Tel: (610) 565-3741
Why choose Benchmark? When your bright child has a learning difference, you want to be sure that you are choosing an educational home where your child will be understood, supported, and thrive.
At its founding in 1970, Benchmark School was an educational pioneer in supporting children who learn differently, and it remains so today. In our five decades of helping children with learning differences, we have graduated thousands of students who have gone on to thrive educationally and professionally. Our time-tested approach and proven successes are unparalleled.
Benchmark School's mission is to help bright students who have yet to reach their potential become confident and strategic thinkers, learners, and problem-solvers who meet with success in school and in life.
We believe that every child is entitled to a learning environment where there is respect for uniqueness and instruction is designed to build on students' strengths, help address their weaknesses, and develop their potential.
Benchmark develops self-efficacy, confidence, social skills, and motivation for learning along with a focus on academic skills.
Benchmark School places among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||dyslexia, executive functioning, language-based learning differences, ADHD, ADD, dysgraphia, dyscalculia|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||184 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki pants or skirt & collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Grades 1-5: $38,440 Grades 6-8: $39,995 (includes the use of a MacBook for each student)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Megan Wonderland|
|Admissions Associate||Danielle Miller|
|Endowment Size||$9 million|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Field Hockey, Golf, Indoor Soccer, SoccerBasketball, Field Hockey,|
Golf, Indoor Soccer,
- Benchmark believes each student is a unique individual whose potential has not been fully realized.
- We believe that every child is entitled to a learning environment where there is respect for uniqueness and instruction is designed to build on students' strengths, help address their weaknesses, and develop their potential.
- Self-efficacy, confidence, social skills and motivation for learning are emphasized along with a focus on academic skills.
- Instruction at Benchmark is provided in an environment that is structured and supportive while being intellectually stimulating.
- Our graduates are prepared to find success in high school, college and beyond, with virtually all of our graduates going on to higher education, attending many of our nation's top colleges and universities.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Havertown Grades: 1-8 | 24 students
2000 Old West Chester Pike
Havertown, PA 19083
(484) 454-8700 4.1 1-8
- Bryn Mawr Grades: 5-12 | 73 students
737 S Ithan Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610) 527-3230 5.3 5-12
- Malvern Grades: PK-12 | 265 students
1777 N. Valley Road
Malvern, PA 19355
(610) 296-6700 10.1 PK-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.