home or socially, becomes withdrawn, fights too frequently with siblings, has poor self-esteem or low feelings of self-worth, they could have a reading difficulty that can be corrected at Furtah Prep. You should check out this school.
- Posted by Parent - timgr