Top Pennsylvania Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2,247 top private schools in Pennsylvania, serving 284,712 students.
- The average private school tuition is $7,994 for elementary schools and $16,316 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 86% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 23% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
St. Aloysius Academy Photo - St. Aloysius Academy has a dedicated, robust program of leadership and service. The students are dedicated to our PAWS program - Peace, Awareness, Witness and Service as seen in the daily recitation of the PAWS Pledge when they promise to "respect and enjoy each other's differences and talents." The Leadership Council plans many service projects for all to participate.
AIM Academy Photo - MEETING LEARNING CHALLENGES WITH SCIENCE & LOVE: AT AIMAcademy, we recognize that children who learn differently need to be taught differently - and that's exactly what we do. Our passionately committed, highly-trained faculty employ techniques proven effective, and the results are remarkable. Each day we witness young people who doubted themselves in every way discover the gift of fearless learning.
The Phelps School Photo - There is strong school spirit at Phelps. Many boys participate in various sports, playing in the Tri County Independent School League.
The Waldorf School of Philadelphia Photo - The Waldorf School of Philadelphia is a nursery through 8th grade school located in the heart of Germantown. We are a school that adheres to a unique and time-tested curriculum and our students are free to learn without the pressure and stress of standardized testing.
Germantown Academy Photo - Second grade students research various species in the Wissahickon Creek, which runs through the heart of GA's campus.
Delaware Valley Friends School Photo - Delaware Valley Friends School is a national leader in the field of educating students (grades 1-12) with dyslexia, dysgraphia, executive function disorders, ADHD, and other learning differences located in the Philadelphia area.
Top Pennsylvania Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 15 Schools1,710 Students9% Minority
- 198 Schools27,427 Students20% Minority
- 6 Schools280 Students3% Minority
- 12 Schools1,755 Students8% Minority
- 9 Schools391 Students5% Minority
- 73 Schools7,058 Students32% Minority
- 23 Schools2,482 Students13% Minority
- 3 Schools370 Students5% Minority
- 139 Schools17,213 Students15% Minority
- 30 Schools4,604 Students15% Minority
- 18 Schools2,660 Students6% Minority
- 7 Schools366 Students16% Minority
- 26 Schools2,035 Students7% Minority
- 129 Schools15,239 Students14% Minority
- 9 Schools323 Students4% Minority
- 14 Schools1,199 Students3% Minority
- 7 Schools388 Students4% Minority
- 8 Schools640 Students5% Minority
- 25 Schools1,314 Students11% Minority
- 43 Schools4,118 Students12% Minority
- 51 Schools8,112 Students32% Minority
- 133 Schools22,367 Students27% Minority
- 6 Schools1,014 Students2% Minority
- 37 Schools7,014 Students14% Minority
- 13 Schools1,405 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools133 Students49% Minority
- 31 Schools2,739 Students12% Minority
- 4 Schools85 Students7% Minority
- 1 Schools77 Students1% Minority
- 4 Schools231 Students4% Minority
- 16 Schools761 Students15% Minority
- 14 Schools513 Students2% Minority
- 11 Schools503 Students3% Minority
- 38 Schools4,318 Students8% Minority
- 153 Schools12,837 Students13% Minority
- 5 Schools401 Students9% Minority
- 20 Schools1,714 Students8% Minority
- 50 Schools8,688 Students29% Minority
- 41 Schools5,521 Students13% Minority
- 13 Schools703 Students12% Minority
- 6 Schools343 Students4% Minority
- 24 Schools1,451 Students14% Minority
- 18 Schools860 Students2% Minority
- 14 Schools1,221 Students40% Minority
- 235 Schools38,509 Students17% Minority
- 6 Schools263 Students7% Minority
- 38 Schools6,197 Students24% Minority
- 12 Schools1,505 Students5% Minority
- 9 Schools298 Students6% Minority
- 239 Schools47,837 Students49% Minority
- 1 Schools50 Students15% Minority
- 3 Schools102 Students- Minority
- 12 Schools1,472 Students16% Minority
- 14 Schools526 Students5% Minority
- 9 Schools527 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools353 Students9% Minority
- 15 Schools450 Students1% Minority
- 8 Schools576 Students9% Minority
- 9 Schools358 Students3% Minority
- 23 Schools1,642 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools326 Students4% Minority
- 47 Schools3,921 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools43 Students- Minority
- 60 Schools5,174 Students14% Minority
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.