Malvern Preparatory School
- Malvern Preparatory School is an independent, Catholic, college preparatory school for boys in grades 6-12.
- Based in Malvern, Pa., the school provides instruction in a wide range of subjects, including theology, social studies, English, health education, music and arts, computer science, physical education, and mathematics.
- It also provides various resources through vocational and career counseling, college placement, testing and referral services, and personal and group counseling.
- Malvern Preparatory School enrolls more than 600 students in several courses of study. The school provides various services and facilities for students, including tuition, scholarships, and financial assistance, christian service trips, a library, campus store, and athletic events.
- Its range of activities and programs include student council, student involvement program, and National Honor Society. The school employs more than 100 classroom teachers.
Malvern Preparatory School places among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||634 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||84 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- An Augustinian School,Catholic and Independent,Living the Augustinian spirit ofVeritas, Unitas and Caritas.
- Veritas - Truth
- Malvern is dedicated to the pursuit of Truth through academic excellence and the growth of each of its students, so that he is prepared fully for college and for a life of integrity and courageous leadership.
- Unitas - Unity
- Seeking oneness of mind and heart in the journey toward God, Malvern strives to build a diverse community in which a caring faculty works with parents and students to instill in everyone a personal responsibility for the common good.
- Caritas - Love
- Inspired by Christ, the Malvern Tradition invites each individual to grow and give in a family distinguished by respect, challenge, service and exceptional love.
- School Location Miles Grades Students