Grades: NS-8 | 232 students
Grace Lutheran School in River Forest, Illinois, provides a high-quality Christian education to children in preschool through eighth grade.
Our school prepares children for a life of Christian discipleship by helping them to grow in faith, knowledge and character.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA)
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Other Lutheran|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||232 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Education at Grace Lutheran School is a shared effort between teachers, students, parents and the Grace Church congregation. We seek to educate the whole student--mind, body and spirit--and to develop in students a lifelong love of learning. We strive to provide an intellectually challenging environment that is responsive to the needs of all students. We believe that learning occurs in the classroom and beyond--on the playground and playing field, in worship, in song and in service. These are our goals for Grace School students:
- Faith Formation. Students will develop a relationship with God that leads to ongoing spiritual growth and active involvement in the Christian community.
- Academic Excellence. Students will master a challenging and enriching curriculum that meets or exceeds established learning standards.
- Character Development: Students will develop the moral integrity and sense of responsibility that guide a life of service to God and that seek justice in God's creation.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HomewoodGrades: K-8 | 211 students
17949 Dixie Hwy
Homewood, IL 60430
Oak ParkGrades: PK-8 | 460 students
601 Van Buren St
Oak Park, IL 60304
River ForestGrades: PK-8 | 265 students
1515 Lathrop Ave
River Forest, IL 60305
ChicagoGrades: PK-6 | 41 students
2725 N Laramie Ave
Chicago, IL 60639
ElmhurstGrades: PK-12 | 1065 students
188 W Butterfield Rd
Elmhurst, IL 60126
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.