Sacred Heart Academy
- Country Day School of the Sacred Heart is a selective, Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for girls, grades Pre-K - 12.
- Founded in 1865 by the Religious of the Sacred Heart, the school has been lay-owned and governed since 1969.
- Sacred Heart has a strong tradition of excellence in education as envisioned by St. Madeleine Sophie Barat.
- Schools of the Sacred Heart commit themselves to educate to a personal and active faith in God; a deep respect for intellectual values; a social awareness which impels to action; the building of community as a Christian value; and personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom.
- For more than four generations, the goals of Sacred Heart's educational program have remained the same: to produce self-confident women, to provide a rigorous, relevant education, to develop a love of God, and to create a desire to help others.
- A holistic approach to learning seeks to respond to the academic, aesthetic, athletic, spiritual, social, and emotional needs of each girl.
- Sacred Heart offers a traditional approach to education taught in contemporary ways.
- We will be celebrating educating girls for 150 years during the 2015-2016 school year!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||301 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB/BC, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP Studio Art, AP US History, Honors Courses offered in all disciplines 9-12, Honors Organic Chemistry,|
|Average SAT score||1270|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Full Kindergarten $12,500 Lower School $13,900 Middle School $15,450 Upper School $17,900|
|Admissions Director||Mary Lee FItzPatrick|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBasketball, Crew,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Community Service, Drama Club, Literary Magazine, Mathletes, Model United Nations, National Honor Society, Public Speaking, Student Government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
- Offering a blend of rigorous academics, comprehensive electives, performing arts and athletics, including ten PIAA varsity sports, students have the opportunity to engage in all facets of a vibrant education. Upper School students are offered AP courses, integrated humanities and STEM curricula, Diocesan Scholars program, leading-edge technology, leadership development, summer international travel, and meaningfull community service opportunities. A member of a network of more than 140 Sacred Heart schools in the US and abroad, students benefit from network exchange programs committed to educating the whole student, both academically and spritually. Young women are empowered to extend their critical thinking and experience self-awareness and resiliance in a global community.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bryn MawrGrades: PK-12 | 606 students
275 S Ithan Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
- VillanovaGrades: 6-12 | 516 students
560 Sproul Rd
Villanova, PA 19085
- Bryn MawrGrades: PK-12 | 560 students
701 Montgomery Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
- Newtown SquareGrades: PK-12 | 835 students
462 Malin Rd
Newtown Square, PA 19073
- Bryn MawrGrades: PK-12
814 Yarrow Street
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010