Top Pennsylvania Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2,210 top private schools in Pennsylvania, serving 289,143 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,030 for elementary schools and $15,293 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 86% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
AIM Academy Photo - MEETING LEARNING CHALLENGES WITH SCIENCE & LOVE: AT AIMAcademy, we recognize that children who learn differently need to be taught differently - and that's exactly what we do. Our passionately committed, highly-trained faculty employ techniques proven effective, and the results are remarkable. Each day we witness young people who doubted themselves in every way discover the gift of fearless learning.
St. Aloysius Academy Photo - St. Aloysius Academy, sponsored by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, instills a spirit of love, creative hope and fidelity. In the spirit of our Jesuit patron, the boys live the Magis - they are men for others. They participate in daily prayer, the Angelus, monthly Mass, Rosary Walk, Live Nativity and Live Stations of the Cross.
Delaware Valley Friends School Photo - Delaware Valley Friends School is a national leader in the field of educating students (grades 3-12) with dyslexia, dysgraphia, executive function disorders, ADHD, and other learning differences located in the Philadelphia area.
The Phelps School Photo - Founded in 1946, The Phelps School is dedicated to the personalized education for the boy who seeks success academically, personally and socially. Our first obligation is to create a caring, sensitive climate which emphasizes the positive in every situation.
The Waldorf School of Philadelphia Photo - The Waldorf School of Philadelphia is a nursery through 8th grade school located in the heart of Germantown. We are a school that adheres to a unique and time-tested curriculum and our students are free to learn without the pressure and stress of standardized testing.
The Haverford School Photo - The Haverford brotherhood is evident from our boys' first days. Here, Upper School language students teach pre-kindergarten boys to write and speak the numbers 1-5 in Chinese.
Sacred Heart School Photo - Students enjoy our new STEM lab with Promethean technology and 1:1 chrome books! Middle school students have a double period STEM block every week.
Shady Side Academy Middle School Photo - At the Shady Side Academy Middle School students learn to balance school work, learn time management and begin the transition to young-adulthood. The transition from elementary to middle school is aided every step by caring faculty who get to know each child as an individual, offering encouragement while expecting the best from each child both personally and academically.
Top Pennsylvania Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 16 Schools1,716 Students8% Minority
- 200 Schools28,352 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools472 Students2% Minority
- 14 Schools1,840 Students10% Minority
- 8 Schools324 Students5% Minority
- 73 Schools7,328 Students28% Minority
- 21 Schools2,368 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools412 Students4% Minority
- 144 Schools18,382 Students17% Minority
- 31 Schools4,230 Students15% Minority
- 16 Schools2,691 Students6% Minority
- 6 Schools385 Students16% Minority
- 25 Schools1,896 Students9% Minority
- 124 Schools15,734 Students13% Minority
- 8 Schools298 Students9% Minority
- 15 Schools1,140 Students4% Minority
- 8 Schools286 Students3% Minority
- 8 Schools660 Students7% Minority
- 23 Schools1,250 Students11% Minority
- 43 Schools4,148 Students14% Minority
- 53 Schools8,157 Students33% Minority
- 143 Schools23,584 Students26% Minority
- 6 Schools1,100 Students1% Minority
- 40 Schools7,029 Students14% Minority
- 13 Schools1,438 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools106 Students41% Minority
- 29 Schools2,697 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools93 Students6% Minority
- 7 Schools219 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools73 Students2% Minority
- 4 Schools230 Students4% Minority
- 16 Schools740 Students15% Minority
- 13 Schools492 Students2% Minority
- 10 Schools471 Students3% Minority
- 38 Schools4,941 Students8% Minority
- 143 Schools12,450 Students10% Minority
- 5 Schools384 Students4% Minority
- 19 Schools1,607 Students7% Minority
- 48 Schools8,320 Students25% Minority
- 40 Schools5,668 Students9% Minority
- 10 Schools811 Students9% Minority
- 6 Schools449 Students4% Minority
- 18 Schools1,197 Students8% Minority
- 16 Schools843 Students5% Minority
- 11 Schools1,116 Students36% Minority
- 229 Schools38,175 Students17% Minority
- 4 Schools193 Students9% Minority
- 37 Schools6,174 Students19% Minority
- 13 Schools1,559 Students5% Minority
- 8 Schools325 Students11% Minority
- 235 Schools49,507 Students47% Minority
- 1 Schools50 Students15% Minority
- 3 Schools38 Students9% Minority
- 13 Schools1,734 Students38% Minority
- 13 Schools485 Students3% Minority
- 7 Schools273 Students13% Minority
- 5 Schools368 Students7% Minority
- 25 Schools2,784 Students12% Minority
- 15 Schools441 Students1% Minority
- 8 Schools592 Students15% Minority
- 7 Schools319 Students4% Minority
- 23 Schools1,876 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools326 Students4% Minority
- 48 Schools4,142 Students9% Minority
- 2 Schools39 Students12% Minority
- 58 Schools5,371 Students12% Minority
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.