5.00 (6 reviews)
- Center School, a co-educational day school for children ages 6-14, is focused on teaching children with learning disabilities ranging from dyslexia and dysgraphia to ADD, auditory processing and executive function issues using proven techniques including the well-respected Orton-Gillingham method.
- Now celebrating its 25th anniversary, Center School`s outstanding track record points to improved reading and academics, an enhanced sense of self awareness and a warm, inviting environment for learning.Center School is committed to each child's individual needs and provides ongoing strategies for optimal development both inside and outside the classroom. Center School has gained distinction among private schools in PA by offering a curriculum which fosters each child's maximum development and potential.
- Center School is committed to providing a supportive educational setting for students who have experienced difficulties in learning.
- These children have often established cycles of failure and frustration in prior educational settings, and breaking these cycles is our top priority.
- Center School is dedicated to designing educational programs which foster each child's maximum academic, social, and emotional development.
- Our students benefit from instructional techniques which accommodate their unique learning styles and make the most of their individual strengths.
- Students are encouraged to take risks and not to be intimidated by mistakes or the need to seek assistance.
- The ability to work through difficult situations using positive problem-solving skills enhances student potential in all areas.
- Positive outcomes and meaningful successes are key factors in enhancing self-esteem.
Center School places among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools
Orton Gillingham Academy of Practioners and Educators
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Dysgraphia/ ADD/ Auditory processing / Executive function|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$27,300|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition cost for 2014-15 school year|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
|Admissions Director||Megan Stalker|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, SoftballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||art, digital photography, drama, EarlyAct Rotary|
- The Center School, private school offering students whose achievements have suffered due to lack of reading and language skills or learning differences an opportunity to break old cycles of failure and frustration. Center School has gained distinction among private schools in PA by offering a curriculum which fosters each child's maximum development and potential. Center School is committed to providing a supportive educational setting for students who have experienced difficulties in learning. These children have often established cycles of failure and frustration in prior educational settings, and breaking these cycles is our top priority. Center School is dedicated to designing educational programs which foster each child's maximum academic, social, and emotional development. Our students benefit from instructional techniques which accommodate their unique learning styles and make the most of their individual strengths. Students are encouraged to take risks and not to be intimidated by mistakes or the need to seek assistance. The ability to work through difficult situations using positive problem-solving skills enhances student potential in all areas. Positive outcomes and meaningful successes are key factors in enhancing self-esteem.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Malvern Grades: PK-12 | 265 students
1777 N. Valley Road
Malvern, PA 19355
(610)296-6700 19.9 PK-12
This school saved my granddaughter's educational life. The school did a fantastic job of teaching her how to deal with her learning differences and enabled her to transition back to a more traditional school. The strategies she learned at Center School have enabled her to overcome her learning challenges. Center School is now doing the same with my grandson, who also suffers from Dyslexia. The school is a hidden gem. I would strongly recommend this school to any parent or grandparent with a child with learning differences.
- Posted by Parent - Ed
I am very glad to have sent two children to Center School. It is a remarkable learning institution for kids with some type of learning disability. The faculty is able to break through and teach children how to learn differently. One of our children has transitioned back to a typical school and is thriving with the skill set learned at Center School. The other has just started and is making tremendous strides in his first year there. I strongly recommend this school to any parents whose children are finding it difficult to learn in the conventional school setting.
- Posted by Parent - Proud
Center School has changed my son's life! He is learning, growing and thriving socially, emotionally and academically. I can't express how wonderful and caring all the teachers and staff are in the school and how hard they work to make all the kids a success.
- Posted by Parent - siste
This school was a godsend. It took until our son was finishing 5th grade to really understand he needed to be in a school that knows how to teach to kids with learning disabilities. In our case, ADHD kept my son back in math and reading. In less than a year, we have seen incredible progress. I''d recommend this school to anyone and tell them not to wait another year. The teachers are outstanding and the student body is wonderful.
- Posted by Parent - debbi
One of the best schools out there, I would not be where I am at in life without them
- Posted by Student/Alumni - brend
I am a middle school teacher at Center School. I love the ability to be able to instruct students at their level, thereby giving them exactly what they need. The faculty is committed and dedicated to each and every student.
- Posted by Teacher - mwawr
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.