Pennsylvania Private Schools
- There are 1,933 private schools in Pennsylvania, serving 280,834 students.
- The average private school tuition is $7,691 for elementary schools and $14,507 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 86% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Founded in 1946, The Phelps School is dedicated to the personalized education for the boy who seeks success academically, personally and socially. Our first obligation is to create a caring, sensitive climate which emphasizes the positive in every situation.
St. Aloysius Academy, sponsored by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, instills a spirit of love, creative hope and fidelity. In the spirit of our Jesuit patron, the boys live the Magis - they are men for others. They participate in daily prayer, the Angelus, monthly Mass, Rosary Walk, Live Nativity and Live Stations of the Cross.
WELCOME TO SAINT LEO THE GREAT! We are a community of families where faith, learning, parent-school partnership and the works of mercy come together!
The Haverford brotherhood is evident from our boys' first days. Here, Upper School language students teach pre-kindergarten boys to write and speak the numbers 1-5 in Chinese.
The Glen Montessori School is dedicated to providing an enriching Montessori education where all children thrive.
Moon Township East KinderCare welcomes children of all abilities, with the commitment to provide quality care and education to each child. We believe every child is a unique individual with varying needs, and we welcome the diversity that brings to our centers. All children and families deserve to be full members of their communities, to have the opportunity for development and learning, and to experience a sense of belonging.
Pennsylvania Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 16 Schools1,720 Students9% Minority
- 188 Schools28,725 Students19% Minority
- 4 Schools293 Students- Minority
- 14 Schools1,173 Students8% Minority
- 8 Schools344 Students4% Minority
- 65 Schools8,109 Students19% Minority
- 19 Schools2,307 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools449 Students7% Minority
- 135 Schools18,402 Students14% Minority
- 32 Schools4,059 Students12% Minority
- 16 Schools2,785 Students4% Minority
- 7 Schools599 Students14% Minority
- 19 Schools1,443 Students10% Minority
- 112 Schools16,280 Students11% Minority
- 6 Schools321 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools1,054 Students3% Minority
- 5 Schools210 Students10% Minority
- 6 Schools562 Students4% Minority
- 17 Schools1,069 Students29% Minority
- 35 Schools3,734 Students11% Minority
- 44 Schools7,331 Students33% Minority
- 129 Schools22,735 Students24% Minority
- 6 Schools1,208 Students1% Minority
- 37 Schools6,805 Students25% Minority
- 12 Schools1,354 Students7% Minority
- 1 Schools160 Students69% Minority
- 23 Schools2,637 Students15% Minority
- 4 Schools66 Students12% Minority
- 1 Schools119 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools136 Students6% Minority
- 10 Schools658 Students17% Minority
- 3 Schools333 Students3% Minority
- 4 Schools316 Students1% Minority
- 33 Schools5,172 Students6% Minority
- 102 Schools10,449 Students16% Minority
- 4 Schools426 Students5% Minority
- 15 Schools1,352 Students7% Minority
- 47 Schools8,022 Students17% Minority
- 35 Schools5,555 Students18% Minority
- 11 Schools823 Students9% Minority
- 6 Schools507 Students2% Minority
- 12 Schools1,106 Students10% Minority
- 7 Schools621 Students16% Minority
- 10 Schools1,172 Students27% Minority
- 214 Schools37,008 Students20% Minority
- 4 Schools232 Students9% Minority
- 36 Schools5,745 Students29% Minority
- 10 Schools1,706 Students9% Minority
- 5 Schools241 Students24% Minority
- 216 Schools48,193 Students44% Minority
- 1 Schools50 Students15% Minority
- 1 Schools18 Students25% Minority
- 14 Schools1,865 Students23% Minority
- 9 Schools382 Students8% Minority
- 4 Schools210 Students38% Minority
- 6 Schools382 Students5% Minority
- 13 Schools395 Students1% Minority
- 5 Schools475 Students28% Minority
- 3 Schools169 Students2% Minority
- 23 Schools2,254 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools326 Students5% Minority
- 46 Schools4,532 Students6% Minority
- 2 Schools45 Students12% Minority
- 50 Schools5,065 Students13% Minority
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.