Top Pennsylvania Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2021 school year, there are 66 top school membership associations in Pennsylvania, serving 1203 private schools (55% of all schools) and 220,598 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) (32% of schools), Other school association(s) (16% of schools) and National Association for the Education of Young Children (15% of schools).
Germantown Academy Photo - Second grade students research various species in the Wissahickon Creek, which runs through the heart of GA's campus.
St. Aloysius Academy Photo - St. Aloysius Academy has a dedicated, robust program of leadership and service. The students are dedicated to our PAWS program - Peace, Awareness, Witness and Service as seen in the daily recitation of the PAWS Pledge when they promise to "respect and enjoy each other's differences and talents." The Leadership Council plans many service projects for all to participate.
AIM Academy Photo - MEETING LEARNING CHALLENGES WITH SCIENCE & LOVE: AT AIMAcademy, we recognize that children who learn differently need to be taught differently - and that's exactly what we do. Our passionately committed, highly-trained faculty employ techniques proven effective, and the results are remarkable. Each day we witness young people who doubted themselves in every way discover the gift of fearless learning.
The Waldorf School of Philadelphia Photo - The Waldorf School of Philadelphia is a nursery through 8th grade school located in the heart of Germantown. We are a school that adheres to a unique and time-tested curriculum and our students are free to learn without the pressure and stress of standardized testing.
Delaware Valley Friends School Photo - Delaware Valley Friends School is a national leader in the field of educating students (grades 1-12) with dyslexia, dysgraphia, executive function disorders, ADHD, and other learning differences located in the Philadelphia area.
Upland Country Day School Photo - Upland began the first international exchange program at the middle school level in the country. Each year, two or more students from Turku, Finland spend their ninth grade year at Upland and Upland 8th and 9th graders travel to Finland and Germany or England to play hockey or lacrosse, experience the culture and take part in a tradition that dates back more than 35 years.
Top Pennsylvania Private Schools by Membership Association (2021)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 44 Schools1,979 Students27.21% Minority
- 1 Schools180 Students2.31% Minority
- 10 Schools4,230 Students28.65% Minority
- 2 Schools100 Students79.10% Minority
- 10 Schools1,049 Students22.27% Minority
- 59 Schools5,265 Students30.18% Minority
- 8 Schools392 Students8.71% Minority
- 142 Schools21,135 Students24.43% Minority
- 6 Schools1,582 Students49.70% Minority
- 6 Schools1,387 Students22.61% Minority
- 10 Schools1,893 Students15.14% Minority
- 41 Schools10,491 Students20.68% Minority
- 1 Schools- Students49.03% Minority
- 5 Schools983 Students10.61% Minority
- 1 Schools68 Students- Minority
- 6 Schools1,491 Students30.72% Minority
- 2 Schools222 Students10.91% Minority
- 1 Schools72 Students5.56% Minority
- 12 Schools586 Students24.43% Minority
- 3 Schools311 Students- Minority
- 26 Schools6,679 Students20.50% Minority
- 13 Schools503 Students82.75% Minority
- 4 Schools1,484 Students16.95% Minority
- 2 Schools908 Students13.59% Minority
- 1 Schools977 Students12.96% Minority
- 2 Schools120 Students11.11% Minority
- 6 Schools565 Students85.81% Minority
- 2 Schools2,131 Students16.30% Minority
- 3 Schools487 Students29.47% Minority
- 1 Schools375 Students3.99% Minority
- 16 Schools2,977 Students24.30% Minority
- 126 Schools36,769 Students19.43% Minority
- 1 Schools255 Students26.28% Minority
- 7 Schools2,280 Students17.44% Minority
- 183 Schools14,461 Students27.34% Minority
- 1 Schools364 Students21.95% Minority
- 10 Schools1,060 Students50.65% Minority
- 107 Schools33,671 Students21.25% Minority
- 6 Schools891 Students27.09% Minority
- 10 Schools915 Students22.01% Minority
- 5 Schools1,582 Students26.99% Minority
- 389 Schools112,172 Students19.43% Minority
- 2 Schools466 Students12.50% Minority
- 1 Schools217 Students0.80% Minority
- 11 Schools2,798 Students21.09% Minority
- 2 Schools171 Students11.34% Minority
- 11 Schools1,784 Students35.02% Minority
- 1 Schools282 Students4.88% Minority
- 4 Schools735 Students25.77% Minority
- 4 Schools533 Students3.37% Minority
- 1 Schools- Students7.38% Minority
- 1 Schools305 Students64.71% Minority
- 2 Schools331 Students54.67% Minority
- 1 Schools260 Students4.11% Minority
- 15 Schools1,361 Students43.84% Minority
- 23 Schools1,653 Students48.39% Minority
- 104 Schools12,773 Students19.34% Minority
- 188 Schools34,329 Students20.95% Minority
- 56 Schools7,215 Students20.32% Minority
- 81 Schools24,477 Students20.16% Minority
- 3 Schools501 Students17.56% Minority
- 2 Schools342 Students20.06% Minority
- 27 Schools5,977 Students25.59% Minority
- 13 Schools6,358 Students36.23% Minority
- 3 Schools374 Students3.18% Minority
- 3 Schools569 Students11.75% Minority
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.