Ss Philip & James Elementary School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (610) 363-6530
- The SS Philip and James Home and School Association (HSA) is an organization that is established by the Parish for Church and School with the approval of our Pastor and Principal.
- The purpose of this organization is to provide additional support for our school and its outstanding teachers.
- It helps to keep parents informed and updated about school life and activities.
- The HSA sponsors and coordinates many events throughout the school year to help support the religious, academic, and social goals of our school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||302 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed Ss Philip & James Elementary School also viewed these schools: Whiteland Montessori School, Montgomery School, Pope John Paul II Regional Catholic Elementary School, Copeland Run Academy and St Joseph School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Exton Grades: PK-K | 30 students
1101 E Lincoln Highway
Exton, PA 19341
(610) 594-4727 0.8 PK-K
- Coatesville Grades: NS-8 | 585 students
2875 Manor Rd
Coatesville, PA 19320
(610) 384-5961 10.9 NS-8
- Downingtown Grades: PK-K | 91 students
407 Lloyd Ave
Downingtown, PA 19335
(610) 269-4423 6.4 PK-K
- Downingtown Grades: PK-8 | 674 students
340 Manor Ave
Downingtown, PA 19335
(610) 269-8999 5.8 PK-8
This is a great school! Small class sizes, personal relationships, dedicated teachers, and wonderful family community. The Pre K program is an amazing way to start your child in a loving and nurturing environment.
- Posted by Parent - AGS
Two of my children attended Saints Philip and James School. In addition to strong academics, the wonderful, consistent focus on values made all the difference in my children's education. They learned to be good human beings who recognize the value of kindness, manners, and generosity. The wide range of extracurricular, enrichment, and athletic activities also helped my children explore their interests. Teachers get to know and recognize the potential and strengths of every student.
- Posted by Parent - Teresa
Great community. Both of my children graduated from SSPJ and were well prepared for high school as a result.
- Posted by Parent - PF
This is a wonderful school to work at and a great parish to be a member of. The leadership is strong and caring and keeps the school competitive and strong in academics as well as in faith. I recommend this parish school to anyone seeking to belong to a caring community with an excellent education for their children.
- Posted by Teacher - T Di Stefano
We have three sons and two attended SSPJ. We found Ss. Philip and James to be a school offering a wonderful education for our sons. We found the "at home" feel we had missed in the public school system. The educators at Ss. Philip and James were approachable and accommodating to work with our children as their learning needs changed and evolved.
- Posted by Parent - Karen Scheuermann
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?