- Top Ranked PA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 946 students
- Yearly Tuition: $41,300
- Acceptance rate: 51%
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
The Haverford School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
Academics and Faculty
polo shirt and khaki pants in Lower School; jacket and tie in Middle and Upper School
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Academic Team/Quiz Bowl, Astronomy Club, Athletes Helping Athletes, Business Club, Ceramics Club, Chess Club, Chinese Club, Creative Writing Club, Debate Team, Diplomacy Society, Diversity Alliance, Economics Club, Fantasy Football Club, Film Club, Gay Straight Alliance, Gender Club, Haligoluk (yearbook), Improv Club, Mock Trial, Model UN, Paddle Tennis Club, Pegasus (literary magazine), Philosophy Club, Photography Club, Ping-Pong Club, Poetry Club, Robotics, Software Club, Stage Crew, Student Technology Advisory Group (STAG), Sustainability Alliance, TED Club, The Index (school newspaper), Video Game Club
- "At Haverford, our boys are surrounded by exceptional teachers, talented classmates, and a palpable sense of togetherness. We encourage our students to engage deeply, to step outside their comfort zones routinely, and to develop skills, habits, and mindsets that prepare them to be compassionate leaders. Our graduates leave our campus with a foundation that will allow them to find tremendous success in whatever paths they pursue throughout their lives." - Head of School Tyler Casertano
- Boys' schools enjoy a unique opportunity to help young men reach their full potential: Non-threatening environment for self-expression * Wider range of individual expression * Safe atmosphere in which to explore sensitive gender and sex-related issues * Conducive to intellectual risk-taking * Male development expertise * Faculty experienced in teaching and coaching boys * Instruction tailored to style and tempo of boys' learning * Absence of cross-gender distraction * Heightened focus on academic tasks and learning * Atmosphere of frank, direct communication * Absence of posturing, gender stereotyping * Camaraderie and friendships * Positive male role modeling * Distinctive esprit de corps * Special depth of friendships for life *
- At The Haverford School, boys are talented scholars, artists, and athletes and so much more. Our extraordinary educators challenge and inspire every student, while our best-for-boys programs and facilities empower students to reach their full potential. The Haverford School is committed to creating young men of character with the confidence to lead, the resilience to endure setbacks, and the empathy to understand and contribute to their world.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Haverford School cost?
What is the acceptance rate of The Haverford School?
What sports does The Haverford School offer?
What is The Haverford School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for The Haverford School?
Endorse The Haverford School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards