Grades: NS-2 | 71 students
- Your child is an original.
- There is no other child in the world like your child.
- Your child is uniquely designed and brilliant in their own special way. Shouldn’t your child’s education be original? For nearly 40 years, The Harbor School has been providing a dynamic, innovative academic experience for young children in the Washington, DC area.
- Our “inquiry-based” approach underlies all that we do, drawing upon your child’s innate brilliance to craft an educational program that is joyful, well-rounded and exciting.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-2|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,860|
|Tuition Notes||Additional fees apply. Tuition for Preschool 3's and Half-day 4's is $11,390 (2015-2016)|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$9,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Maureen Forage|
|Admissions Associate||Jamie Danielson|
- Your child is an original. There is no other child in the world like your child. Your child is uniquely designed and brilliant in their own special way. Shouldn’t your child’s education be original?
- For nearly 40 years, The Harbor School has been providing a dynamic, innovative academic experience for young children in the Washington, DC area. Our “inquiry-based” approach underlies all that we do, drawing upon your child’s innate brilliance to craft an educational program that is joyful, well-rounded and exciting.
- The school provides a well-balanced curriculum which integrates an appropriately challenging academic program with study in the fine and performing arts, library science, foreign language, physical education and technology. We believe strongly that children learn best through experience. In this regard, we provide a variety of learning opportunities both inside and outside of the classroom.
- With highly specialized faculty, an engaging curriculum and a commitment to creativity, The Harbor School excels at boosting the confidence, independence and intellect of young learners from Preschool through Second Grade. We are one of few accredited schools in the Washington area that focuses on these vital early years.
- - Our students enjoy a balance of responsibility and freedom that helps them grow as both learners and individuals.
- - Harbor students learn how to make their own decisions and see how their choices affect their classmates and their community.
- - Beyond education, we place a strong emphasis on maturation - helping our students discover who they are as individuals, what they can do and who they want to be.
- - The fabric of our school community is woven together from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We value every student and celebrate our differences as well as our similarities.
Profile last updated: 11/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PotomacGrades: KG-12 | 374 students
8224 Lochinver Ln
Potomac, MD 20854
BethesdaGrades: PK-1 | 52 students
7730 Bradley Blvd
Bethesda, MD 20817
Silver SpringGrades: NS-3 | 180 students
10700 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20902
Silver SpringGrades: NS-12 | 303 students
13500 Layhill Road
Silver Spring, MD 20906
Silver SpringGrades: PK-K | 70 students
9504 Brunett Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20901
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.