- Wyncote Academy is a non-profit, non-sectarian private high school located on a five-acre suburban campus in Eastern Montgomery County, PA. We seek to provide an educational and developmental environment which fosters discovery, achievement, responsibility and self-esteem in all students.
- We are a place where students are encouraged to grow at a pace in keeping with their cognitive development, academic history and personal learning style.
- Our purpose is not to make students learn, but to inspire them to learn according to their unique abilities.
- Wyncote Academy students are part of an experiential community, dedicated to mutual academic and social growth.
- It is this unique approach to learning that has earned us the distinction of being one of the best private schools in Philadelphia.
- Learning in our school community comes about through the close relationship between students and staff.
- Teachers are friends and helpers, as well as givers of facts.
- Sometimes, students may need an extra boost to do their best.
- We provide that encouragement and support through realistic homework expectations, after-school study time, multiple methods of evaluation, weekly reports and parent conferences.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)
Delaware Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Disabilities, Anxiety Disorders, High Functioning Asperger Disorder|
|Total Students||81 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Average SAT score||1290|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,500|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid and merit based scholarships are available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Diane Vernon|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, SoccerBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Anime Club, Chess, Outdoor Education Program, Visual Arts Program - Ceramics, Mosaics, and Tilemaking Anime Club, Chess,
Outdoor Education Program,
Visual Arts Program - Ceramics, Mosaics, and Tilemaking,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-12 | 189 students
6707 Old York Rd
Philadelphia, PA 19126
PhiladelphiaGrades: 9-12 | 680 students
7320 Torresdale Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19136
PhiladelphiaGrades: K-12 | 906 students
31 West Coulter Street
Philadelphia, PA 19144
AbingtonGrades: 1-8 | 90 students
2450 Hamilton Avenue
Abington, PA 19001
Newtown SquareGrades: K-8 | 76 students
2 Bishop Hollow Rd
Newtown Square, PA 19073
Looking for a good school for my daughter because she is acting out and needs discipline
- Posted by Parent - Tania
This is one of the most amazing schools I have ever gone to. It has completely changed me. I have always loved school but I hated the bullying that constantly happened. This school will really help you become a better person. I am currently a senior and have been too 4 schools my entire high school year and this is the best one by far. I have nothing but good things to say about this school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Willi