Top Pennsylvania Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2,204 top private schools in Pennsylvania, serving 288,903 students.
- The average private school tuition is $7,937 for elementary schools and $15,086 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 86% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
St. Aloysius Academy Photo - St. Aloysius Academy, sponsored by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, instills a spirit of love, creative hope and fidelity. In the spirit of our Jesuit patron, the boys live the Magis - they are men for others. They participate in daily prayer, the Angelus, monthly Mass, Rosary Walk, Live Nativity and Live Stations of the Cross.
The Phelps School Photo - Founded in 1946, The Phelps School is dedicated to the personalized education for the boy who seeks success academically, personally and socially. Our first obligation is to create a caring, sensitive climate which emphasizes the positive in every situation.
The Waldorf School of Philadelphia Photo - The Waldorf School of Philadelphia is a nursery through 8th grade school located in the heart of Germantown. We are a school that adheres to a unique and time-tested curriculum and our students are free to learn without the pressure and stress of standardized testing.
AIM Academy Photo - MEETING LEARNING CHALLENGES WITH SCIENCE & LOVE: AT AIMAcademy, we recognize that children who learn differently need to be taught differently - and that's exactly what we do. Our passionately committed, highly-trained faculty employ techniques proven effective, and the results are remarkable. Each day we witness young people who doubted themselves in every way discover the gift of fearless learning.
The Haverford School Photo - The Haverford brotherhood is evident from our boys' first days. Here, Upper School language students teach pre-kindergarten boys to write and speak the numbers 1-5 in Chinese.
Delaware Valley Friends School Photo - Delaware Valley Friends School is a national leader in the field of educating students (grades 3-12) with dyslexia, dysgraphia, executive function disorders, ADHD, and other learning differences located in the Philadelphia area.
Sacred Heart School Photo - Students enjoy our new STEM lab with Promethean technology and 1:1 chrome books! Middle school students have a double period STEM block every week.
Abington Christian Academy Photo - Students experience Roman language, government, learning, art, Olympics, and food during A Day in Ancient Rome--a hands-on history day that culminated a year-long exploration of ancient Roman culture.
Top Pennsylvania Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 16 Schools1,716 Students8% Minority
- 200 Schools28,352 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools472 Students2% Minority
- 14 Schools1,840 Students10% Minority
- 8 Schools324 Students5% Minority
- 73 Schools7,328 Students28% Minority
- 21 Schools2,368 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools412 Students4% Minority
- 144 Schools18,382 Students17% Minority
- 31 Schools4,230 Students15% Minority
- 16 Schools2,691 Students6% Minority
- 6 Schools385 Students16% Minority
- 25 Schools1,896 Students9% Minority
- 124 Schools15,734 Students13% Minority
- 8 Schools298 Students9% Minority
- 15 Schools1,140 Students4% Minority
- 8 Schools286 Students3% Minority
- 8 Schools660 Students7% Minority
- 23 Schools1,250 Students11% Minority
- 43 Schools4,148 Students14% Minority
- 53 Schools8,157 Students33% Minority
- 143 Schools23,584 Students26% Minority
- 6 Schools1,100 Students1% Minority
- 40 Schools7,029 Students14% Minority
- 13 Schools1,438 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools106 Students41% Minority
- 29 Schools2,697 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools93 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools73 Students2% Minority
- 4 Schools230 Students4% Minority
- 16 Schools740 Students15% Minority
- 13 Schools492 Students2% Minority
- 10 Schools471 Students3% Minority
- 38 Schools4,941 Students8% Minority
- 143 Schools12,450 Students10% Minority
- 5 Schools384 Students4% Minority
- 19 Schools1,607 Students7% Minority
- 48 Schools8,320 Students25% Minority
- 40 Schools5,668 Students9% Minority
- 10 Schools811 Students9% Minority
- 6 Schools449 Students4% Minority
- 18 Schools1,197 Students8% Minority
- 16 Schools843 Students5% Minority
- 11 Schools1,116 Students36% Minority
- 229 Schools38,175 Students17% Minority
- 4 Schools193 Students9% Minority
- 37 Schools6,174 Students19% Minority
- 13 Schools1,559 Students5% Minority
- 8 Schools325 Students11% Minority
- 235 Schools49,507 Students47% Minority
- 1 Schools50 Students15% Minority
- 3 Schools38 Students9% Minority
- 13 Schools1,734 Students38% Minority
- 13 Schools485 Students3% Minority
- 7 Schools273 Students13% Minority
- 5 Schools368 Students7% Minority
- 15 Schools441 Students1% Minority
- 8 Schools592 Students15% Minority
- 7 Schools319 Students4% Minority
- 23 Schools1,876 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools326 Students4% Minority
- 48 Schools4,142 Students9% Minority
- 2 Schools39 Students12% Minority
- 58 Schools5,371 Students12% Minority
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.