Top Pennsylvania Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2,183 top private schools in Pennsylvania, serving 287,573 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,044 for elementary schools and $15,493 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 86% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
The Haverford School Photo - Seniors continue the tradition of escorting kindergarten students through the Walk of Virtues to The Haverford School's opening day assembly.
The Waldorf School of Philadelphia Photo - The Waldorf School of Philadelphia is a nursery through 8th grade school located in the heart of Germantown. We are a school that adheres to a unique and time-tested curriculum and our students are free to learn without the pressure and stress of standardized testing.
AIM Academy Photo - MEETING LEARNING CHALLENGES WITH SCIENCE & LOVE: AT AIMAcademy, we recognize that children who learn differently need to be taught differently - and that's exactly what we do. Our passionately committed, highly-trained faculty employ techniques proven effective, and the results are remarkable. Each day we witness young people who doubted themselves in every way discover the gift of fearless learning.
Sacred Heart School Photo - Students enjoy our new STEM lab with Promethean technology and 1:1 chrome books! Middle school students have a double period STEM block every week.
The Phelps School Photo - Founded in 1946, The Phelps School is dedicated to the personalized education for the boy who seeks success academically, personally and socially. Our first obligation is to create a caring, sensitive climate which emphasizes the positive in every situation.
Delaware Valley Friends School Photo - Delaware Valley Friends School is a national leader in the field of educating students (grades 3-12) with dyslexia, dysgraphia, executive function disorders, ADHD, and other learning differences located in the Philadelphia area.
Top Pennsylvania Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 16 Schools1,716 Students8% Minority
- 198 Schools28,222 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools464 Students2% Minority
- 14 Schools1,840 Students10% Minority
- 8 Schools336 Students5% Minority
- 72 Schools7,315 Students28% Minority
- 21 Schools2,412 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools412 Students4% Minority
- 143 Schools18,121 Students17% Minority
- 31 Schools4,752 Students15% Minority
- 16 Schools2,691 Students6% Minority
- 6 Schools385 Students16% Minority
- 23 Schools1,880 Students9% Minority
- 124 Schools15,093 Students13% Minority
- 8 Schools298 Students9% Minority
- 14 Schools1,146 Students3% Minority
- 8 Schools286 Students3% Minority
- 8 Schools660 Students7% Minority
- 22 Schools1,232 Students11% Minority
- 43 Schools4,150 Students14% Minority
- 52 Schools8,174 Students33% Minority
- 138 Schools22,806 Students26% Minority
- 6 Schools1,100 Students1% Minority
- 38 Schools6,925 Students14% Minority
- 13 Schools1,438 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools106 Students41% Minority
- 29 Schools2,696 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools93 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools73 Students2% Minority
- 4 Schools230 Students4% Minority
- 16 Schools740 Students15% Minority
- 13 Schools498 Students2% Minority
- 10 Schools471 Students3% Minority
- 38 Schools4,947 Students8% Minority
- 143 Schools12,402 Students10% Minority
- 5 Schools384 Students4% Minority
- 19 Schools1,607 Students7% Minority
- 47 Schools8,524 Students25% Minority
- 40 Schools5,668 Students9% Minority
- 10 Schools811 Students9% Minority
- 6 Schools449 Students4% Minority
- 18 Schools1,197 Students8% Minority
- 16 Schools843 Students5% Minority
- 11 Schools1,116 Students36% Minority
- 228 Schools38,084 Students17% Minority
- 4 Schools193 Students9% Minority
- 37 Schools5,842 Students19% Minority
- 13 Schools1,556 Students5% Minority
- 7 Schools237 Students- Minority
- 234 Schools48,920 Students46% Minority
- 1 Schools50 Students15% Minority
- 3 Schools38 Students9% Minority
- 13 Schools1,734 Students38% Minority
- 13 Schools485 Students3% Minority
- 7 Schools273 Students13% Minority
- 5 Schools368 Students7% Minority
- 15 Schools441 Students1% Minority
- 8 Schools614 Students15% Minority
- 7 Schools319 Students4% Minority
- 23 Schools1,868 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools326 Students4% Minority
- 48 Schools4,161 Students9% Minority
- 2 Schools39 Students12% Minority
- 58 Schools5,407 Students12% Minority
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.