Devon Preparatory School
- Devon Preparatory School is a private, Catholic, college prep school, grades six to twelve, focused on the holistic education of young men for life.
- Devon Preparatory School is singularly focused on preparing young men not just for college, but for the entirety of their lives.
- By operating our school at the speed, intensity, and standards of real life, our young men are well-positioned to succeed and be leaders for their lives and callings beyond Devon Prep.
Devon Preparatory School places among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
National Catholic Education Association
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||294 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||American History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Comparative Government, Computer Science, Computer Science Principle, Economics, Environmental Sciences, European History, French, German, Human Geography, Language & Composition, Literature and Composition, Physics 1, Physics C, Physics II, Spanish lV, Statistics, US Government|
|Average SAT score||1290|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(dress pants, dress shoes, dress shirt, tie)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 31|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,000|
|Tuition Notes||$26,000 for High School $23,000 Middle School|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Mr. Kevin Mulholland|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Crew, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||24 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
Academic Competition Team, Art Club, Chess Club, Christian Action Program, Computer Club, Digital Electronics Club, film club, Mock Trial Team, Model UN, National Honor Society, newspaper, Pro-Life Club, Science Olympiad, Solar Car Team, Spanish National Honor Society, Student Council, yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Club, Music Society, Theater Program
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Boating Club, Squash Club, Ultimate Frisbee
At the same time, we understand the stresses a rigorous environment can create for our young men. The Devon Prep community is committed to the emotional well-being of our students. Through the teaching of coping skills, stress management, and creating a trusting environment where students can share concerns, students learn how to navigate the challenges of life in a constructive, healthy way.
Academics, athletics, and extra-curricular activities serve to:
- Challenge students in a nurturing way to step outside their comfort zones, learn more about themselves, and their capabilities
- Create an environment where students demand of themselves high expectations and standards
- Develop an intellectual curiosity of the world and have a strong moral and ethical compass to both anchor and guide them
- Our Catholic, Piarist centered tradition ensures the highest priority is educating the total young man (intellectually, spiritually, physically, and emotionally)
- Devon Prep`s intimate, but diverse, student body population is a strength and an advantage. Faculty and staff get to know each student on an individual level, the school can make adjustments and adaptions more quickly than larger, slower institutions, and we can foster a deeper sense of school community.
- Devon Prep is a rigorous, world class academic institution. Our key differentiator is our focus on offering the highest quality education through a challenging, cutting edge curriculum taught by a well-credentialed faculty with a deep personal alignment to Devon Prep`s mission.
- We teach faculty and students to focus on the learning process, not just the outcomes.
- By focusing on the learning process, students increase attention and focus, develop critical thinking skills, and practice true learning.
Athletics and extra-curricular activities serve to supplement and complement academic learning by building a well-rounded person.We will use tools and technology to enable students and faculty access to the best learning and teaching vehicles. Tools and technology will be evaluated to ensure they serve our learning process and not replace the process.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Malvern Grades: 6-12 | 634 students
418 S. Warren Avenue
Malvern, PA 19355
(484)595-1100 5.2 6-12
Very nice. I was among the first registered student's under Fr. Senye in 19 56..
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jonde