Kimberton Waldorf School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (610) 933-3635
Kimberton Waldorf School serves 253 students in grades Prekindergarten-12 and is a member of the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America, the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and the Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS).
The student:teacher of Kimberton Waldorf School is 8:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Nonsectarian.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||253 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Wholesome, age-appropriate, weather-appropriate)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $4,450 to $18,500 depending on grade level. Financial Aid is available for students in grades K-12.|
|Admissions Director||Lisa Cordner|
|Admissions Associate||Tammi Stein|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Field Hockey, Lacrosse,
- At Kimberton Waldorf School, we provide a rich academic curriculum taught through the prism of creative thinking. The reason is simple: Mathematics requires creative problem-solving skills. Physics requires creative problem-solving skills. And creating a sustainable future certainly requires creative problem-solving skills.
- The key is inspiration. This isn`t a new idea. Nor is it alternative. This is the wisdom of a nearly century-old approach to education that has become the fastest growing education movement worldwide.
- Inspired students are engaged learners. They are involved learners. They are interested learners. When they graduate from Kimberton to attend some of the nation`s leading universities, they do so as creative thinkers whose capacities for both analysis and imagination are not only treasured, but sought.
- Kimberton Waldorf School has produced Fulbright, Rhodes, and Truman Scholars; a National Book Award Winner; and a U.S. State Department Consul General.
- From early childhood education through the grade school and high school, Kimberton prepares children and young adults to meet the demands of the future by developing within them the tools to be nimble thinkers, creators, and doers.
- Waldorf Schools are private, independently funded schools, offering education ranging from pre-kindergarten through Grade 12, covering an age range from 2 years to 18 years old. Waldorf teachers strive to educate the human being through all three soul capacities of thinking, feeling and will. Students learn by encountering the world as experience. Waldorf Education is a developmentally appropriate, balanced education that integrates the arts and academics. Waldorf Education encourages the development of each child's sense of truth, beauty, and goodness. The aim of the education is to fully develop the capacities of each student and to inspire a love for lifelong learning.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Malvern Grades: PK-12 | 265 students
1777 N. Valley Road
Malvern, PA 19355
(610) 296-6700 4.1 PK-12
- Westtown Grades: 6-12 | 31 students
1120 E. Street Rd
Westtown, PA 19395
(610) 399-1135 22.9 6-12
My daughter is thriving at this school! She insists on being the first to class each morning and doesn't want to leave in the afternoon. This school has given her a love of learning and is showing her how to be a good learner. The amount of outside time is invaluable. There is a great balance of arts and academics and they are both woven into each other. She is learning cooperation and respect for herself, her school, and her community. There is a reason why, how and when things are taught based on child development and, best of all, it really works! Kimberton Waldorf School has exceeded my expectations on every level.
- Posted by Parent - AM
We are completely sold on Kimberton Waldorf. Our son started there in the Early Childhood program 16 years ago. He just completed his first year at Tulane University. He is thriving both academically and socially. Our daughter is in the 6th grade and loves it. She has had the most amazing teacher since 1st grade who knows her as well as we do, She is fully engaged in her studies, but more importantly she is a very happy and well-adjusted child. One of the best decisions we have made as a parents was to invest in an education for our children at KWS.
- Posted by Parent - Robert
My son has been attending the Rosebud School (preschool) at Kimberton Waldorf School since September 2014. I am so pleased with the amount of care and consideration given to him during the three-days/week he is there. Every day I drop him off, he has a smile on his face and absolutely can't wait to start his busy day with his teachers and friends. When I come to pick him up, he is delighted to see me and tell me all about the adventures of his day. I absolutely love the commitment KWS has to preparing and eating healthy, organic foods; engaging children in enriching activities that are truly age-appropriate; focusing on what each child individually needs; leading by example; and encouraging my son's inner imagination and light to shine! Like others, I wish I had attended this school when I was a kid, and I can't wait to watch my children grow up and thrive in this extraordinary environment.
- Posted by Parent - jmeda
As an alum, I can honestly say that KWS provides an invaluable education. My teachers taught me how to approach learning from my own perspective and instilled in me a love of science and art. I went on to college and the professional world feeling that I could do anything, and I still feel that way today.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mhmit
KWS is a unique and very special school. It fosters independence and critical thinking while helping students learn to get along with each other and the broader world around them. There is an empahsis on learning how to live and take care of everyday needs beyond the typical academic-only focus of most schools. I am so glad that my daughter has had the opportunity to attend KWS since she was a toddler.
- Posted by Parent - angel
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.