- At Germantown Academy, our mission is to educate our students to become good citizens and productive leaders in a global society.
- To achieve this mission, we provide a rigorous and exciting academic experience for students enrolled in Pre–Kindergarten through 12th grade, a diverse community of families and teachers who come from a supportive communal experience built upon the philosophic underpinnings of trust, responsibility, and kindness.
- Our standards are high for intellectual, athletic, and artistic achievement as well as for the quality of interaction we expect to occur between individuals.
- We help our students discover and refine their talents, then encourage them to use their gifts in the service of others.
- Our goal is to have our graduates leave the Academy as confident, independent young people ready to face the challenges presented by higher education and the professional world beyond.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1109 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||123 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Lower School students have full dress code; Middle and Upper School students have GA Gear)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Winter Track,
- A Foundation for Life
- Germantown Academy is a place that inspires. Students develop a love of learning beginning with the first day of PreK that continues through the final day of 12th grade and beyond. Our dedicated faculty and staff embrace students’ innate curiosity and encourage them to build upon their natural strengths while challenging them to expand their knowledge through a multitude of learning experiences. This is our promise to our students, and it becomes their Foundation for Life.For more than 250 years, students at Germantown Academy have been encouraged to follow their passions. The cumulative result is an exceptional academic, artistic, athletic, and social experience that creates successful, well-educated, ethical young people who believe they can make a difference in the world.Germantown Academy is a place of innovation. We are at the forefront of important initiatives such as 21st century curriculum development, language instruction, and international relationships. If a new program or idea provides an opportunity for our students, we will explore it.With talented and caring faculty, honest and curious students, and a beautiful environment, Germantown Academy is where your child can become his or her best self.
Profile last updated: 07/24/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
JenkintownGrades: NS-12 | 568 students
575 Washington Ln
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Bryn MawrGrades: PK-12 | 560 students
701 Montgomery Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Plymouth MeetingGrades: NS-6 | 137 students
2150 Butler Pike
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
WayneGrades: 9-12 | 888 students
211 Matsonford Road
Wayne, PA 19087
NorristownGrades: NS-8 | 237 students
50 West Germantown Pike
Norristown, PA 19401
When I was looking for a school for my 5 year old BOY, I was stumped until I walked onto GA's campus. The tour, the teacher, and the admissions personnel were all fabulous. My son was unable to read or understand the alphabet sounds, but socially he was fantastic. They have worked with him to achieve his main goal of being academically confident and I can say now being in 3rd grade he is proficient in ready and is loving GA! We have found a home.
- Posted by Parent - cthow