Grades: NS-8 | 232 students
- Grace Lutheran School in River Forest, Illinois, provides a high-quality Christian education to children in preschool through eighth grade.
- Our school prepares children for a life of Christian discipleship by helping them to grow in faith, knowledge and character.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA)
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Other Lutheran|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||232 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Education at Grace Lutheran School is a shared effort between teachers, students, parents and the Grace Church congregation. We seek to educate the whole student--mind, body and spirit--and to develop in students a lifelong love of learning. We strive to provide an intellectually challenging environment that is responsive to the needs of all students. We believe that learning occurs in the classroom and beyond--on the playground and playing field, in worship, in song and in service. These are our goals for Grace School students:
- Faith Formation. Students will develop a relationship with God that leads to ongoing spiritual growth and active involvement in the Christian community.
- Academic Excellence. Students will master a challenging and enriching curriculum that meets or exceeds established learning standards.
- Character Development: Students will develop the moral integrity and sense of responsibility that guide a life of service to God and that seek justice in God's creation.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ElmhurstGrades: PK-12 | 1065 students
188 W Butterfield Rd
Elmhurst, IL 60126
River ForestGrades: K-9 | 325 students
519 Ashland Ave
River Forest, IL 60305
Oak ParkGrades: 2-8 | 25 students
410 Washington Blvd
Oak Park, IL 60302
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 37 students
3919 N Monticello Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
HomewoodGrades: K-8 | 211 students
17949 Dixie Hwy
Homewood, IL 60430
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.