Friends School Haverford
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (610) 642-2334
Friends School Haverford Photo #2 - Our campus is an extension of the classroom and is integrated into the curriculum. It includes vegetable gardens, a greenhouse, composting barrels, and is a certified National Wildlife Habitat and official butterfly way station for migrating Monarchs. Our modern playgrounds feature an outdoor amphitheater, eco-friendly play spaces, and creative equipment.
Friends School Haverford Photo #3 - Our campus is an extension of the classroom and is integrated into the curriculum. It includes vegetable gardens, a greenhouse, composting barrels, and is a certified National Wildlife Habitat and official butterfly way station for migrating Monarchs. Our modern playgrounds feature an outdoor amphitheater, eco-friendly play spaces, and creative equipment.
Friends School Haverford Photo #4 - The Friends School Haverford curriculum is intellectually powerful, beautifully designed, and exquisitely implemented.
Friends School Haverford Photo #5 - The rich sounds of joyful voices and their accompaniment meet you as you near the music room. A multi-cultural, multi-style music program complete with African dance, a drumming group and our unique marimba choir are some of the hallmarks of our program.
Friends School Haverford Photo #6 - Our recording studio is the perfect place to compose and record music and voice tracks. Students learn theory and composition and may choose private lessons in the instrumental program taught by professional musicians.
Friends School Haverford Photo #7 - With electives such as horseback riding, ice skating, fencing, bowling, and mountain biking, Friends School Haverford students enjoy a wide variety of activity options.
Friends School Haverford Photo #8 - Middle school students participate in exciting international travel- and study-adventures.
- Guided by Quaker principles since its founding in 1885, Friends School Haverford provides an intellectually rich program to an intentionally diverse school family.
- We promote academic scholarship, creativity, respect, integrity, and self-awareness with a commitment to creating a culture of stewardship and kindness.
- Friends School Haverford graduates are uniquely prepared to go forth with boldness of intellect and character.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||148 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 8 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,000|
|Tuition Notes||Nursery School, Preschool, Prekindergarten - see tuition schedule Kindergarten - $19,350 First Grade - $19,850 Second Grade - $20,350 Third Grade - $20,850 Fourth Grade - $21,350 Fifth Grade - $21,900 Sixth Grade - $22,400 Seventh Grade - $22,900 Eighth Grade - $23,400|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$12,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lisa Buscaglia|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, SoftballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Animal Architechture, Book Club, Chess, Coding with Kids, Cooking, Crafts and Games, Dance Club, Drama Club, Jewelry Making, Miniature Gaming Design and Play, Nature Explorers, Puppets and Diaramas, Science Club, Story Telling, TORCH (Student Council), Yoga and Meditation
Arts and Music Programs:
Cups and Cocoa (Ceramics), Music Lessons, Song Writing
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Field Hockey, Gymnastics, Soccer
- Friends School Haverford was founded as a co-educational, Quaker, elementary school. The School remains under the care of Haverford Monthly Meeting of Friends (Quakers) and serves nursery school through grade eight.
- Our program is rooted in academic challenge, intellectual vigor, artistic expression, service, and kindness. We encourage children`s curiosity, creativity, and joy of discovery as they grow intellectually, spiritually, physically, and emotionally.
- We foster an atmosphere in which students learn to work independently and in cooperation with others. They are challenged to question, explore, reflect, reason, and communicate effectively.
- Friends School Haverford cultivates a community characterized by diversity in belief, ethnicity, race, and socioeconomic background. We emphasize the Quaker tenets of integrity, service, simplicity, equality, community, peaceful conflict resolution, stewardship, and sustainability.
- Students are encouraged to listen inwardly and to learn to recognize That of God in themselves and others. These shared values are reflected in the daily life of our School and in Meeting for Worship. We teach our students to be contributing members of the community, to grow and to change with flexibility and courage, and to treat others with care and understanding.
- Friends School Haverford graduates possess the intellectual and spiritual skills necessary to envision and create successful and meaningful lives
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Blue Bell Grades: Inquire with school | 61 students
1775 Skippack Pike
Blue Bell, PA 19422
(610) 275-1775 11.1 Inquire with school
Our favorite things about FSH are the teachers and the sense of community for the whole school. Everyone knows my son's name when we walk by to drop him off in the morning and says hello. There are partners from older grades who spend time with the younger classes for projects during the week. Every morning my son wakes up and asks if he gets to go to school today - some evenings too! - and is disappointed if it's not a school day. The teachers are so receptive and gentle with the children, while continuing to begin their love of education and foster good social/emotional skills. We are in regular communication with the teachers and are provided wonderful insights into what the classes are working on each day. The school places an emphasis on allowing kids to play outdoors whenever possible (except for extreme weather), which is one of our favorite things as well. We have loved our experience with FSH.
- Posted by Parent - HeritageHouseParent
We have seen such a significant blossoming effect with our son since being a part of Forest Edge class at Friends School Haverford. We know it is deeply influenced by the intentional ways the teachers validate feelings, model kindness, and respect, encourage resiliency and flexibility, and celebrate individuality. Every day, our son looks forward to going to school and spending the day with his teachers and all his friends. As a parent, it is the most wonderful thing to witness - seeing how happy he is to go to school and seeing his amazing growth as a result of these phenomenal teachers. Lastly, both teachers have been extremely kind to our family. The teachers have always attended to our experience (as parents) and made time to talk to us - both to validate and allay our worries. Friends School Haverford is a phenomenal educational experience and community!
- Posted by Parent - ForestEdgeParent
FSH truly is a unique school that offers a great sense of community, embraces diversity, and emphasizes outdoor experiences. The teachers take the time to really know the children, allowing them to individualize academic experiences so that the students feel supported and challenged. Students learn to think critically and expansively. While academically rigorous, FSH also places a premium on supporting students` social development. Knowing each child well means the teachers can offer just what each one needs to grow into a compassionate, empathic friend and socially-conscious citizen. Teachers at FSH see the best in each child and teach their students to look for that in others. Students graduate from FSH with a strong sense of themselves that fortifies them in the world beyond school. We couldn't be happier with our experience at FSH.
- Posted by Parent - momof2
So nice to be back at school where the whole community knows your children. My 7th-grade daughter rode the bus the first day of school. She hasn't been on the bus for many years for different reasons. When I arrived in the afternoon, Ken, our all-around person to do just about anything, told me he was so surprised to see her get off the bus that morning and that she was looking happy. It made me feel so good that someone had noticed she had taken the bus, reported it to me, and said she looked happy. I love this place! :)
- Posted by Parent - d.r.
The teachers at this school gave my daughter the personal attention she needed to overcome her fear of math and of public speaking. She has developed a passion for politics and for writing. She plays in the school's unique marimba ensemble. She even mustered the bravery to play sports!
- Posted by Parent - b.r.s
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.