Grades: PK-12 | 215 students
Congratulations to our Class of 2013! 100% of our seniors go to college....year after year after year.
We believe that competition promotes an individual enriched in sportsmanship, discipline, and a teamwork concept. Holy Cross promotes fourteen athletic teams – seven competing in the Virginia Independent Conference for boys and seven in the Blue Ridge Conference for girls. Our school offers soccer and volleyball in the fall; basketball in the winter; plus golf, tennis, baseball, and girls' soccer in the spring.
We are proud of our comprehensive fine arts program that includes theater performance, art, orchestra, band and choir.
At Holy Cross, our academic mission is to cultivate a challenging learning environment grounded in Christian values and Catholic traditions that empowers our students to engage in a lifetime of learning; service and citizenship; challenges them to become leaders in our global society; and encourages them to share the message of God.
Our orchestra and band programs, available to students as early as elementary school, play a vital role in developing our student's creative side. Whether it be violin, keyboard or a brass instrument, our students are encouraged to explore their musical talents during their time at Holy Cross.
- Mission The mission of Holy Cross Regional Catholic School community is to cultivate a challenging learning environment grounded in Christian values and Catholic traditions that empowers our students to engage in a lifetime of learning; service and citizenship; challenges them to become leaders in our global society; and encourages them to share the message of God. Vision A family environment celebrating scholarship, service and Christian values.
- Holy Cross is a fully accredited college preparatory school for students in pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade. We have passed the rigorous accreditation requirements for the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), the Virginia Catholic Education Association (VCEA), and the Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (CASA).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||215 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus AB, Calculus BC, English, U.S History, U.S. Government|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Uniforms - Dress varies based on grade leve.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-Kindergarten through 5th Grade: Parishioner - $5650/year Non-Parishioner - $6850 6th Grade: Parishioner - $6500 Non-Parishioner - $7400 7th Grade: Parishioner - $6750 Non-Parishioner - $7650 8th Grade: Parishioner- $7000 Non-Parishion|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
|Admissions Director||Amy Hunt Lawson|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choral Group, Drama Club, Environment Club, Forensics, French Club, Girls on the Run, Girls on the Track, Habitat for Humanity, Key Club, Latin Club, Lego League Team, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Numerous Traditions, SADD, SODA, Spanish Club, Student Government, Theatre, Young Authors Choral Group, Drama Club, Forensics, French Club, Key Club, Latin Club, SADD, SODA, Spanish Club, Theatre, Young Authors, Environment Club,
Girls on the Run,
Girls on the Track,
Habitat for Humanity,
Lego League Team,
National Honor Society,
National Junior Honor Society,
At Holy Cross,
- every teacher adheres to the requirements of the Virginia Department of Education in addition to the Diocese of Richmond certification requirements.
- our student to teacher ratio allows for individualized learning and attention.
- we offer a comprehensive fine arts program - theater performance, art, orchestra, band and choir.
- 100% of the graduating class is accepted into a college or university...year after year.
- our standardized tests scores from CTBS Terra-Nova are very impressive and consistently above average. Holy Cross students score in the top percentile in all areas (reading, language, math, science and social studies) at every grade tested (1, 3, 5, 7 and 9).
- We offer dual enrollment opportunities through Lynchburg College and Central Virginia Community College. Many Holy Cross seniors graduate with enough credits to enter college as second semester freshmen
- we offer advanced placement courses in History, Government, Math, English, Foreign Languages, and Biology.
- experiential education is a part of our curriculum! Our school community is involved in many service projects and assistance campaigns culminating thousands of hours of volunteer time.
- our students consistently honored in the local and regional Young Authors competition. Historically, over 50% of the regional winners from the Lynchburg area are from Holy Cross School.
We are proud of the many achievements of our students, faculty and staff.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LynchburgGrades: 3-12 | 31 students
520 Eldon St
Lynchburg, VA 24501
LynchburgGrades: KG-12 | 48 students
3024 Forest Hills Cir
Lynchburg, VA 24501
LynchburgGrades: K-12 | 352 students
122 Fleetwood Dr
Lynchburg, VA 24501
LynchburgGrades: 9-12 | 248 students
400 VES Road
Lynchburg, VA 24503
LynchburgGrades: K-8 | 267 students
5039 Boonsboro Rd
Lynchburg, VA 24503
Over the past 10 years, we had the pleasure of sending our three children to Holy Cross prior to being relocated out of state for work. What impressed me the most about the school was that the faculty and staff truly cared about our kids and they looked after them as if they were their own. We always said that the school was an extention of our home - the values and morals that we instilled were reinforced while they were at school. Holy Cross was academically challenging and offered programs that were tailored to each student's needs. The school also gave our children the opportunity to participate in sports, drama, music, and after school activities like Girls On The Run. Holy Cross will always hold a special place in our family's hearts and will always be considered "home" for us.
- Posted by Parent - mdoug
An amazing family oriented school, such a welcoming and supportive community for people of all faiths! Very high academic programs and small class sizes allow for all children to experience supportive educational growth. The relationship of all the classes from Seniors to Pre-K allows for a closeness between all children I have never seen anywhere before. Holy Cross is a unique gem!
- Posted by Parent - allyp
Holy Cross offers an academically rigorous program while also offering opportunities in the arts and athletics; the graduates are truly well rounded. The teachers are committed to the art of educating children and the whole school feels like family. My children, currently in high school, have been attending since elementary and they are well prepared for college and life.
- Posted by Parent - jbdva
I LOVE Holy Cross Regional Catholic School because it is a true family where my kids are surrounded by teachers that truly care about them and their success! Holy Cross is a blessing to us!
- Posted by Parent - thmcc
Holy Cross is not just a private school it is a big family that will make you feel welcome from the time you enter the front doors. We have had our children at holy cross now for 6 years now and have not regretted the decision at all. The faculty from head of school to the custodians love the children and are very protective of the kids. If you if they do not know you they will stop and ask if they can help you with anything. The parents work hard and collectively with each other and staff to make sure that we can get the best for "our children". As parents we do all we can to have the best for our children and the staff does the same. The teachers work hard for the children I know some of the teachers that are there late at night so that our children can have fun in learning. We have families from all walks of life and all kinds of faith but as long as THE WORD OF GOD IS TAUGHT THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO ME. We are a faith based school and that is WHAT MAKES US THE BEST CHOICE. May God bless you as he blesses our school and families.
- Posted by Parent - Steve
I researched all of the private schools in the area before selecting Holy Cross. Best decision I have ever made. Best academics by far, love the close family atmosphere.
- Posted by Parent - jmrt8
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.