5.00 (6 reviews)
Tel: (215) 657-2200
- For over 30 years, Center School has served children who struggle with reading, writing and/or math.
- Children come to us with Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, ADHD, Auditory Processing Disorder, and Executive Function Disorder.
- Center School students are bright, capable students with personal strengths and unlimited potential.
- Our success lies in our approach. Our students learn differently, and we discover how they learn and then teach in a way best suited for their individual needs.
- Our admissions team is available to provide virtual or individual meetings at a time that is convenient for you.
- We look forward to beginning this journey with you and ensuring that this process is a meaningful one for you, your child and your family.
Center School places among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
Other school association(s)
Children and Adults with Attention Deficit or Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Dysgraphia/Dyscalculia/ADHD/Speech and Language/Auditory Processing Disorder/Executive Function Disorder|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$1,680|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Virtual program for Summer 2020|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||68 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No uniforms required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$34,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition cost for 2020-2021 school year|
|Admissions Director||Megan Stalker|
|Admissions Associate||Tiffany Getz|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, SoftballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Student Council Association
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Boys Basketball Team, Co-ed Softball Team, Girls Basketball Team, Soccer Team
- A comprehensive academic program is provided for Center School students in first through eighth grade. The curriculum is designed to meet the needs of students and reflect the best of current research. Students receive explicit instruction in academic, organizational, and study skills to provide them with the strategies they need to become independent and confident learners.
- Center School`s curriculum is language-based, recognizing the role that language plays in academic success. Using the Pennsylvania Core Standards as a guideline, full curriculum instruction is offered through a structured, multi-sensory approach based on students` needs and designed to address each child`s learning needs through small group instruction. Curriculum can be adjusted to be taught at an appropriate pace for a student`s individual level of learning.
- The Social-Emotional Learning Curriculum is as integral a part of our program as academics. It upholds our mission and presents students with a clear avenue in which to take full advantage of our academic curriculum. The SEL curriculum is designed to support students` challenges, leverage their strengths and guide students in developing the skills necessary to manage their learning, themselves and their relationships.
- Students receive Wilson instruction every day.
- In Middle School, an advisory system teaches students how to set goals and celebrate their strengths and interests.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Malvern Grades: PK-12 | 265 students
1777 N. Valley Road
Malvern, PA 19355
(610) 296-6700 19.9 PK-12
This school saved my granddaughter's educational life. The school did a fantastic job of teaching her how to deal with her learning differences and enabled her to transition back to a more traditional school. The strategies she learned at Center School have enabled her to overcome her learning challenges. Center School is now doing the same with my grandson, who also suffers from Dyslexia. The school is a hidden gem. I would strongly recommend this school to any parent or grandparent with a child with learning differences.
- Posted by Parent - Ed
I am very glad to have sent two children to Center School. It is a remarkable learning institution for kids with some type of learning disability. The faculty is able to break through and teach children how to learn differently. One of our children has transitioned back to a typical school and is thriving with the skill set learned at Center School. The other has just started and is making tremendous strides in his first year there. I strongly recommend this school to any parents whose children are finding it difficult to learn in the conventional school setting.
- Posted by Parent - Proud
Center School has changed my son's life! He is learning, growing and thriving socially, emotionally and academically. I can't express how wonderful and caring all the teachers and staff are in the school and how hard they work to make all the kids a success.
- Posted by Parent - siste
This school was a godsend. It took until our son was finishing 5th grade to really understand he needed to be in a school that knows how to teach to kids with learning disabilities. In our case, ADHD kept my son back in math and reading. In less than a year, we have seen incredible progress. I''d recommend this school to anyone and tell them not to wait another year. The teachers are outstanding and the student body is wonderful.
- Posted by Parent - debbi
One of the best schools out there, I would not be where I am at in life without them
- Posted by Student/Alumni - brend
I am a middle school teacher at Center School. I love the ability to be able to instruct students at their level, thereby giving them exactly what they need. The faculty is committed and dedicated to each and every student.
- Posted by Teacher - mwawr
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.