- Manhattan Country School is a small, co-educational elementary school, recognized for its strong academic program and for being a diverse community that cares about social responsibility.
- The academic program at MCS is comprehensive yet distinctive.
- We recognize that a long and continuing academic career requires a strong foundation, and we work hard to ensure depth in the academic program.
- Our commitment to diversity, equality, and social justice is also reflected throughout the curriculum which supports the values of working democracies: self reliance, free inquiry and a respect for differences.
- Students learn to be responsible to themselves and to their communities.
- The atmosphere at MCS allows children to recognize their own potential and encourages them to work toward it.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||205 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||19 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is on a sliding scale in proportion to a family\\\'s income.|
|Admissions Director||Lois Gelernt|
|Admissions Associate||Aeden Keffelew|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and FieldBasketball, Dance,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 1240 students
5 W 93rd St
New York, NY 10025
New YorkGrades: NS-8 | 437 students
610 W 112th Street
New York, NY 10025
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 1281 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 610 students
433 W End Ave
New York, NY 10024
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 336 students
15 E 79th St
New York, NY 10075