5.00 (5 reviews)
- Woodlynde is one of the oldest and most successful independent, college-prep schools for K-12 students who learn differently in the Delaware Valley. At Woodlynde School, students gain access to caring experts in education, thrive in our nurturing environment, benefit from specialized teaching methods and strategies, rise to the challenge of our college prep curriculum, and emerge with the tools and self-confidence to be successful and happy in college, career, and life.
- Typically, 100% of graduates are accepted to colleges of their choice, with many going on to pursue advanced degrees. For information, please visit www.woodlynde.org.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language or Math-based learning differences, dyslexia, dyscalculia, ADD/ADHD, executive function disorder, auditory processing disorder|
|Total Students||273 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||80 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||1 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP English Literature and Composition|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Ranges from 20,000-35,625|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kristen Tabun|
|Admissions Associate||Kristin Anderson|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||and Community Service, Art, Athletics, Drama, School Newspaper, Yearbook|
Woodlynde School is an independent co-educational college prep school located in suburban Philadelphia for intelligent, talented students with learning differences. Many of our students have been diagnosed with language- or math-based learning differences (such as dyslexia, dysgraphia, or dyscalculia), executive function disorder, ADD/ADHD, or auditory processing disorder, while others simply need a small classroom environment in which to be successful.
Programs we offer:
Programs we offer:
- Rigorous academics in a college prep setting
- A dynamic writing program
- Daily use of the Wilson Reading System in Lower School and WILSON support as needed in grades 6-12
- Honors sections in Upper School
- Robust arts, athletics, and student life programs that support whole-child development
- Laptops loaded with assistive technology for all students, with peronal laptops for home and school use in grades 6-12
- Instruction in organization, study skills, and time management
- Metacognition classes teaching students to learn how they learn best
- Extra help within and beyond the school day
- Individualized guidance for college placement
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bryn Mawr Grades: 5-12 | 73 students
737 S Ithan Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610)527-3230 4.1 5-12
- Malvern Grades: PK-12 | 265 students
1777 N. Valley Road
Malvern, PA 19355
(610)296-6700 4.7 PK-12
Woodlynde School provides a very nurturing environment. Teachers are caring and engaging. There is no greater feeling than dropping off your child, knowing they are with people who see the best in them and bring out the best in them. (My daughter has been at Woodlynde for seven years now!)
- Posted by Parent - Happy Parent
Woodlynde has changed the course of our kid's life for the better. Best decision we ever made in enrolling both of them!
- Posted by Parent - Christine Polywacz
My son attends Woodlynde, and for the first time he "loves" going to school. He comes home and asks to do his homework. The staff goes above and beyond to support whatever it is your child needs to be successful and enjoy learning. The faculty profile impressed me with their high degrees of education, experience, and multiple specialties. The kids are Woodlynde are 100% College bound, college ready! That's more than most schools can boast. Most of all...I have a child who is intellectually curious, and he is challenged in areas he's strong in, and they work with him on any subjects he's weak in. If he doesn't learn it one way, they teach him using a different method until it "clicks." And it will "click" at Woodlynde! Our family is at peace knowing our son is at such a great school!
- Posted by Parent - princ
This school changed my daughter's life. They helped to actualize her potential and learn to think of herself as the smart, competant student that she really is. Watching her find her strengths and try on different roles has been such a joy for us.
- Posted by Parent - ddema
This school changed my life-not only did it make me believe in myself academically but I met people amongst both the students and teachers and now that I have graduated I am still close with both. I had so much fun at this school, and will always cherish my time spent there. This school turned a bullied,unhappy,"stupid",kid with no confidence into a happy,hardworking,confident college student. It's an amazing, one of a kind place.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - hocke
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.