- Benchmark School's mission is to help bright students who have yet to reach their potential become confident and strategic thinkers, learners, and problem-solvers who meet with success in school and in life.
- Benchmark believes each student is a unique individual whose potential has not been realized.
- We believe that every child is entitled to a learning environment where there is respect for uniqueness and instruction is designed to build on students' strengths, help address their weaknesses, and develop their potential.
- Thus, the development of self-efficacy, confidence, social skills and motivation for learning are emphasized along with a focus on academic skills.
- The result of all these considerations is that instruction at Benchmark is provided in an environment that is structured and supportive while being intellectually stimulating.
- Benchmark School in Media, PA is not connected in any way to other schools that may use the name "Benchmark School.".
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||dyslexia, executive functioning, language based, learning differences,ADHD, ADD, dysgraphia, dyscalculia|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||181 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki pants or skirt & collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$35200 grades 1- 5 $36500 grades 6-8|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Linda Lattif|
|Admissions Associate||Amy Eads|
|Endowment Size||$9 million|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Field Hockey, Golf, Indoor Soccer, SoccerBasketball, Field Hockey,|
Golf, Indoor Soccer,
- Benchmark believes each student is a unique individual whose potential has not been realized. We believe that every child is entitled to a learning environment where there is respect for uniqueness and instruction is designed to build on students' strengths, help address their weaknesses, and develop their potential. Thus, the development of self-efficacy, confidence, social skills and motivation for learning are emphasized along with a focus on academic skills. The result of all these considerations is that instruction at Benchmark is provided in an environment that is structured and supportive while being intellectually stimulating. Our graduates are prepared to find success in high school, college and beyond, with virtually all of our graduates going on to higher education, attending many of our nation's top colleges and universities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Havertown Grades: 1-8 | 14 students
2000 Old West Chester Pike
Havertown, PA 19083
(484)454-8804 4.1 1-8
- Philadelphia Grades: K-12 | 104 students
1196 East Washington Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19138
(215)866-0200 14.5 K-12
- Bryn Mawr Grades: 5-12 | 73 students
737 S Ithan Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610)527-3230 5.3 5-12
- Media Grades: NS-12 | 305 students
111 Elwyn Road
Media, PA 19063
(610)891-2201 2.4 NS-12
- Paoli Grades: 3-12 | 188 students
19 E Central Ave
Paoli, PA 19301
(610)640-4150 8 3-12
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.