Pennsylvania Private Schools
- There are 2,217 private schools in Pennsylvania, serving 290,327 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,119 for elementary schools and $15,314 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 86% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
The Haverford brotherhood is evident from our boys' first days. Here, Upper School language students teach pre-kindergarten boys to write and speak the numbers 1-5 in Chinese.
St. Aloysius Academy, sponsored by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, instills a spirit of love, creative hope and fidelity. In the spirit of our Jesuit patron, the boys live the Magis - they are men for others. They participate in daily prayer, the Angelus, monthly Mass, Rosary Walk, Live Nativity and Live Stations of the Cross.
Starting with our youngest students, we develop critical thinking and problem solving skills, and support each child's ability to thrive in collaborative and dynamic classroom environments.
Founded in 1946, The Phelps School is dedicated to the personalized education for the boy who seeks success academically, personally and socially. Our first obligation is to create a caring, sensitive climate which emphasizes the positive in every situation.
We learn in a strong community that is founded in respect, curiosity, and dedication to life long learning.
Pennsylvania Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 16 Schools1,716 Students8% Minority
- 200 Schools28,400 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools472 Students2% Minority
- 14 Schools1,840 Students10% Minority
- 8 Schools324 Students5% Minority
- 73 Schools7,328 Students28% Minority
- 21 Schools2,384 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools412 Students4% Minority
- 144 Schools18,382 Students17% Minority
- 31 Schools4,230 Students15% Minority
- 16 Schools2,691 Students6% Minority
- 6 Schools385 Students16% Minority
- 25 Schools1,896 Students9% Minority
- 124 Schools15,761 Students13% Minority
- 8 Schools298 Students9% Minority
- 15 Schools1,140 Students4% Minority
- 8 Schools286 Students3% Minority
- 8 Schools660 Students7% Minority
- 23 Schools1,268 Students11% Minority
- 43 Schools4,148 Students14% Minority
- 53 Schools8,197 Students33% Minority
- 143 Schools23,660 Students26% Minority
- 6 Schools1,100 Students1% Minority
- 40 Schools7,029 Students14% Minority
- 13 Schools1,438 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools106 Students41% Minority
- 29 Schools2,697 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools93 Students6% Minority
- 7 Schools219 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools73 Students2% Minority
- 4 Schools230 Students4% Minority
- 16 Schools740 Students15% Minority
- 13 Schools492 Students2% Minority
- 10 Schools471 Students3% Minority
- 38 Schools4,941 Students8% Minority
- 143 Schools12,450 Students10% Minority
- 5 Schools384 Students4% Minority
- 19 Schools1,607 Students7% Minority
- 48 Schools8,320 Students25% Minority
- 40 Schools5,668 Students9% Minority
- 10 Schools811 Students9% Minority
- 6 Schools449 Students4% Minority
- 18 Schools1,197 Students8% Minority
- 16 Schools843 Students5% Minority
- 11 Schools1,116 Students36% Minority
- 230 Schools38,319 Students17% Minority
- 4 Schools193 Students9% Minority
- 37 Schools6,174 Students19% Minority
- 13 Schools1,559 Students5% Minority
- 8 Schools325 Students11% Minority
- 235 Schools49,509 Students47% Minority
- 1 Schools50 Students15% Minority
- 3 Schools38 Students9% Minority
- 13 Schools1,734 Students38% Minority
- 13 Schools485 Students3% Minority
- 7 Schools273 Students13% Minority
- 5 Schools368 Students7% Minority
- 25 Schools2,784 Students12% Minority
- 15 Schools441 Students1% Minority
- 8 Schools592 Students15% Minority
- 7 Schools319 Students4% Minority
- 23 Schools1,871 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools326 Students4% Minority
- 49 Schools4,176 Students9% Minority
- 2 Schools39 Students12% Minority
- 58 Schools5,371 Students12% Minority
August 19, 2018
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.
August 16, 2018
If you have been teaching for a few years, chances are that you will need to consider rebranding yourself.
July 24, 2018
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.