Delaware Valley Friends School
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 1-12
- Enrollment: 220 students
- Yearly Tuition: $39,480
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Adopted policy in Meeting for Business by students, staff and faculty.
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
Aquaponics Club, Black Student Union, Chess Club, Feminist Committee, Gaming Club, Jazz Band, LatinX, SeaPerch Underwater Robotics Team, Tea Club, Yoga Club
Arts and Music Programs:
DV Drummers, DV Rock Band, DV Singers, Musical Productions
- DVFriends is one of the nation`s best schools for bright students who learn differently. The school welcomes students in grades 1 to 12 with learning differences, particularly in reading (dyslexia), writing (dysgraphia), math (dyscalculia), memory (long-term and working), processing speed, ADHD and executive functioning challenges.
- Their purposeful Quaker culture recognizes and honors the inherent worth of all students while nurturing a community that is diverse and inclusive in every way. This philosophy underlies all they do to help students discover and optimize their strengths and celebrate their differences.
- DVFriends is the first school program in PA, DE, and NJ accredited by both IMSLEC and IDA - the leaders in multisensory instruction. It offers a full array of arts, athletics, and extracurricular opportunities and an outstanding adventure learning program for a well-rounded educational experience.
- They have an exceptional track record of preparing students to succeed in college and beyond. A high percentage (98%) of DVFriends graduates apply and choose to attend a broad range of higher education programs, including 4-year colleges and universities, top art and culinary schools, community colleges, and technical institutes.
- The faculty develops authentic partnerships with students and their families to build trust that fosters accountability and yields achievement. Their research-based, multi-sensory teaching techniques empower students to develop effective tools for their unique learning styles. Applying innovation and deep expertise, DVFriends teachers guide students to embrace the courage to try, establish the confidence to reach farther, and build resilience to succeed in school and beyond.
- Located in Paoli, PA, within walking distance of the SEPTA and AMTRAK lines, the school serves students from across the extended Delaware Valley region, including New Jersey and Delaware and sometimes beyond.
Endorse Delaware Valley Friends School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards