- Benchmark School's mission is to help bright students who have yet to reach their potential become confident and strategic thinkers, learners, and problem-solvers who meet with success in school and in life.
- Benchmark believes each student is a unique individual whose potential has not been realized.
- We believe that every child is entitled to a learning environment where there is respect for uniqueness and instruction is designed to build on students' strengths, help address their weaknesses, and develop their potential.
- Thus, the development of self-efficacy, confidence, social skills and motivation for learning are emphasized along with a focus on academic skills.
- The result of all these considerations is that instruction at Benchmark is provided in an environment that is structured and supportive while being intellectually stimulating.
- Benchmark School in Media, PA is not connected in any way to other schools that may use the name "Benchmark School.".
Benchmark School places among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||dyslexia, executive functioning, language based, learning differences,ADHD, ADD, dysgraphia, dyscalculia|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||181 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki pants or skirt & collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$35200 grades 1- 5 $36500 grades 6-8|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Linda Lattif|
|Admissions Associate||Amy Eads|
|Endowment Size||$9 million|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Field Hockey, Golf, Indoor Soccer, SoccerBasketball, Field Hockey,|
Golf, Indoor Soccer,
- Benchmark believes each student is a unique individual whose potential has not been realized. We believe that every child is entitled to a learning environment where there is respect for uniqueness and instruction is designed to build on students' strengths, help address their weaknesses, and develop their potential. Thus, the development of self-efficacy, confidence, social skills and motivation for learning are emphasized along with a focus on academic skills. The result of all these considerations is that instruction at Benchmark is provided in an environment that is structured and supportive while being intellectually stimulating. Our graduates are prepared to find success in high school, college and beyond, with virtually all of our graduates going on to higher education, attending many of our nation's top colleges and universities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Havertown Grades: 1-8 | 14 students
2000 Old West Chester Pike
Havertown, PA 19083
(484)454-8804 4.1 1-8
- Bryn Mawr Grades: 5-12 | 73 students
737 S Ithan Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610)527-3230 5.3 5-12
- Malvern Grades: PK-12 | 265 students
1777 N. Valley Road
Malvern, PA 19355
(610)296-6700 10.1 PK-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.