Villa Maria Academy High School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (610) 644-2551
- Villa Maria is a school with an abiding faith in the power of women to effect good at every level of society.
- Young women are respected; their talents are appreciated and nurtured.
- They find here the freedom to be themselves, to develop self-confidence, to assume leadership roles, and to dream great dreams about their futures.
- Villa Maria graduates have been earning respect and recognition for decades as competent professionals and committed Christians of the highest moral and ethical standards.
- In addition to studying a challenging curriculum, life after the bell is filled with practices and car pools, visits to nursing homes and planning dances.
- Students experience the joy of camaraderie and friendship and the satisfaction that comes from winning state championships, performing in the concert, or participating in services projects. Villa Maria graduates earn admission to some of the finest colleges and universities all across the country.
- Each year 100% of our graduates earn acceptances to these colleges and return to Villa to attest to their readiness for college work.
Villa Maria Academy High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- AP Courses Most AP courses offered
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Coalition of Girls
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||23 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science A, Computer Science Principles, English Language & Composition, English Literature, French Language and Culture, Latin, Music Theory, Physics 1, Physics C: Electricity & Magnetism, Physics C: Mechanics, Psychology, Spanish Language & Culture, Statistics, Studio Art 2 Dimensional, Studio Art Drawing, U.S. Government, U.S. History, World History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform skirt, blouse, and sweater or sweatshirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 11|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,300|
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Gentleman Rose|
|Admissions Associate||Katie Vida|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBasketball, Cheering,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Athletic and Spirit Association, Diversity Equity and Inclusion Committee, French Honor Society, Literary Magazine, Mathematics Honor Society, Mock Trial, National Honor Society, Newspaper, PA Math League, Peer Ministry, Quill and Scroll Honor Society, Respect Life Club, Spanish Honor Society, Speak Up, Student Council, Student Integrity Committee, Tech Club, Tri-M International Music Honor Society, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Concert Chorus, Handbell Choir, Light and Sound Crew, Madrigal Singers, Marian Masques, Music Ministry, Orchestra, String Ensemble
- Villa Maria students pursue a course of study that continually reinforces acquisition of knowledge at the highest levels, with a mind toward preparation for a learning terrain that is defined by tomorrow`s limitless growth of technology and innovation.
- As Villa Maria Academy approaches its sesquicentennial in 2022, the Academic program looks to ensure a premium 21st Century educational experience that produces women who are equal parts analytical and empathic.
- Coursework at every level of instruction requires a learner who can think and work both independently and collaboratively.The Academic Catalog is arranged to equip the student with the competence and skills necessary to support learning throughout life. In addition to rigorous coursework in a core canon of subjects Theology, English, Mathematics, Science, World Language, Social Studies, Fine Arts, Technology, Physical Education and Health & Wellness Villa Maria students are exposed to authentic experiences, like the Senior Capstone Project, that define the broadest application of their learning and research skills.
- Academics are enhanced by annual retreats, Service Learning, and Global Travel Opportunities, which are woven organically throughout the curriculum.Partnership with our parent stakeholders is considered vital to the success of our students.
- Parent education opportunities are offered throughout the year with noted researchers and authors. Participation in these programs enables families to better support their daughters in meeting the goal of a Villa Maria Academy High School education, which is to become a confident, faith-filled, college-ready and independent woman.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Villanova Grades: 6-12 | 536 students
560 Sproul Rd
Villanova, PA 19085
(610) 687-0650 7.1 6-12
- Bryn Mawr Grades: PK-12 | 575 students
701 Montgomery Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610) 525-2700 10.1 PK-12
- Merion Station Grades: 9-12 | 438 students
511 Montgomery Ave
Merion Station, PA 19066
(610) 664-6655 13.6 9-12
- Gwynedd Valley Grades: 9-12 | 375 students
1345 Sumneytown Pike
Gwynedd Valley, PA 19437
(215) 646-8815 15.5 9-12
Our family has been absolutely thrilled with our decision to send our two girls to Villa Maria! They both have very different personalities, yet it is the perfect fit for each. There is a strong emphasis on incorporating technology into the classroom and projects. We LOVE the sports programs available at Villa! The coaching and competition has been terrific. Being able to play on a school team also made the transition to a new school very smooth for my middle schooler. Overall it's great school, awesome teachers, great sports, perfect combination of faith and education!
- Posted by Parent - jthd8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?