The Church Farm School
- Church Farm School is a private boarding and day school for boys in grades 9-12 in the Episcopal tradition located on 150 beautiful acres in Exton, PA. Since 1918, CFS has been offering its exemplary college preparatory education at a sensible cost to families who want their sons to become well-rounded, civic-minded young men within a small, supportive community.
- All graduates matriculate to leading colleges and universities, including Brown, Yale, Williams, Lehigh and Johns Hopkins.
- Come see why Architectural Digest named CFS "The Most Beautiful Private High School in Pennsylvania" in 2018 by scheduling a visit today at www.gocfs.net!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Other school association(s)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||180 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, French, Literature, Spanish, US History|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Average ACT score||22|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(collared shirt, slacks/khakis, non athletic shoes)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$43,000|
|Tuition Notes||$22,100/day $43,000/boarding|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$30,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lisa Reynolds Smoots|
|Admissions Associate||Marvin Garcia|
|Endowment Size||$140 million|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Bible Club, DECA Club, Film Enthusiasts Club, Greenhouse Club, GSDA Club, Honor Council, Interact Club, Investment Club, Japanese Culture Club, Multicultural Club, Relay for Life Club, Robotics Club, STEAM Club, Step Club, Student Ambassadors, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Band and Guitar Club, CFS Choir and CFS Singers, Theatre Club
- Every boy at Church Farm School is chosen for his potential to grow as an impactful leader. Our community is very diverse, with students coming from across the country and around the world. Students gain the type of cultural competence needed to be successful adults; our young men bring the world to Church Farm School.
- Central to Church Farm School is the boarding experience. Our residential character extends far beyond our 10 cottages and 150-acre campus. It influences every aspect of life here, fostering common experiences in our dorms, on our athletic fields and in our chapel services. Our teachers reside with their families on or near campus, and participate fully in the life of the school-and the lives of our boys.
- The school`s 75 exceptional faculty and staff members guide 180 students through a rigorous curriculum that fosters outstanding academic development, with a strong focus on STEM and ethical leadership. Students also experience a full program of athletic, artistic and spiritual activities that create a caring, close community. Our class size averages 10 students, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 5-1.
- Church Farm School students are going on to do great things with their lives-100% of our graduates are accepted into leading four-year colleges and universities. We hope you will take a closer look at Church Farm School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pottstown Grades: 9-12 | 506 students
860 Beech Street
Pottstown, PA 19464
(610) 326-1000 14.9 9-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?