The Agnes Irwin School
5.00 (1 review)
- The Agnes Irwin School is a nationally recognized all-girls' independent college preparatory school for PreK-grade 12 that offers a rigorous academic program, coupled with competitive sports and diverse visual and performing arts.
- Agnes Irwin combines current educational thinking and practices with the traditional values of a liberal arts education.
- Our mission is to empower girls to learn, to lead, and to live a legacy.
The Agnes Irwin School places among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||587 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||123 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1330|
|Average ACT score||31|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 4 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$39,250|
|Tuition Notes||Tuitions vary by grade/division, starting at $20,700 for PK and ending with Upper School at $39,750. No additional required fees.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$22,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||A. Randol|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Crew,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Our Center for the Advancement of Girls (C.A.G.) focuses - through research, innovative programming and community engagement - on fostering the development of healthy, influential and fulfilling lives for the next generation of women. The Center`s work encompasses Agnes Irwin's vision for the education of girls in the 21st century - emphasizing four domains of girls` lives that are important to their healthy development: leadership identity, global citizenship, wellness, and 21st century skills such as critical thinking, collaboration and problem solving.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bryn Mawr Grades: PK-12 | 575 students
701 Montgomery Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610)525-2700 2 PK-12
- Bryn Mawr Grades: K-12 | 264 students
480 S Bryn Mawr Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610)527-3915 1.3 K-12
- Villanova Grades: 6-12 | 536 students
560 Sproul Rd
Villanova, PA 19085
(610)687-0650 1.1 6-12
- Merion Station Grades: 9-12 | 483 students
511 Montgomery Ave
Merion Station, PA 19066
(610)664-6655 5.5 9-12
I have a few daughters at this school and am constantly amazed at the warmth and endless support from the faculty. Each teacher goes above and beyond to help educate my girls in the best way possible to their individual needs and learning styles. I see my girls developing into intelligent, kind, mindful, thoughtful and happy girls. I attribute this development to this amazing school.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.