The Grayson School
- A Stone-Aged Play Structure Receives an AZ Award in 2021 - 07/20/2021As leaders in innovative educational practices for gifted students, The Grayson School challenged Matter Design to provide a play space for their upper grade students and teachers that would ignite an age-appropriate version of imaginative learning. In partnership with CEMEX Global R&D, Matter Design created an otherworldly collection of curious concrete characters situated in a landscape. The Grayson Play-Lab is reimagining education and the importance of play by learning from Neolithic observatories.
- The Grayson School Achieves Full Accreditation Status In Their Sixth Year - 05/27/2021The Board of Trustees of The Grayson School are pleased to announce that the school has been granted accreditation by the Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS) for ten years-an unprecedented term for a young school in their initial application year.
- Grayson Students Find Hope And Inspiration Through Artistic Collaboration - 03/16/2021Philadelphia contemporary artist King Saladeen is working with students from The Grayson School to design and create a 25-foot mural at the school. This mural captures a collective voice from the student's experiences over the last 12 months and will serve as an inspiration and recognition of the perseverance and tenacity of our community that has guided them through a most challenging year. "As a school, we have continued to keep a focus on opportunities that build and maintain community throughout the pandemic. I can think of nothing more relevant than to mark this year with a permanent installation of artistic expression that involves each and every student," shares Stacey Angelillo, Art Teacher.
Academics and Faculty
(relaxed uniform dress code)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Art, Books/Reading, Chess, Community Service, Cooking, E-Sports, Rainbow, Student Newspaper, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Musical ensembles, Vocal Ensembles
- The Grayson School provides gifted children a challenging, research-based education worthy of their intellect and their intrinsic desire to learn and think deeply. We serve as a valued resource for the gifted education community in Philadelphia and nationwide.
- Our philosophy is built on principles proven to generate meaningful educational benefits for gifted children. A long and continually-growing body of research and classroom experience suggests our model of differentiation, ability grouping, enrichment, and flexibility, with increasing levels of advanced, abstract, and complex curriculum that respond to each individual learner`s needs. In the hands of highly-trained teachers leading small classes, these elements create a challenging and fulfilling learning environment for highly gifted students.
- We recognize that exceptional ability knows no boundaries, yet that inequitable access to resources may prevent gifted students who are disadvantaged from reaching their potential. Providing adequate and appropriate resources, and identifying and meeting the needs of all our students is central to our mission.
- Through culturally responsive instruction and ongoing opportunities for interaction with diverse peers, both within the school and the broader community, a Grayson education will promote the citizenship development, social awareness, complexity of thinking, and communication skills essential for our students to thrive in an increasingly multicultural nation and global economy.
Endorse The Grayson School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards