Sacred Heart Academy
Tel: (610) 527-3915
Sacred Heart Academy Photo #2 - The school educates to five Goals and their Criteria. Capturing the essence of a Sacred Heart education, the Goals and Criteria embody pedagogical principles that have endured while the context of the world within which they operate has changed.
Sacred Heart Academy Photo #3 - A Sacred Heart Education allows a girl to express herself freely and to develop her own interests. She graduates with a self-confidence that grows from lively, informed discussions in an all-girls classroom, numerous opportunities to take the lead, and involvement in sports, theater and clubs.
Sacred Heart Academy Photo #4 - Sacred Heart Academy is built on a tradition of excellence. The school community celebrates over 60 special traditions or events together building a strong foundation for culture and climate among students of all grade levels. After graduation, Sacred Heart students join a world-wide (50K+) community of alumnae and alumni around the world.
Sacred Heart Academy Photo #5 - An empowering all-girls environment with over 150 years of experience educating curious young women who blossom into creative, confident and open-minded leaders.
Sacred Heart Academy Photo #6 - In a small-by-design academic and religiously diverse community, Sacred Heart Academy focuses on spiritual values and the individual student as she becomes a young woman of confidence and advocates for herself.
Sacred Heart Academy Photo #7 - Challenging & loving community promotes joyful learning, self-expression & confidence.
- Established in 1865, Sacred Heart Academy Bryn Mawr is an independent, Catholic, all-girls, K-12 school on the Main Line. Proud member of the International Network of Sacred Heart Schools.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB/BC, AP Comparative Government and Politcs, AP English Language, AP English Language, AP European History, AP Macro, AP Micro, AP Psychology, AP Studio Art, Calculus AB, Computer Science, Honors Courses offered in all disciplines 9-12, Honors Organic Chemistry|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Upper School (9-12) $21320 Middle School (5-8) $17200 Lower School (1-4) $14730 Kindergarten $12875|
|Admissions Director||Tammy Hart|
|Admissions Associate||Lauren Deets|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Crew,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Clubs, Chez Nous Literary Club, Community Service, Drama Club, Girls in Science, Guitar Lessons, Knitting Club, Literary Magazine, Mathletes, Model United Nations, Multicultural Club, National Honor Society, Piano Lessons, Public Speaking, Science Bowl, Science Club, STEM Activities, Student Government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Ensemble, Guitar Club, Piano Lab, Spring Musical, Ukulele Club
- Founded in 1865 by the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the school has been lay-owned and governed since 1969. Sacred Heart has a strong tradition of excellence in education as envisioned by St. Madeleine Sophie Barat. Sacred Heart Academy, known as SHA, is part of a national network of 24 independent schools located in the US and Canada which share a common heritage and vision. There are more than 140 Sacred Heart schools around the world providing an international campus for our students at Bryn Mawr through exchange programs, summer workshops, service opportunities and use of the Sofie Network. For more than 150 years in Philadelphia, the goals of Sacred Heart`s educational program have remained the same: to produce self-confident women, to provide a challenging intellectual education, to develop a love of God, and to create a desire to help others. A holistic approach to learning seeks to respond to the academic, athletic, aesthetic, spiritual, social, and emotional needs of each girl with a curriculum that is well-grounded in basic and specialized courses. Sacred Heart is a Catholic school with a tradition of ecumenism, welcoming the enrichment that students and faculty of all faiths offer. By its religious education program, the school seeks to foster open-mindedness and reverence for differences. In 1978, Sacred Heart moved from Overbrook to Bryn Mawr where it continues to root its academic program in the liberal arts and to empower young women to develop their potential as scholars and leaders.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Villanova Grades: 6-12 | 536 students
560 Sproul Rd
Villanova, PA 19085
(610) 687-0650 1.5 6-12
- Bryn Mawr Grades: PK-12 | 575 students
701 Montgomery Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610) 525-2700 1.9 PK-12
- Newtown Square Grades: PK-12 | 707 students
462 Malin Rd
Newtown Square, PA 19073
(610) 353-6522 2.1 PK-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.