Grades: 9-12 | 75 students
- Harmony Heights is a therapeutic residential and day school serving girls with emotional needs that cannot be adequately served in the standard high school setting.
- Situated in Oyster Bay, New York, Harmony Heights was established in 1974, it has served as an outstanding resource for education and emotional healing for 30 years.
- Harmony is a chartered and registered high school accredited by New York State and offers regents, local and IEP diplomas.
- From teachers to guidance counselors to therapists, the staff at Harmony Heights represents the finest caliber of professionals each dedicated to the emotional, social and educational well-being of our students.
- In a caring supportive atmosphere that stresses self-worth, self-reliance and hope for the future, Harmony Heights girls discover the inner resources necessary to overcome adversity and conflict, to become fulfilled, productive individuals.
- Harmony Heights students are generally referred to us by hospitals and schools who deem further care necessary.
- Our program serves as an alternate to long-term hospitalization, serving instead as the next step in care, nurturing teenage girls with a less restrictive, more home like environment.
- Throughout the years Harmony Heights has assisted hundreds of girls and their families in getting the help they need.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 362 students
330 Bedford Park Blvd
Bronx, NY 10458
CoronaGrades: PK-9 | 75 students
9807 38th Ave
Corona, NY 11368
Valley StreamGrades: K-12 | 155 students
12 E. Fairview Ave
Valley Stream, NY 11580
JerichoGrades: K-12 | 379 students
1 Barbara Lane
Jericho, NY 11753
Long BeachGrades: 9-12 | 87 students
165 E Park Ave
Long Beach, NY 11561
This school has provided me with the support and environment I needed. The staff is wonderful and provide a nurturing environment.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - afrid
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.