Pennsylvania Private Schools
- There are 1,910 private schools in Pennsylvania, serving 278,248 students.
- The average private school tuition is $7,841 for elementary schools and $14,588 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 86% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
St. Aloysius Academy, sponsored by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, instills a spirit of love, creative hope and fidelity. In the spirit of our Jesuit patron, the boys live the Magis - they are men for others. They participate in daily prayer, the Angelus, monthly Mass, Rosary Walk, Live Nativity and Live Stations of the Cross.
Delaware Valley Friends School is a national leader in the field of educating students (grades 5-12) with dyslexia, dysgraphia, executive function disorders, ADHD, and other learning differences located in the Philadelphia area.
Starting with our youngest students, we develop critical thinking and problem solving skills, and support each child's ability to thrive in collaborative and dynamic classroom environments.
The Haverford brotherhood is evident from our boys' first days. Here, Upper School language students teach pre-kindergarten boys to write and speak the numbers 1-5 in Chinese.
Founded in 1946, The Phelps School is dedicated to the personalized education for the boy who seeks success academically, personally and socially. Our first obligation is to create a caring, sensitive climate which emphasizes the positive in every situation.
Moon Township East KinderCare welcomes children of all abilities, with the commitment to provide quality care and education to each child. We believe every child is a unique individual with varying needs, and we welcome the diversity that brings to our centers. All children and families deserve to be full members of their communities, to have the opportunity for development and learning, and to experience a sense of belonging.
Milton Hershey School is a private residential school for children pre-kindergarten through 12th grade who come from a family of low income. It is located in the rural community of Hershey, Pennsylvania. The students live in a home environment with 8-12 other students and experienced houseparents to provide guidance, structure, and support.
Pennsylvania Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 16 Schools1,718 Students10% Minority
- 189 Schools28,201 Students19% Minority
- 5 Schools315 Students1% Minority
- 13 Schools1,128 Students8% Minority
- 8 Schools351 Students4% Minority
- 65 Schools8,066 Students19% Minority
- 18 Schools2,179 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools449 Students7% Minority
- 135 Schools17,904 Students13% Minority
- 30 Schools4,050 Students12% Minority
- 15 Schools2,620 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools338 Students23% Minority
- 19 Schools1,464 Students10% Minority
- 111 Schools16,089 Students12% Minority
- 6 Schools321 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools915 Students3% Minority
- 5 Schools210 Students10% Minority
- 6 Schools580 Students5% Minority
- 17 Schools1,069 Students29% Minority
- 35 Schools3,734 Students11% Minority
- 44 Schools7,299 Students33% Minority
- 129 Schools22,674 Students24% Minority
- 6 Schools1,208 Students1% Minority
- 37 Schools6,805 Students24% Minority
- 12 Schools1,354 Students7% Minority
- 1 Schools160 Students69% Minority
- 23 Schools2,637 Students15% Minority
- 4 Schools66 Students12% Minority
- 1 Schools119 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools161 Students6% Minority
- 10 Schools658 Students17% Minority
- 3 Schools333 Students3% Minority
- 4 Schools316 Students1% Minority
- 31 Schools5,156 Students6% Minority
- 100 Schools10,447 Students16% Minority
- 4 Schools426 Students5% Minority
- 15 Schools1,352 Students7% Minority
- 45 Schools7,848 Students18% Minority
- 34 Schools5,530 Students19% Minority
- 10 Schools707 Students8% Minority
- 6 Schools507 Students2% Minority
- 12 Schools1,106 Students10% Minority
- 7 Schools621 Students16% Minority
- 10 Schools1,172 Students27% Minority
- 214 Schools36,872 Students20% Minority
- 4 Schools232 Students9% Minority
- 36 Schools5,763 Students29% Minority
- 8 Schools1,449 Students5% Minority
- 5 Schools240 Students24% Minority
- 211 Schools47,516 Students44% Minority
- 1 Schools50 Students15% Minority
- 1 Schools18 Students25% Minority
- 13 Schools1,814 Students23% Minority
- 9 Schools382 Students8% Minority
- 4 Schools235 Students45% Minority
- 5 Schools349 Students5% Minority
- 13 Schools395 Students1% Minority
- 5 Schools476 Students27% Minority
- 3 Schools169 Students2% Minority
- 21 Schools1,923 Students9% Minority
- 2 Schools326 Students5% Minority
- 44 Schools4,403 Students6% Minority
- 2 Schools45 Students12% Minority
- 50 Schools5,267 Students12% Minority
June 07, 2018
If you have the chance to move overseas, don't worry about educating your children. You have several options.
May 31, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.