Davidson School Elwyn Inc
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The Davidson School is an Approved Private School for students, ages 3 through 21, with special needs.
- Licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, the Davidson School has four locations: Chester, Media, Philadelphia, and West Chester, PA. In addition to academic instruction, students receive special education instruction, physical and occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, psychological and vision services, social skills training, and behavior support.
- The Davidson School provides a highly structured classroom environment with a low student-to-staff ratio.
- Davidson School offers programming for students with: Autism Spectrum Disorder Communication Difficulties Medically Fragile Mental Retardation Neurological Impairments Physical and Cognitive Disabilities Sensory Impairments Social-Emotional and Behavioral Challenges The Davidson School is committed to meeting the needs of each student by fostering self-determination and independence, as well as by assisting him or her in the transition from early years through school age and from school age to adulthood.
- The members of our professional staff maintain a current certification and/or license issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for their area of expertise.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Intellectual, emotional, developmental and physical disabilities|
|Total Students||305 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Students are referred to the Davidson Schol by their local school district. Please contact your local school district office. The Davidson School serves students from 55 school districts in southeastern Pennsylvania.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Havertown Grades: 1-8 | 24 students
2000 Old West Chester Pike
Havertown, PA 19083
(484)454-8700 6.1 1-8
- Philadelphia Grades: NS-12 | 104 students
1196 East Washington Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19138
(215)866-0200 16.3 NS-12
- Media Grades: 1-8 | 184 students
2107 North Providence Road
Media, PA 19063
(610)565-3741 2.4 1-8
- Malvern Grades: PK-12 | 265 students
1777 N. Valley Road
Malvern, PA 19355
(610)296-6700 12 PK-12
I have worked at the Elwyn Davidson School for 10 years. The staff and administration are all dedicated to the best interest of each student. I would never hesitate to send my child here, knowing they will be cared for and educated in a safe, nurturing environment.
- Posted by Teacher - Happy employee
I am seeking an environment that won't discontinue learning by making my son's main focus a job skill. An environment that aims to learn who the student is and build on the proven strengths.
- Posted by Parent - sabri
Choosing the right private school for your child involves comparing schools as opposed to ranking them.
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.