Top Pennsylvania Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2,192 top private schools in Pennsylvania, serving 287,575 students.
- The average private school tuition is $7,995 for elementary schools and $15,251 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 86% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
The Phelps School Photo - Founded in 1946, The Phelps School is dedicated to the personalized education for the boy who seeks success academically, personally and socially. Our first obligation is to create a caring, sensitive climate which emphasizes the positive in every situation.
The Haverford School Photo - The Haverford brotherhood is evident from our boys' first days. Here, Upper School language students teach pre-kindergarten boys to write and speak the numbers 1-5 in Chinese.
Delaware Valley Friends School Photo - Delaware Valley Friends School is a national leader in the field of educating students (grades 3-12) with dyslexia, dysgraphia, executive function disorders, ADHD, and other learning differences located in the Philadelphia area.
The Waldorf School of Philadelphia Photo - The Waldorf School of Philadelphia is a nursery through 8th grade school located in the heart of Germantown. We are a school that adheres to a unique and time-tested curriculum and our students are free to learn without the pressure and stress of standardized testing.
St. Aloysius Academy Photo - St. Aloysius Academy, sponsored by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, instills a spirit of love, creative hope and fidelity. In the spirit of our Jesuit patron, the boys live the Magis - they are men for others. They participate in daily prayer, the Angelus, monthly Mass, Rosary Walk, Live Nativity and Live Stations of the Cross.
Sacred Heart School Photo - Students enjoy our new STEM lab with Promethean technology and 1:1 chrome books! Middle school students have a double period STEM block every week.
The Baldwin School Photo - Baldwin's athletics program seeks to support the mission of the school and to provide an enhanced environment in which each girl can develop. Each student-athlete is challenged to learn new skills, embrace the value of working together, and become empowered to stretch her boundaries and self-expectations.
Top Pennsylvania Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 16 Schools1,716 Students8% Minority
- 198 Schools28,222 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools464 Students2% Minority
- 14 Schools1,840 Students10% Minority
- 8 Schools336 Students5% Minority
- 72 Schools7,315 Students28% Minority
- 21 Schools2,412 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools412 Students4% Minority
- 143 Schools18,121 Students17% Minority
- 31 Schools4,752 Students15% Minority
- 16 Schools2,691 Students6% Minority
- 6 Schools385 Students16% Minority
- 23 Schools1,880 Students9% Minority
- 124 Schools15,093 Students13% Minority
- 8 Schools298 Students9% Minority
- 14 Schools1,146 Students3% Minority
- 8 Schools286 Students3% Minority
- 8 Schools660 Students7% Minority
- 22 Schools1,232 Students11% Minority
- 43 Schools4,150 Students14% Minority
- 52 Schools8,174 Students33% Minority
- 138 Schools22,806 Students26% Minority
- 6 Schools1,100 Students1% Minority
- 38 Schools6,925 Students14% Minority
- 13 Schools1,438 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools106 Students41% Minority
- 29 Schools2,696 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools93 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools73 Students2% Minority
- 4 Schools230 Students4% Minority
- 16 Schools740 Students15% Minority
- 13 Schools498 Students2% Minority
- 10 Schools471 Students3% Minority
- 38 Schools4,947 Students8% Minority
- 143 Schools12,402 Students10% Minority
- 5 Schools384 Students4% Minority
- 19 Schools1,607 Students7% Minority
- 47 Schools8,524 Students25% Minority
- 40 Schools5,668 Students9% Minority
- 10 Schools811 Students9% Minority
- 6 Schools449 Students4% Minority
- 18 Schools1,197 Students8% Minority
- 16 Schools843 Students5% Minority
- 11 Schools1,116 Students36% Minority
- 228 Schools38,084 Students17% Minority
- 4 Schools193 Students9% Minority
- 37 Schools5,842 Students19% Minority
- 13 Schools1,556 Students5% Minority
- 7 Schools237 Students- Minority
- 234 Schools48,920 Students46% Minority
- 1 Schools50 Students15% Minority
- 3 Schools38 Students9% Minority
- 13 Schools1,734 Students38% Minority
- 13 Schools485 Students3% Minority
- 7 Schools273 Students13% Minority
- 5 Schools368 Students7% Minority
- 15 Schools441 Students1% Minority
- 8 Schools614 Students15% Minority
- 7 Schools319 Students4% Minority
- 23 Schools1,868 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools326 Students4% Minority
- 48 Schools4,161 Students9% Minority
- 2 Schools39 Students12% Minority
- 58 Schools5,407 Students12% Minority
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.