Academy-notre Dame De Namur
- The Academy of Notre Dame de Namur, a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school, commits itself to the education of young women of grades 6 through 12 for responsible living in a global society.
- The Academy, rooted in the faith tradition of the Catholic Church, and the charism of Saint Julie Billiart, provides its students a challenging academic curriculum within a rich spiritual community in order to inspire them to live the prophetic nature of the gospel, with a passion for justice and love for the poor, enable them to develop the skills and desire necessary for life-long learning, and empower them to be honorable, compassionate leaders.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||536 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bryn Mawr Grades: K-12 | 264 students
480 S Bryn Mawr Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610)527-3915 1.5 K-12
- Bryn Mawr Grades: PK-12 | 575 students
701 Montgomery Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610)525-2700 3 PK-12
- Merion Station Grades: 9-12 | 483 students
511 Montgomery Ave
Merion Station, PA 19066
(610)664-6655 6.5 9-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.