The Concept School
- The Concept School is a small, independent, college-preparatory school with an educational program for promising students attending grades 6-12.
- Our supportive, caring, and dedicated staff provides a structured environment and state accredited curriculum to prepare children for post-secondary programs.
- Students participate in small classes with a teacher-student ratio of one to four.
- We educate each student according to their identified strengths and interests.
- The Concept School provides small classes and the support of a close knit community to: guide students in the development of their unique abilities and talents, encourage students to work independently with a personal commitment to academic achievement, offer students the opportunities for the exploration of new ideas and approaches to accomplish their goals.
The Concept School places among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||multiple|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||29 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$31,500|
|Tuition Notes||Registration fee is $350.00 (non-refundable)|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||William Bennett|
- Middle school students in grades 6-8 follow the curriculum guidelines for the state of Pennsylvania, but are also enriched with study skills, organization, written expression and an emphasis on reading comprehension for each subject studied. The skills taught in middle school continue through secondary classes with an emphasis on critical thinking, understanding themselves as learners while using technology as a tool throughout classes.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bryn Mawr Grades: 5-12 | 73 students
737 S Ithan Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610) 527-3230 24.9 5-12
- Malvern Grades: PK-12 | 265 students
1777 N. Valley Road
Malvern, PA 19355
(610) 296-6700 20.8 PK-12