Top Pennsylvania Religiously Affiliated Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 1354 top religiously affiliated private schools in Pennsylvania (63% of all schools), serving 223,449 students.
Sacred Heart School Photo - Students enjoy our new STEM lab with Promethean technology and 1:1 chrome books! Middle school students have a double period STEM block every week.
St. Aloysius Academy Photo - St. Aloysius Academy, sponsored by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, instills a spirit of love, creative hope and fidelity. In the spirit of our Jesuit patron, the boys live the Magis - they are men for others. They participate in daily prayer, the Angelus, monthly Mass, Rosary Walk, Live Nativity and Live Stations of the Cross.
Delaware Valley Friends School Photo - The ABLE (Adventure-Based Learning Experiences) program is a hands-on, outdoor experiential education program where students learn important life skills such as teamwork, problem-solving and decision making.
Academy Of The New Church Secondary Schools Photo - At the Academy of the New Church - an accredited, private, 9th through 12th grade Girls School and Boys School - we prepare students for a principled and useful life in both the natural and spiritual worlds. Through challenging academics and full extracurricular participation, our students enjoy many opportunities to find their balance.
Friends' Central School Photo - Friends' Central School is an independent, coeducational, Quaker, college-preparatory day school for Nursery through grade 12 students. Located on 41 acres across two campuses in Wynnewood, Pa., Friends' Central cultivates the intellectual, spiritual, and ethical promise of students. Since 1845, Friends' Central has been educating for excellence, inspiring tomorrow's leaders, honoring each individual, and encouraging students to peacefully transform the world.
Valley Christian School Photo - Valley Christian School is an early education through 8th grade Christian school, serving NE Philadelphia, Bucks and Montgomery counties. Our caring teachers and robust academics delivered in a safe, nurturing environment, make us the school of choice for over 44 years. Go to vcskids.com for more information and see if we're right for your child's education.
Top Pennsylvania Private Schools by Religious Affiliation (2020)
- Religious Affiliation# Schools# Students% Minority
- 1 Schools48 Students93.75% Minority
- 148 Schools3,696 Students0.49% Minority
- 1 Schools20 Students88.24% Minority
- 14 Schools2,020 Students24.79% Minority
- 75 Schools6,165 Students15.45% Minority
- 12 Schools996 Students9.60% Minority
- 1 Schools23 Students- Minority
- 216 Schools25,678 Students25.29% Minority
- 2 Schools241 Students- Minority
- 6 Schools449 Students31.71% Minority
- 2 Schools77 Students25.37% Minority
- 8 Schools502 Students4.79% Minority
- 11 Schools2,308 Students27.15% Minority
- 10 Schools1,062 Students19.54% Minority
- 29 Schools7,927 Students21.34% Minority
- 2 Schools178 Students- Minority
- 15 Schools1,323 Students84.06% Minority
- 41 Schools4,976 Students2.37% Minority
- 14 Schools1,401 Students27.24% Minority
- 149 Schools10,826 Students9.00% Minority
- 26 Schools2,844 Students11.08% Minority
- 18 Schools1,961 Students10.51% Minority
- 3 Schools333 Students12.20% Minority
- 9 Schools248 Students84.86% Minority
- 11 Schools1,436 Students14.56% Minority
- 512 Schools145,870 Students19.73% Minority
- 18 Schools841 Students78.20% Minority
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.