Top Pennsylvania Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 66 top school membership associations in Pennsylvania, serving 1210 private schools (55% of all schools) and 226,441 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) (33% of schools), Other school association(s) (15% of schools) and National Association for the Education of Young Children (15% of schools).
Delaware Valley Friends School Photo - Delaware Valley Friends School is a national leader in the field of educating students (grades 3-12) with dyslexia, dysgraphia, executive function disorders, ADHD, and other learning differences located in the Philadelphia area.
Sacred Heart School Photo - Students enjoy our new STEM lab with Promethean technology and 1:1 chrome books! Middle school students have a double period STEM block every week.
AIM Academy Photo - MEETING LEARNING CHALLENGES WITH SCIENCE & LOVE: AT AIMAcademy, we recognize that children who learn differently need to be taught differently - and that's exactly what we do. Our passionately committed, highly-trained faculty employ techniques proven effective, and the results are remarkable. Each day we witness young people who doubted themselves in every way discover the gift of fearless learning.
The Phelps School Photo - Founded in 1946, The Phelps School is dedicated to the personalized education for the boy who seeks success academically, personally and socially. Our first obligation is to create a caring, sensitive climate which emphasizes the positive in every situation.
The Waldorf School of Philadelphia Photo - The Waldorf School of Philadelphia is a nursery through 8th grade school located in the heart of Germantown. We are a school that adheres to a unique and time-tested curriculum and our students are free to learn without the pressure and stress of standardized testing.
The Haverford School Photo - Seniors continue the tradition of escorting kindergarten students through the Walk of Virtues to The Haverford School's opening day assembly.
St. Aloysius Academy Photo - St. Aloysius Academy, sponsored by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, instills a spirit of love, creative hope and fidelity. In the spirit of our Jesuit patron, the boys live the Magis - they are men for others. They participate in daily prayer, the Angelus, monthly Mass, Rosary Walk, Live Nativity and Live Stations of the Cross.
The Baldwin School Photo - Baldwin's athletics program seeks to support the mission of the school and to provide an enhanced environment in which each girl can develop. Each student-athlete is challenged to learn new skills, embrace the value of working together, and become empowered to stretch her boundaries and self-expectations.
Top Pennsylvania Private Schools by Membership Association (2019-20)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 44 Schools1,888 Students19.00% Minority
- 1 Schools180 Students2.31% Minority
- 10 Schools5,096 Students19.35% Minority
- 2 Schools94 Students63.01% Minority
- 13 Schools1,164 Students27.18% Minority
- 59 Schools5,298 Students27.19% Minority
- 5 Schools344 Students61.38% Minority
- 149 Schools22,051 Students22.75% Minority
- 6 Schools1,545 Students35.11% Minority
- 6 Schools1,418 Students23.96% Minority
- 11 Schools1,971 Students10.61% Minority
- 39 Schools10,132 Students19.72% Minority
- 1 Schools- Students49.03% Minority
- 5 Schools1,077 Students7.80% Minority
- 7 Schools1,506 Students23.42% Minority
- 5 Schools880 Students52.95% Minority
- 3 Schools691 Students11.54% Minority
- 1 Schools72 Students5.56% Minority
- 12 Schools586 Students24.43% Minority
- 4 Schools376 Students12.24% Minority
- 25 Schools6,350 Students20.15% Minority
- 13 Schools515 Students83.14% Minority
- 5 Schools1,484 Students22.27% Minority
- 1 Schools544 Students7.86% Minority
- 1 Schools977 Students12.96% Minority
- 2 Schools120 Students11.11% Minority
- 7 Schools681 Students86.46% Minority
- 2 Schools2,134 Students15.94% Minority
- 3 Schools460 Students23.85% Minority
- 1 Schools375 Students3.99% Minority
- 16 Schools3,060 Students17.01% Minority
- 126 Schools37,600 Students19.33% Minority
- 1 Schools298 Students26.06% Minority
- 181 Schools13,687 Students26.35% Minority
- 1 Schools364 Students21.95% Minority
- 10 Schools1,122 Students51.49% Minority
- 105 Schools33,374 Students21.16% Minority
- 6 Schools950 Students26.30% Minority
- 8 Schools864 Students19.11% Minority
- 5 Schools1,629 Students27.08% Minority
- 400 Schools118,045 Students18.40% Minority
- 2 Schools424 Students12.50% Minority
- 1 Schools229 Students0.80% Minority
- 11 Schools2,934 Students26.48% Minority
- 2 Schools155 Students11.34% Minority
- 11 Schools793 Students32.91% Minority
- 1 Schools282 Students4.88% Minority
- 4 Schools722 Students17.28% Minority
- 3 Schools451 Students3.48% Minority
- 1 Schools- Students7.38% Minority
- 1 Schools305 Students64.71% Minority
- 2 Schools349 Students54.90% Minority
- 1 Schools285 Students7.74% Minority
- 1 Schools90 Students- Minority
- 15 Schools1,767 Students47.24% Minority
- 24 Schools1,704 Students63.13% Minority
- 96 Schools11,480 Students19.71% Minority
- 186 Schools35,329 Students19.82% Minority
- 54 Schools6,954 Students19.77% Minority
- 77 Schools23,266 Students18.87% Minority
- 4 Schools488 Students11.06% Minority
- 2 Schools400 Students22.28% Minority
- 30 Schools6,354 Students25.57% Minority
- 13 Schools6,356 Students37.92% Minority
- 3 Schools392 Students0.32% Minority
- 3 Schools556 Students11.78% Minority
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.