The West Hill School (Preschool)
Tel: (610) 525-7660
The West Hill School offers pre-school age children a safe and nurturing environment that encourages a life-long celebration of learning.
Through our rich and varied curriculum, balanced with play and multisensory academic instruction, the children explore and satisfy their curiosities while developing their cognitive, social/emotional, and physical skills.
Children experience and practice the self-regulation skills of careful listening and focus and attention that promote school readiness.
Through activities that reinforce the development of empathy and emotion management, children learn to build friendships and successful interpersonal relationships.
It is our goal that each child progresses to kindergarten with the tools to achieve a balanced education that promotes self-confidence, joy of discovery, pride in accomplishment, and respect for differences in our school, our community, and our world.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||67 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Michelle Fleitas|
- You can have a full day experience for your child from 8am to 3:00 pm by enrolling your child in our Early Morning and Enrichment programs.
- Main Program: 8:45-11:45am (Our youngest children (Green Group) attend three mornings a week, while older children (Red, Blue, and Yellow Prekindergarten Groups) attend five mornings a week. All students must be toilet trained before the start of the school year.)
- 3 Day Green Group: Monday, Wednesday, Friday (Age: 2 years 7 months at the start of the school year)
- 5 Day Red Group: (Age: Turning 3 after the start of school)
- 5 Day Blue Group: (Age: 3 at the start of school)
- 5 Day Yellow Group: (Age: PreKindergarten)
- Optional Programs:
- In addition to our morning program, we offer the following optional programs:
- Early Morning Arrival: 8:00a.m. 8:45 a.m.
- Children`s Lunch: 11:45 a.m. 1:00 p.m.
- Afternoon Enrichment: 11:45 a.m. 3:00 p.m.
- The West Hill School curriculum consists of a carefully designed program with age appropriate learning activities that challenge the intellect and stimulate creativity. Learning through a well-planned balance of play and formalized instruction, the children actively explore and satisfy their curiosities while developing a fund of knowledge and socialization skills. An emphasis on empathy and respect for others fosters and provides the foundation necessary for building successful interpersonal relationships.The West Hill experience is one in which students are encouraged to practice self-discipline and assimilate the skills of careful listening, focused observation and independent thinking. It is our goal that each West Hill student will progress to kindergarten with self-confidence, curiosity, joy of discovery, pride in accomplishment and a sense of community.
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to The West Hill School (Preschool) is Devereux Foundation - Pennsylvania (1.0 miles away)
The nearest elementary school and preschool is Holy Child School at Rosemont (0.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bryn Mawr Grades: NS-K | 43 students
1029 Wyndon Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610) 526-7913 0.7 NS-K
- Bryn Mawr Grades: PK-7 | 83 students
276 S Bryn Mawr Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610) 520-1482 1 PK-7
- Villanova Grades: K-12 | 57 students
444 Devereux Dr
Villanova, PA 19085
(610) 520-3000 1 K-12
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed schools profoundly. It has affected teaching and activities. We look at these changes and how they impact our lives.