Top Pennsylvania Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2,213 top private schools in Pennsylvania, serving 290,018 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,088 for elementary schools and $15,235 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 86% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
The Phelps School Photo - Founded in 1946, The Phelps School is dedicated to the personalized education for the boy who seeks success academically, personally and socially. Our first obligation is to create a caring, sensitive climate which emphasizes the positive in every situation.
Sacred Heart School Photo - Students enjoy our new STEM lab with Promethean technology and 1:1 chrome books! Middle school students have a double period STEM block every week.
AIM Academy Photo - MEETING LEARNING CHALLENGES WITH SCIENCE & LOVE: AT AIMAcademy, we recognize that children who learn differently need to be taught differently - and that's exactly what we do. Our passionately committed, highly-trained faculty employ techniques proven effective, and the results are remarkable. Each day we witness young people who doubted themselves in every way discover the gift of fearless learning.
International Christian High School Photo - International Christian High School Graduation at Cairn University.
Delaware Valley Friends School Photo - Delaware Valley Friends School is a national leader in the field of educating students (grades 3-12) with dyslexia, dysgraphia, executive function disorders, ADHD, and other learning differences located in the Philadelphia area.
The Haverford School Photo - The Haverford brotherhood is evident from our boys' first days. Here, Upper School language students teach pre-kindergarten boys to write and speak the numbers 1-5 in Chinese.
St. Aloysius Academy Photo - St. Aloysius Academy, sponsored by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, instills a spirit of love, creative hope and fidelity. In the spirit of our Jesuit patron, the boys live the Magis - they are men for others. They participate in daily prayer, the Angelus, monthly Mass, Rosary Walk, Live Nativity and Live Stations of the Cross.
Delone Catholic High School Photo - Delone Catholic High School has served students in Hanover/Adams and Northern Maryland for over 70 years.
International Montessori Schools At Great Valley Photo - A Pre-Primary child concentrates on a practical life piece of work
Top Pennsylvania Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 16 Schools1,716 Students8% Minority
- 200 Schools28,352 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools472 Students2% Minority
- 14 Schools1,840 Students10% Minority
- 8 Schools324 Students5% Minority
- 73 Schools7,328 Students28% Minority
- 21 Schools2,368 Students12% Minority
- 3 Schools412 Students4% Minority
- 144 Schools18,382 Students17% Minority
- 31 Schools4,230 Students15% Minority
- 16 Schools2,691 Students6% Minority
- 6 Schools385 Students16% Minority
- 25 Schools1,896 Students9% Minority
- 124 Schools15,734 Students13% Minority
- 8 Schools298 Students9% Minority
- 15 Schools1,140 Students4% Minority
- 8 Schools286 Students3% Minority
- 8 Schools660 Students7% Minority
- 23 Schools1,250 Students11% Minority
- 43 Schools4,148 Students14% Minority
- 53 Schools8,157 Students33% Minority
- 143 Schools23,584 Students26% Minority
- 6 Schools1,100 Students1% Minority
- 40 Schools7,029 Students14% Minority
- 13 Schools1,438 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools106 Students41% Minority
- 29 Schools2,697 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools93 Students6% Minority
- 7 Schools219 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools73 Students2% Minority
- 4 Schools230 Students4% Minority
- 16 Schools740 Students15% Minority
- 13 Schools492 Students2% Minority
- 10 Schools471 Students3% Minority
- 38 Schools4,941 Students8% Minority
- 143 Schools12,450 Students10% Minority
- 5 Schools384 Students4% Minority
- 19 Schools1,607 Students7% Minority
- 48 Schools8,320 Students25% Minority
- 40 Schools5,668 Students9% Minority
- 10 Schools811 Students9% Minority
- 6 Schools449 Students4% Minority
- 18 Schools1,197 Students8% Minority
- 16 Schools843 Students5% Minority
- 11 Schools1,116 Students36% Minority
- 229 Schools38,175 Students17% Minority
- 4 Schools193 Students9% Minority
- 37 Schools6,174 Students19% Minority
- 13 Schools1,559 Students5% Minority
- 8 Schools325 Students11% Minority
- 235 Schools49,507 Students47% Minority
- 1 Schools50 Students15% Minority
- 3 Schools38 Students9% Minority
- 13 Schools1,734 Students38% Minority
- 13 Schools485 Students3% Minority
- 7 Schools273 Students13% Minority
- 5 Schools368 Students7% Minority
- 25 Schools2,784 Students12% Minority
- 15 Schools441 Students1% Minority
- 8 Schools592 Students15% Minority
- 7 Schools319 Students4% Minority
- 23 Schools1,876 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools326 Students4% Minority
- 48 Schools4,142 Students9% Minority
- 2 Schools39 Students12% Minority
- 58 Schools5,371 Students12% Minority
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.
A Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) is an organization which provides financial assistance for attendance at private school.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.