St Mary Magdalen School
Tel: (610) 565-1822
- During the Middle States Self-Study, we, as a faculty, stated the beliefs for St. Mary Magdalen School.
- These are what we believe to be essential for a Catholic education of a child.
- We believe that We provide a Catholic education based on the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church, We support the spiritual and moral needs of our students and share with parents the responsibility for teaching Catholic values, Participation in liturgical services helps to develop a living and active faith, Stewardship opportunities allow the talents and resources of all to be shared with the community, Our parish school serves as a model for the community, Administrators and teachers strive to instill in the students a desire to learn and a joy in the process of learning, St. Mary Magdalen School is an accredited school under the Middle States Commission on Elementary Schools.
- St. Mary Magdalen Parish, are a Catholic, Christian Community committed to the gospel message that Jesus Christ is our Savior.
- Therefore, our mission is to spread the Good News of Salvation.
- We strive to accomplish this mission by welcoming all to be a part of our worshipping community through prayer and the Eucharistic celebration and the other sacraments; witnessing to the Truth in word and deed, by teaching and proclaiming God's Word; loving our brothers and sisters; healing those in need; serving the poor.
- We pray to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit through the intercession of Mary, our Mother and Saint Mary Magdalen, to grace and guide us.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2018|
|Total Students||384 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Havertown Grades: K-9 | 230 students
109 N Manoa Rd
Havertown, PA 19083
(610) 446-9198 5.5 K-9
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
The parent-teacher conference is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child's progress. Make the most of it by preparing yourself both emotionally and intellectually for this special, brief time with your child's teacher.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?