Valley Forge Military Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Valley Forge Military Academy Photo #2 - VFMA offers college preparatory academics, credentialed faculty, competitive PIAA athletics, and individual attention, providing cadets with an environment focused on their academic success.
Valley Forge Military Academy Photo #3 - A challenging curriculum, dedicated faculty, small classes, individual attention, and faculty supervised evening study hall provides cadets with an environment conducive to attaining academic success.
Valley Forge Military Academy Photo #4 - As a member of the PIAA, VFMA offers Varsity and Junior Varsity sports, as well as intramural sports. VFMA offers the following sports as part of the athletic program for cadets in grades 9 through 12: football, soccer, cross-country, basketball, swimming, wrestling, lacrosse, and baseball. The Middle School competes in soccer, basketball, and baseball.
Valley Forge Military Academy Photo #5 - The music program at Valley Forge includes The Regimental Band, Heraldic Trumpets, Choir, and Field Music unit. The Regimental Band, which includes our Heraldic Fanfare Trumpets, has played for presidents and royalty at both military and civilian events across the globe.
Valley Forge Military Academy Photo #6 - One of the great strengths of VFMA is the incredible diversity of the student population. Students from around the world have attended Valley Forge in preparation for success in life.
Valley Forge Military Academy Photo #7 - Our cadets challenge themselves to reach new heights, overcome their fears, and face adversity with bravery and integrity. VFMA has a long tradition of instilling values and building self-confidence to prepare tomorrow`s leaders.
Valley Forge Military Academy Photo #8 - Also unique to the VFMA educational experience, our academically qualified high school juniors and seniors are granted the opportunity to enroll in college level classes, taken at Valley Forge Military College, on campus, at no additional charge.
Valley Forge Military Academy Photo #9 - VFMAC has a strong equestrian tradition, dating back to the school`s establishment in 1928. The D Troop is a close-knit company comprised of both Academy & College cadets who are taught basic horsemanship and hunt seat equitation from the ground up. No experience is required to join the troop.
- Valley Forge Military Academy is an international leadershipinstitution, comprised of a middle school and high school for boysin grades 7-12.
- Students are immersed in a unique educational experiencecentered Five Cornerstones: Academic Excellence, PersonalMotivation, Character Development, Physical Development andLeadership., These cornerstones help cadets reach their academicpotential to achieve success in the classroom and beyond.
- From its cadet leadership ranks to the rifle club to its awardwinning equestrian program, VFMAC teaches students leadership andresponsibility in practical ways.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Military Colleges and Schools|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Average SAT score||1090|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$37,975|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$22,000|
|Admissions Director||Anna Brennan|
|Endowment Size||$10 million|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Riflery, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Equestrian,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Admissions Ambassadors, Boy Scouts of America, Community Service Club, Drum & Bugle Corps, Ice Hockey, Regimental Band, Regimental Choir, Student Government|
- Founded in 1928, VFMA has a long tradition of instilling valuesand building self-confidence to prepare tomorrow`s leaders. VFMA isan independent, private, college preparatory school for boys ingrades 7-12. The Academy offers college preparatory academics,credentialed faculty, competitive PIAA athletics, and individualattention, providing cadets with an environment focused on theiracademic success.
- Valley Forge Military Academy and College is an internationalleadership institution, comprised of a middle school, high school,and college. Located in Wayne, PA, 16 miles from Philadelphia,VFMAC offers day and boarding options. Students are immersed in aunique educational experience centered on academic excellence,personal motivation, and character that helps them reach theiracademic potential to achieve success in the classroom andbeyond.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bryn Mawr Grades: 5-12 | 73 students
737 S Ithan Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610)527-3230 3.2 5-12
- Wayne Grades: 9-12 | 888 students
211 Matsonford Road
Wayne, PA 19087
(610)688-7610 1.8 9-12
- Exton Grades: 9-12 | 180 students
1001 E Lincoln Hwy
Exton, PA 19341
(610)363-7500 11.2 9-12
Sending my son to this school has been a life-changing event. He has learned discipline, respect, values and ethics- while receiving a great education. He is surrounded by strong role models who are passionate about what they do. There is a new leadership team in place that has revitalized the character and quality of this school. VFMAC is on the rise!
- Posted by Parent - Parent
We couldn't be happier with how our son has and is excelling. He is happy here. He loves this school and he is doing amazing! We highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - s
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.