5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (610) 827-7222
- Montgomery School is an independent, co-educational dayschoolserving prekindergarten through grade eight in ChesterSprings,Pennsylvania.
- The School is dedicated to the development of each child inmindand body through academics, fine and performing arts, andathleticsin an enriching cultural and physical environment. TheSchool isequally committed to the development of each child'scharacter, withan emphasis on integrity, respect, responsibility,and service toothers.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||232 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid is available|
|Admissions Director||Deb Goggins|
|Admissions Associate||Deb Goggins|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Ultimate FrisbeeBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Softball, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
3D Printing Club, Aerospace Engineering, Chess Club, Coding Class, Culinary Programs, Girl Scouts of America, Junior Mechanical Engineering, Science Explorers, Video Game Design
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Lower and Middle School Choirs, Music Lessons, Musical Theater
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural Sports Program
- Since 1915, it has been Montgomery School's mission toprovideeach student with an extraordinary education in mind, body,andcharacter. Montgomery School combines awell-rounded,forward-thinking education with traditional values sograduates arenot just academically curious and engaged; they alsoare confidentand compassionate individuals who are excited aboutmaking adifference in the 21st century global community. Studentsthrivewith individual attention from exceptional, caring teachers.Fromfamily-style lunches, where students eat with faculty andstaff, tononsectarian chapels, where the entire School gathers asacommunity, students feel safe and accepted as they developtheconfidence they need for lifelong independence.
- Montgomery School is a PreK-8 school. The PreK8 environmentisone in which students learn lifelessons-physically,intellectually, and socially-at anage-appropriate pace, which isparticularly important forpre-adolescents. The PreK8 setting givesthis age group the crucialopportunity to develop their ownlifelong identities in achallenging and nurturing environment. Bythe time students approachtheir last year on campus, they areconfident, articulate, capableleaders who are eager to take thenext step in their academicjourney. Faculty works extensively withstudents and parentsthroughout that final year so each student cangain admission to thesecondary school that best matches his or hertalents and needs.Montgomery School graduates routinely attend topsecondary schoolsand colleges.
- Visit the campus to see the Montgomery School difference.Theclassrooms overflow with energy and enthusiasm. The buildingsarefilled with sunlight. The 60-acre campus, with its fields,streams,nature trails and pond, offers outdoor educationalopportunitiesacross all areas of the curriculum. All across thecampus-andbeyond- students are actively engaged in learning thatencourageslifelong curiosity and reflection. Families are anintegral part ofthe close-knit School community. Parents andfaculty support oneanother in an atmosphere of mutual respect togive every studentthe best possible learning experience. When youenroll your childat Montgomery School, you join a strong communitythat embraces thesame educational values that you do.
- People that viewed Montgomery School also viewed these schools: West-Mont Christian Academy, The Shipley School, Pope John Paul II Regional Catholic Elementary School, St Joseph School and Ss Philip & James Elementary School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Coatesville Grades: NS-8 | 585 students
2875 Manor Rd
Coatesville, PA 19320
(610) 384-5961 10.5 NS-8
- Downingtown Grades: PK-8 | 674 students
340 Manor Ave
Downingtown, PA 19335
(610) 269-8999 7.3 PK-8
I love this school! Challenging academics, nurturing environment, excellent faculty. Love the focus on public speaking, starting at an early age. My shy daughter is so confident speaking in front of any size group, thanks to Montgomery. Amazing art, music and sports programs. The size of the school allows all students to get outside of their comfort zone and try new things; lots of opportunities for leadership roles. Love the K-8 model as it let's kids be kids longer! Great focus on character and community.
- Posted by Parent - Proud Parent
Montgomery School has always fostered and supported our family's interests in building community and giving back, both at school and at home. Recently, we traveled to South Africa and we searched for ways to leave a gift or a piece of ourselves that would enrich our hosts` homeland. We found a school that posted its needed school supplies publicly. We quickly organized a drive and my son's classmates were incredibly generous, donating over and above our requests. We were able to take two full suitcases we delivered ourselves, along with a photo of the entire grade, each student holding their donated item. It is incredibly gratifying to know Montgomery will always hold a special place in the hearts of children and teachers half a world away. The principles of community and character are visible every day, but especially in that moment, our community made a significant contribution to another school community, and we will forever be grateful.
- Posted by Parent - Staci S.
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.