Davidson School Elwyn Inc
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The Davidson School is an Approved Private School for students, ages 3 through 21, with special needs.
- Licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, the Davidson School has four locations: Chester, Media, Philadelphia, and West Chester, PA. In addition to academic instruction, students receive special education instruction, physical and occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, psychological and vision services, social skills training, and behavior support.
- The Davidson School provides a highly structured classroom environment with a low student-to-staff ratio.
- Davidson School offers programming for students with: ? Autism Spectrum Disorder ? Communication Difficulties ? Medically Fragile ? Mental Retardation ? Neurological Impairments ? Physical and Cognitive Disabilities ? Sensory Impairments ? Social-Emotional and Behavioral Challenges The Davidson School is committed to meeting the needs of each student by fostering self-determination and independence, as well as by assisting him or her in the transition from early years through school age and from school age to adulthood.
- The members of our professional staff maintain a current certification and/or license issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for their area of expertise.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Intellectual, emotional, developmental and physical disabilities|
|Total Students||305 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Students are referred to the Davidson Schol by their local school district. Please contact your local school district office. The Davidson School serves students from 55 school districts in southeastern Pennsylvania.
Profile last updated: 06/02/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HavertownGrades: 1-8 | 30 students
2000 Old West Chester Pike
Havertown, PA 19083
PhiladelphiaGrades: K-12 | 104 students
1196 East Washington Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19138
PhiladelphiaGrades: KG-12 | 50 students
3380 Byberry Rd
Philadelphia, PA 19154
StraffordGrades: K-12 | 273 students
445 Upper Gulph Road
Strafford, PA 19087
Newtown SquareGrades: K-8 | 76 students
2 Bishop Hollow Rd
Newtown Square, PA 19073
I have worked at the Elwyn Davidson School for 10 years. The staff and administration are all dedicated to the best interest of each student. I would never hesitate to send my child here, knowing they will be cared for and educated in a safe, nurturing environment.
- Posted by Teacher - Happy employee
I am seeking an environment that won't discontinue learning by making my son's main focus a job skill. An environment that aims to learn who the student is and build on the proven strengths.
- Posted by Parent - sabri
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?