Top Pennsylvania Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2,155 top private schools in Pennsylvania, serving 285,928 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,072 for elementary schools and $15,673 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 86% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
The Waldorf School of Philadelphia Photo - The Waldorf School of Philadelphia is a nursery through 8th grade school located in the heart of Germantown. We are a school that adheres to a unique and time-tested curriculum and our students are free to learn without the pressure and stress of standardized testing.
Sacred Heart School Photo - Students enjoy our new STEM lab with Promethean technology and 1:1 chrome books! Middle school students have a double period STEM block every week.
The Ellis School Photo - Girls lead the way in every subject area, in every sport, in every club at Ellis.
AIM Academy Photo - MEETING LEARNING CHALLENGES WITH SCIENCE & LOVE: AT AIMAcademy, we recognize that children who learn differently need to be taught differently - and that's exactly what we do. Our passionately committed, highly-trained faculty employ techniques proven effective, and the results are remarkable. Each day we witness young people who doubted themselves in every way discover the gift of fearless learning.
Germantown Academy Photo - Germantown Academy's Alter Middle School and McNeil Upper School at night.
The Phelps School Photo - Founded in 1946, The Phelps School is dedicated to the personalized education for the boy who seeks success academically, personally and socially. Our first obligation is to create a caring, sensitive climate which emphasizes the positive in every situation.
Delaware Valley Friends School Photo - The ABLE (Adventure Based Learning Experiences) program is a hands-on, outdoor experiential education program where students learn important life skills such as teamwork, problem solving and decision making.
St. Aloysius Academy Photo - St. Aloysius Academy, sponsored by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, instills a spirit of love, creative hope and fidelity. In the spirit of our Jesuit patron, the boys live the Magis - they are men for others. They participate in daily prayer, the Angelus, monthly Mass, Rosary Walk, Live Nativity and Live Stations of the Cross.
Top Pennsylvania Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 15 Schools1,694 Students8% Minority
- 197 Schools28,214 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools464 Students2% Minority
- 12 Schools1,805 Students9% Minority
- 8 Schools347 Students5% Minority
- 72 Schools7,319 Students28% Minority
- 20 Schools2,388 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools412 Students4% Minority
- 141 Schools18,045 Students17% Minority
- 31 Schools4,752 Students15% Minority
- 16 Schools2,691 Students6% Minority
- 6 Schools385 Students16% Minority
- 22 Schools1,877 Students9% Minority
- 124 Schools15,692 Students13% Minority
- 8 Schools298 Students9% Minority
- 14 Schools1,131 Students3% Minority
- 7 Schools246 Students2% Minority
- 8 Schools660 Students7% Minority
- 20 Schools1,185 Students12% Minority
- 43 Schools4,180 Students14% Minority
- 51 Schools8,139 Students33% Minority
- 135 Schools22,724 Students26% Minority
- 6 Schools1,100 Students1% Minority
- 37 Schools6,891 Students13% Minority
- 13 Schools1,432 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools106 Students41% Minority
- 28 Schools2,683 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools93 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools73 Students2% Minority
- 4 Schools230 Students4% Minority
- 16 Schools740 Students15% Minority
- 13 Schools498 Students2% Minority
- 9 Schools444 Students3% Minority
- 37 Schools4,890 Students9% Minority
- 142 Schools12,237 Students10% Minority
- 5 Schools384 Students4% Minority
- 18 Schools1,583 Students7% Minority
- 47 Schools8,664 Students25% Minority
- 40 Schools5,635 Students9% Minority
- 10 Schools811 Students9% Minority
- 6 Schools444 Students4% Minority
- 18 Schools1,197 Students8% Minority
- 16 Schools843 Students5% Minority
- 11 Schools1,116 Students36% Minority
- 230 Schools38,089 Students17% Minority
- 4 Schools193 Students9% Minority
- 37 Schools5,842 Students19% Minority
- 12 Schools1,527 Students5% Minority
- 7 Schools237 Students- Minority
- 235 Schools49,016 Students46% Minority
- 1 Schools50 Students15% Minority
- 3 Schools38 Students9% Minority
- 11 Schools1,455 Students35% Minority
- 10 Schools413 Students4% Minority
- 7 Schools471 Students13% Minority
- 5 Schools368 Students7% Minority
- 15 Schools441 Students1% Minority
- 8 Schools614 Students15% Minority
- 7 Schools319 Students4% Minority
- 22 Schools1,848 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools326 Students4% Minority
- 47 Schools4,098 Students9% Minority
- 2 Schools39 Students12% Minority
- 58 Schools5,326 Students12% Minority
Just starting your search for a private school? Not sure where to look? This hub gathers together articles that will provide some answers and guidance.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.