Pennsylvania Private Schools
- There are 1,922 private schools in Pennsylvania, serving 279,636 students.
- The average private school tuition is $7,807 for elementary schools and $14,722 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 86% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Delaware Valley Friends School is a national leader in the field of educating students (grades 5-12) with dyslexia, dysgraphia, executive function disorders, ADHD, and other learning differences located in the Philadelphia area.
WELCOME TO SAINT LEO THE GREAT! We are a community of families where faith, learning, parent-school partnership and the works of mercy come together!
The Haverford brotherhood is evident from our boys' first days. Here, Upper School language students teach pre-kindergarten boys to write and speak the numbers 1-5 in Chinese.
Founded in 1946, The Phelps School is dedicated to the personalized education for the boy who seeks success academically, personally and socially. Our first obligation is to create a caring, sensitive climate which emphasizes the positive in every situation.
St. Aloysius Academy, sponsored by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, instills a spirit of love, creative hope and fidelity. In the spirit of our Jesuit patron, the boys live the Magis - they are men for others. They participate in daily prayer, the Angelus, monthly Mass, Rosary Walk, Live Nativity and Live Stations of the Cross.
All the children gathered every hour on the hour to pray. Each student took their turn to read their prayer. Subjects included family, teachers, their country, their school and their President.
The New Danville Campus south of Lancaster offers PreK through Grade 5 in a diverse, warmly accepting Christian educational community.
Friends' Central School is an independent, coeducational, Quaker, college-preparatory day school for Nursery through grade 12 students. Located on 41 acres across two campuses in Wynnewood, Pa., Friends' Central cultivates the intellectual, spiritual, and ethical promise of students. Since 1845, Friends' Central has been educating for excellence, inspiring tomorrow's leaders, honoring each individual, and encouraging students to peacefully transform the world.
Pennsylvania Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 16 Schools1,720 Students9% Minority
- 188 Schools28,725 Students19% Minority
- 4 Schools293 Students- Minority
- 14 Schools1,173 Students8% Minority
- 8 Schools344 Students4% Minority
- 65 Schools8,109 Students19% Minority
- 19 Schools2,307 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools449 Students7% Minority
- 135 Schools18,402 Students14% Minority
- 32 Schools4,059 Students12% Minority
- 16 Schools2,785 Students4% Minority
- 7 Schools599 Students14% Minority
- 19 Schools1,443 Students10% Minority
- 112 Schools16,280 Students11% Minority
- 6 Schools321 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools1,054 Students3% Minority
- 5 Schools210 Students10% Minority
- 6 Schools562 Students4% Minority
- 17 Schools1,069 Students29% Minority
- 35 Schools3,734 Students11% Minority
- 44 Schools7,331 Students33% Minority
- 129 Schools22,735 Students24% Minority
- 6 Schools1,208 Students1% Minority
- 37 Schools6,805 Students25% Minority
- 12 Schools1,354 Students7% Minority
- 1 Schools160 Students69% Minority
- 23 Schools2,637 Students15% Minority
- 4 Schools66 Students12% Minority
- 1 Schools119 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools136 Students6% Minority
- 10 Schools658 Students17% Minority
- 3 Schools333 Students3% Minority
- 4 Schools316 Students1% Minority
- 33 Schools5,172 Students6% Minority
- 102 Schools10,449 Students16% Minority
- 4 Schools426 Students5% Minority
- 15 Schools1,352 Students7% Minority
- 47 Schools8,022 Students17% Minority
- 35 Schools5,555 Students18% Minority
- 11 Schools823 Students9% Minority
- 6 Schools507 Students2% Minority
- 12 Schools1,106 Students10% Minority
- 7 Schools621 Students16% Minority
- 10 Schools1,172 Students27% Minority
- 214 Schools37,008 Students20% Minority
- 4 Schools232 Students9% Minority
- 36 Schools5,745 Students29% Minority
- 10 Schools1,706 Students9% Minority
- 5 Schools241 Students24% Minority
- 216 Schools48,193 Students44% Minority
- 1 Schools50 Students15% Minority
- 1 Schools18 Students25% Minority
- 14 Schools1,865 Students23% Minority
- 9 Schools382 Students8% Minority
- 4 Schools210 Students38% Minority
- 6 Schools382 Students5% Minority
- 13 Schools395 Students1% Minority
- 5 Schools475 Students28% Minority
- 3 Schools169 Students2% Minority
- 23 Schools2,254 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools326 Students5% Minority
- 46 Schools4,532 Students6% Minority
- 2 Schools45 Students12% Minority
- 50 Schools5,065 Students13% Minority
November 23, 2017
Use an educational consultant to ask those tough questions you are not comfortable asking.
November 23, 2017
Some schools require you to purchase a laptop as part of their book fee. Others let you bring your own computer.
November 23, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?