Pennsylvania Private Schools
- There are 1,912 private schools in Pennsylvania, serving 278,458 students.
- The average private school tuition is $7,827 for elementary schools and $14,704 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 86% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Delaware Valley Friends School is a national leader in the field of educating students (grades 5-12) with dyslexia, dysgraphia, executive function disorders, ADHD, and other learning differences located in the Philadelphia area.
Founded in 1946, The Phelps School is dedicated to the personalized education for the boy who seeks success academically, personally and socially. Our first obligation is to create a caring, sensitive climate which emphasizes the positive in every situation.
St. Aloysius Academy, sponsored by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, instills a spirit of love, creative hope and fidelity. In the spirit of our Jesuit patron, the boys live the Magis - they are men for others. They participate in daily prayer, the Angelus, monthly Mass, Rosary Walk, Live Nativity and Live Stations of the Cross.
The Haverford brotherhood is evident from our boys' first days. Here, Upper School language students teach pre-kindergarten boys to write and speak the numbers 1-5 in Chinese.
Our fifth and sixth grades got to go to Harrisburg, Gettysburg and Hershey at the end of last school year. They had an awesome time!
Pennsylvania Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 16 Schools1,718 Students9% Minority
- 187 Schools28,326 Students19% Minority
- 5 Schools315 Students1% Minority
- 13 Schools1,128 Students8% Minority
- 8 Schools351 Students4% Minority
- 65 Schools8,066 Students19% Minority
- 18 Schools2,172 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools449 Students7% Minority
- 135 Schools17,904 Students13% Minority
- 31 Schools4,062 Students12% Minority
- 15 Schools2,620 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools432 Students19% Minority
- 19 Schools1,464 Students10% Minority
- 111 Schools16,085 Students12% Minority
- 6 Schools321 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools915 Students3% Minority
- 5 Schools210 Students10% Minority
- 6 Schools580 Students5% Minority
- 17 Schools1,069 Students29% Minority
- 35 Schools3,734 Students11% Minority
- 44 Schools7,299 Students33% Minority
- 129 Schools22,711 Students24% Minority
- 6 Schools1,208 Students1% Minority
- 37 Schools6,805 Students25% Minority
- 12 Schools1,354 Students7% Minority
- 1 Schools160 Students69% Minority
- 23 Schools2,637 Students15% Minority
- 4 Schools66 Students12% Minority
- 1 Schools119 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools136 Students6% Minority
- 10 Schools658 Students17% Minority
- 3 Schools333 Students3% Minority
- 4 Schools316 Students1% Minority
- 33 Schools5,172 Students6% Minority
- 100 Schools10,430 Students16% Minority
- 4 Schools426 Students5% Minority
- 15 Schools1,352 Students7% Minority
- 46 Schools7,858 Students18% Minority
- 34 Schools5,488 Students18% Minority
- 10 Schools707 Students8% Minority
- 6 Schools507 Students2% Minority
- 12 Schools1,106 Students10% Minority
- 7 Schools621 Students16% Minority
- 10 Schools1,172 Students27% Minority
- 214 Schools36,869 Students20% Minority
- 4 Schools232 Students9% Minority
- 36 Schools5,763 Students29% Minority
- 8 Schools1,449 Students5% Minority
- 5 Schools240 Students24% Minority
- 213 Schools47,568 Students44% Minority
- 1 Schools50 Students15% Minority
- 1 Schools18 Students25% Minority
- 13 Schools1,814 Students23% Minority
- 9 Schools382 Students8% Minority
- 4 Schools235 Students45% Minority
- 5 Schools349 Students5% Minority
- 13 Schools395 Students1% Minority
- 5 Schools476 Students27% Minority
- 3 Schools169 Students2% Minority
- 22 Schools2,154 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools326 Students5% Minority
- 44 Schools4,433 Students6% Minority
- 2 Schools45 Students12% Minority
- 50 Schools5,267 Students12% Minority
April 20, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.