Top Pennsylvania Private Schools
- For the 2021 school year, there are 2,206 top private schools in Pennsylvania, serving 279,276 students.
- The average private school tuition is $7,939 for elementary schools and $16,303 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 86% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 23% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
AIM Academy Photo - MEETING LEARNING CHALLENGES WITH SCIENCE & LOVE: AT AIMAcademy, we recognize that children who learn differently need to be taught differently - and that's exactly what we do. Our passionately committed, highly-trained faculty employ techniques proven effective, and the results are remarkable. Each day we witness young people who doubted themselves in every way discover the gift of fearless learning.
The Waldorf School of Philadelphia Photo - The Waldorf School of Philadelphia is a nursery through 8th grade school located in the heart of Germantown. We are a school that adheres to a unique and time-tested curriculum and our students are free to learn without the pressure and stress of standardized testing.
Delaware Valley Friends School Photo - Delaware Valley Friends School is a national leader in the field of educating students (grades 1-12) with dyslexia, dysgraphia, executive function disorders, ADHD, and other learning differences located in the Philadelphia area.
St. Aloysius Academy Photo - St. Aloysius Academy has a dedicated, robust program of leadership and service. The students are dedicated to our PAWS program - Peace, Awareness, Witness and Service as seen in the daily recitation of the PAWS Pledge when they promise to "respect and enjoy each other's differences and talents." The Leadership Council plans many service projects for all to participate.
Bethany Christian School Photo - Making Snow Angels...outdoor play is an important part of our program.
Mount Calvary Christian School Photo - Mount Calvary Christian School's Elementary Building features 10 classrooms, a chapel, two resource rooms, recently renovated hallways, outdoor playground facility, and is adjacent to the Family Life Center. Elementary students will use Family Life Center facilities for lunch, gym class, art class, library, computer, and music. The facilities are handicap-accessible.
Top Pennsylvania Private Schools by County (2021)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 15 Schools1,710 Students9% Minority
- 195 Schools26,872 Students21% Minority
- 6 Schools280 Students3% Minority
- 12 Schools1,755 Students8% Minority
- 9 Schools391 Students5% Minority
- 71 Schools6,979 Students32% Minority
- 22 Schools2,446 Students14% Minority
- 3 Schools370 Students5% Minority
- 138 Schools17,112 Students15% Minority
- 30 Schools4,557 Students15% Minority
- 18 Schools2,660 Students6% Minority
- 7 Schools366 Students16% Minority
- 26 Schools2,035 Students7% Minority
- 129 Schools15,261 Students14% Minority
- 9 Schools323 Students4% Minority
- 13 Schools1,170 Students3% Minority
- 7 Schools388 Students4% Minority
- 8 Schools640 Students5% Minority
- 25 Schools1,274 Students11% Minority
- 43 Schools4,118 Students12% Minority
- 50 Schools7,960 Students32% Minority
- 131 Schools21,653 Students27% Minority
- 6 Schools1,014 Students2% Minority
- 37 Schools7,014 Students14% Minority
- 13 Schools1,405 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools133 Students49% Minority
- 31 Schools2,739 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools53 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools77 Students1% Minority
- 4 Schools231 Students4% Minority
- 16 Schools761 Students15% Minority
- 14 Schools513 Students2% Minority
- 10 Schools482 Students3% Minority
- 36 Schools4,245 Students8% Minority
- 152 Schools11,943 Students13% Minority
- 5 Schools401 Students9% Minority
- 18 Schools1,563 Students8% Minority
- 50 Schools8,688 Students29% Minority
- 41 Schools5,521 Students13% Minority
- 13 Schools720 Students12% Minority
- 6 Schools327 Students4% Minority
- 24 Schools1,451 Students14% Minority
- 18 Schools847 Students2% Minority
- 12 Schools996 Students34% Minority
- 232 Schools37,970 Students17% Minority
- 6 Schools263 Students7% Minority
- 38 Schools6,197 Students24% Minority
- 12 Schools1,505 Students5% Minority
- 9 Schools298 Students6% Minority
- 229 Schools46,686 Students50% Minority
- 1 Schools50 Students15% Minority
- 3 Schools102 Students- Minority
- 12 Schools1,472 Students16% Minority
- 13 Schools505 Students5% Minority
- 8 Schools516 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools353 Students9% Minority
- 14 Schools424 Students1% Minority
- 8 Schools576 Students9% Minority
- 9 Schools358 Students3% Minority
- 23 Schools1,642 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools326 Students4% Minority
- 46 Schools3,861 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools43 Students- Minority
- 60 Schools5,048 Students14% Minority
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.