- Montgomery School is an independent, co-educational day school serving prekindergarten through grade eight in Chester Springs, Pennsylvania.
- The School is dedicated to the development of each child in mind and body through academics, fine and performing arts, and athletics in an enriching cultural and physical environment.
- The School is equally committed to the development of each child's character, with an emphasis on integrity, respect, responsibility, and service to others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||240 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid is available|
|Admissions Director||Deb Goggins|
|Admissions Associate||Deb Goggins|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Equestrian,
Field Hockey, Lacrosse,
- Since 1915, it has been Montgomery School's mission to provide each student with an extraordinary education in mind, body, and character. Montgomery School combines a well-rounded, forward-thinking education with traditional values so graduates are not just academically curious and engaged; they also are confident and compassionate individuals who are excited about making a difference in the 21st century global community. Students thrive with individual attention from exceptional, caring teachers. From family-style lunches, where students eat with faculty and staff, to nonsectarian chapels, where the entire School gathers as a community, students feel safe and accepted as they develop the confidence they need for lifelong independence.
- Montgomery School is a PreK-8 school. The PreK–8 environment is one in which students learn life lessons—physically, intellectually, and socially—at an age-appropriate pace, which is particularly important for pre-adolescents. The PreK–8 setting gives this age group the crucial opportunity to develop their own lifelong identities in a challenging and nurturing environment. By the time students approach their last year on campus, they are confident, articulate, capable leaders who are eager to take the next step in their academic journey. Faculty works extensively with students and parents throughout that final year so each student can gain admission to the secondary school that best matches his or her talents and needs. Montgomery School graduates routinely attend top secondary schools and colleges.
- Visit the campus to see the Montgomery School difference. The classrooms overflow with energy and enthusiasm. The buildings are filled with sunlight. The 60-acre campus, with its fields, streams, nature trails and pond, offers outdoor educational opportunities across all areas of the curriculum. All across the campus—and beyond— students are actively engaged in learning that encourages lifelong curiosity and reflection. Families are an integral part of the close-knit School community. Parents and faculty support one another in an atmosphere of mutual respect to give every student the best possible learning experience. When you enroll your child at Montgomery School, you join a strong community that embraces the same educational values that you do.
Profile last updated: 05/20/2016
People that viewed Montgomery School also viewed these schools: The Shipley School, Pope John Paul Ii Regional Catholic Elementary School, Wyndcroft School, West-Mont Christian Academy and Ss Philip & James Elementary School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Bryn MawrGrades: PK-12
814 Yarrow Street
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
CoatesvilleGrades: K-9 | 602 students
2875 Manor Rd
Coatesville, PA 19320
PottstownGrades: NS-8 | 234 students
1395 Wilson Street
Pottstown, PA 19464
PottstownGrades: K-12 | 210 students
873 S Hanover Street
Pottstown, PA 19465
ExtonGrades: PK-8 | 508 students
721 E Lincoln Hwy
Exton, PA 19341