Top Pennsylvania Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2,213 top private schools in Pennsylvania, serving 289,606 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,048 for elementary schools and $15,459 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 86% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
Sacred Heart School Photo - Students enjoy our new STEM lab with Promethean technology and 1:1 chrome books! Middle school students have a double period STEM block every week.
International Christian High School Photo - International Christian High School Graduation at Cairn University.
St. Aloysius Academy Photo - St. Aloysius Academy, sponsored by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, instills a spirit of love, creative hope and fidelity. In the spirit of our Jesuit patron, the boys live the Magis - they are men for others. They participate in daily prayer, the Angelus, monthly Mass, Rosary Walk, Live Nativity and Live Stations of the Cross.
Delaware Valley Friends School Photo - Delaware Valley Friends School is a national leader in the field of educating students (grades 5-12) with dyslexia, dysgraphia, executive function disorders, ADHD, and other learning differences located in the Philadelphia area.
The Haverford School Photo - The Haverford brotherhood is evident from our boys' first days. Here, Upper School language students teach pre-kindergarten boys to write and speak the numbers 1-5 in Chinese.
The Phelps School Photo - Founded in 1946, The Phelps School is dedicated to the personalized education for the boy who seeks success academically, personally and socially. Our first obligation is to create a caring, sensitive climate which emphasizes the positive in every situation.
AIM Academy Photo - Starting with our youngest students, we develop critical thinking and problem solving skills, and support each child's ability to thrive in collaborative and dynamic classroom environments.
Montgomery School Photo - 5th Graders work with a team of scientists from the Ruth Patrick Center for Environmental Research (a program at the Academy of Natural Sciences) to conduct an in-depth study of Pickering Creek, which runs through Montgomery School's 60-acre campus.
Wyoming Seminary Upper School Photo - Are you ready for a change? Are you ready to be transformed? As a student at Sem, your life will change in the best possible ways.
Top Pennsylvania Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 16 Schools1,716 Students8% Minority
- 200 Schools28,352 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools472 Students2% Minority
- 14 Schools1,840 Students10% Minority
- 8 Schools324 Students5% Minority
- 73 Schools7,328 Students28% Minority
- 21 Schools2,368 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools412 Students4% Minority
- 144 Schools18,382 Students17% Minority
- 31 Schools4,230 Students15% Minority
- 16 Schools2,691 Students6% Minority
- 6 Schools385 Students16% Minority
- 25 Schools1,896 Students9% Minority
- 124 Schools15,734 Students13% Minority
- 8 Schools298 Students9% Minority
- 15 Schools1,140 Students4% Minority
- 8 Schools286 Students3% Minority
- 8 Schools660 Students7% Minority
- 23 Schools1,250 Students11% Minority
- 43 Schools4,148 Students14% Minority
- 53 Schools8,157 Students33% Minority
- 143 Schools23,584 Students26% Minority
- 6 Schools1,100 Students1% Minority
- 40 Schools7,029 Students14% Minority
- 13 Schools1,438 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools106 Students41% Minority
- 29 Schools2,697 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools93 Students6% Minority
- 7 Schools219 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools73 Students2% Minority
- 4 Schools230 Students4% Minority
- 16 Schools740 Students15% Minority
- 13 Schools492 Students2% Minority
- 10 Schools471 Students3% Minority
- 38 Schools4,941 Students8% Minority
- 143 Schools12,450 Students10% Minority
- 5 Schools384 Students4% Minority
- 19 Schools1,607 Students7% Minority
- 48 Schools8,320 Students25% Minority
- 40 Schools5,668 Students9% Minority
- 10 Schools811 Students9% Minority
- 6 Schools449 Students4% Minority
- 18 Schools1,197 Students8% Minority
- 16 Schools843 Students5% Minority
- 11 Schools1,116 Students36% Minority
- 229 Schools38,175 Students17% Minority
- 4 Schools193 Students9% Minority
- 37 Schools6,174 Students19% Minority
- 13 Schools1,559 Students5% Minority
- 8 Schools325 Students11% Minority
- 235 Schools49,507 Students47% Minority
- 1 Schools50 Students15% Minority
- 3 Schools38 Students9% Minority
- 13 Schools1,734 Students38% Minority
- 13 Schools485 Students3% Minority
- 7 Schools273 Students13% Minority
- 5 Schools368 Students7% Minority
- 25 Schools2,784 Students12% Minority
- 15 Schools441 Students1% Minority
- 8 Schools592 Students15% Minority
- 7 Schools319 Students4% Minority
- 23 Schools1,876 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools326 Students4% Minority
- 48 Schools4,142 Students9% Minority
- 2 Schools39 Students12% Minority
- 58 Schools5,371 Students12% Minority
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.