The Baldwin School
The Baldwin School Photo #2 - Baldwin's athletics program seeks to support the mission of the school and to provide an enhanced environment in which each girl can develop. Each student-athlete is challenged to learn new skills, embrace the value of working together, and become empowered to stretch her boundaries and self-expectations.
The Baldwin School Photo #3 - Throughout the year, Head of School Sally Powell hosts monthly teas in her office for 5th and 8th graders, as well as lunches for the seniors.
The Baldwin School Photo #4 - Each class at Baldwin is designed so that every student's voice is heard. In this trusting atmosphere, active communication and collaboration enhance a shared sense of excitement about learning for faculty and students alike.
The Baldwin School Photo #5 - The Lower School years are a time when children are open to exploring, learning and stretching their intellectual boundaries. In our all-girls environment, we see this natural learning process flourish even more as inhibitions are cast aside, the thirst for knowledge is quenched and the foundations for life-long learning are established.
The Baldwin School Photo #6 - Baldwin encourages each girl to use their time here as an opportunity for growth and discovery; the chance to define their talents and interests, develop confidence as individuals and take on increased responsibility as members of the school community. (Pictured: Baldwin and Haverford Middle Schools' co-production of "A Midsummer Night's Dream")
The Baldwin School, an independent college preparatory school, develops talented girls into confident young women with vision, global understanding, and the competency to make significant and enduring contributions to the world.
The school nurtures our students' passion for intellectual rigor in academics, creativity in the arts and competition in athletics, forming women capable of leading their generation while living balanced lives.
- Top Ranked PA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 575 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
% on Financial Aid
Total Sports Offered
- "From Thinking Girls ...To Accomplished Women" The Mission of The Baldwin SchoolThe Baldwin School, an independent college preparatory school, develops talented girls into confident young women with vision, global understanding, and the competency to make significant and enduring contributions to the world. The school nurtures our students` passion for intellectual rigor in academics, creativity in the arts and competition in athletics, forming women capable of leading their generation while living balanced lives. The Baldwin School PhilosophyThe Baldwin School is a college preparatory, independent day school, Pre-Kindergarten through Grade XII, dedicated to a tradition of excellence in education for girls and young women. Each girl is encouraged to develop scholarship, leadership, and citizenship within a supportive community that emphasizes intellectual rigor, ethical integrity, and independence of thought and action. In a trusting atmosphere, active communication and collaboration enhance a shared sense of excitement about teaching and learning. Faculty and staff develop close relationships with students, helping each girl to achieve her potential. A broad liberal arts curriculum is the basis for all scholarly discoveries. Strong offerings in the arts encourage students to develop their individual talents. Through our athletic program, girls learn the value of resilience, fitness, teamwork, and pride. In the classroom, on the playing field, in the studio, and on the stage, each girl has the opportunity to acquire the confidence, leadership, and sense of responsibility she needs to be a thoughtful and constructive contributor to society. We believe that academic excellence begins with the ability to think logically, independently, and imaginatively. A delight in ideas, a sense of curiosity and humor, and a commitment to honoring the dignity of others are among Baldwin's highest values. We strive to foster an awareness of self and recognition of other perspectives as well as the knowledge and technical skills each girl will need to meet the challenges of our widening and fast-changing world. The Baldwin community has a long history of being open to differences, and as we continue to grow in diversity, it is our hope that our students approach life with the principles of justice, fairness, and equity foremost in their minds and hearts. Ultimately, Baldwin aspires to cultivate in its students the desire to remain learners throughout their lives, the compassion to extend themselves to others, and the strength of character to act on their beliefs.Learn more: Fast Facts
Endorse The Baldwin School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
5 Ways To Protect Your Child From Bullying
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
Questions! Questions! Questions!
If you are beginning to think about sending your child to private school, you probably have a lot of questions. Here are some answers to your more common questions.
May 25, 2022Marketing Your School: Welcoming New Students
Why is welcoming students so important? Because it makes new students and their families feel that they are part of the school community from Day 1. More about this valuable marketing tool here.