Grades: PK-12 | 215 students
Congratulations to our Class of 2013! 100% of our seniors go to college....year after year after year.
We believe that competition promotes an individual enriched in sportsmanship, discipline, and a teamwork concept. Holy Cross promotes fourteen athletic teams – seven competing in the Virginia Independent Conference for boys and seven in the Blue Ridge Conference for girls. Our school offers soccer and volleyball in the fall; basketball in the winter; plus golf, tennis, baseball, and girls' soccer in the spring.
We are proud of our comprehensive fine arts program that includes theater performance, art, orchestra, band and choir.
At Holy Cross, our academic mission is to cultivate a challenging learning environment grounded in Christian values and Catholic traditions that empowers our students to engage in a lifetime of learning; service and citizenship; challenges them to become leaders in our global society; and encourages them to share the message of God.
Our orchestra and band programs, available to students as early as elementary school, play a vital role in developing our student's creative side. Whether it be violin, keyboard or a brass instrument, our students are encouraged to explore their musical talents during their time at Holy Cross.
Mission The mission of Holy Cross Regional Catholic School community is to cultivate a challenging learning environment grounded in Christian values and Catholic traditions that empowers our students to engage in a lifetime of learning; service and citizenship; challenges them to become leaders in our global society; and encourages them to share the message of God.
Vision A family environment celebrating scholarship, service and Christian values.
Holy Cross is a fully accredited college preparatory school for students in pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade. We have passed the rigorous accreditation requirements for the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), the Virginia Catholic Education Association (VCEA), and the Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (CASA).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||215 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus AB, Calculus BC, English, U.S History, U.S. Government|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Uniforms - Dress varies based on grade leve.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-Kindergarten through 5th Grade: Parishioner - $5650/year Non-Parishioner - $6850 6th Grade: Parishioner - $6500 Non-Parishioner - $7400 7th Grade: Parishioner - $6750 Non-Parishioner - $7650 8th Grade: Parishioner- $7000 Non-Parishion|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
|Admissions Director||Amy Hunt Lawson|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choral Group, Drama Club, Environment Club, Forensics, French Club, Girls on the Run, Girls on the Track, Habitat for Humanity, Key Club, Latin Club, Lego League Team, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Numerous Traditions, SADD, SODA, Spanish Club, Student Government, Theatre, Young Authors Choral Group, Drama Club, Forensics, French Club, Key Club, Latin Club, SADD, SODA, Spanish Club, Theatre, Young Authors, Environment Club,
Girls on the Run,
Girls on the Track,
Habitat for Humanity,
Lego League Team,
National Honor Society,
National Junior Honor Society,
At Holy Cross,
- every teacher adheres to the requirements of the Virginia Department of Education in addition to the Diocese of Richmond certification requirements.
- our student to teacher ratio allows for individualized learning and attention.
- we offer a comprehensive fine arts program - theater performance, art, orchestra, band and choir.
- 100% of the graduating class is accepted into a college or university...year after year.
- our standardized tests scores from CTBS Terra-Nova are very impressive and consistently above average. Holy Cross students score in the top percentile in all areas (reading, language, math, science and social studies) at every grade tested (1, 3, 5, 7 and 9).
- We offer dual enrollment opportunities through Lynchburg College and Central Virginia Community College. Many Holy Cross seniors graduate with enough credits to enter college as second semester freshmen
- we offer advanced placement courses in History, Government, Math, English, Foreign Languages, and Biology.
- experiential education is a part of our curriculum! Our school community is involved in many service projects and assistance campaigns culminating thousands of hours of volunteer time.
- our students consistently honored in the local and regional Young Authors competition. Historically, over 50% of the regional winners from the Lynchburg area are from Holy Cross School.
We are proud of the many achievements of our students, faculty and staff.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NorfolkGrades: PK-12 | 176 students
2331 E Little Crk Rd
Norfolk, VA 23518
NorfolkGrades: PK-12 | 722 students
255 Thole St
Norfolk, VA 23505
RoanokeGrades: NS-12 | 447 students
4254 Colonial Avenue Sw
Roanoke, VA 24018
Grades: PK-12 | 208 students
4209 Big Bethel Road
, VA 23693
I LOVE Holy Cross Regional Catholic School because it is a true family where my kids are surrounded by teachers that truly care about them and their success! Holy Cross is a blessing to us!
- Posted by Parent, 11/27/12