Grades: NS-12 | 181 students
- Whether you are an established family from our area, a newly arrived family from out-of state, or an International resident, and you are looking for the right school for your child, Messiah Montessori School welcomes you to take a personal tour to discover our unique and peaceful educational environment designed for excellence in education and development of full potential of its students.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)
International Montessori Council (IMC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||181 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Julie Boudreaux|
- * Messiah Montessori School is "The School of Choice" for the Houma region
- * Great community reputation for excellence in education
- * Louisiana A+ School (curriculum includes advanced art integration)
- * Accredited Montessori nonpublic school approved by the Louisiana Department of Education
- * Advanced international academic curriculum
- * "Hands on learning"
- * Foreign language immersion program in French and Spanish
- * Character development; spiritual awareness; social and practical life skills; and physical fitness.
- * Ages eighteen months through high school
- * Peaceful school community and positive learning environment
- * Loving atmosphere makes each child feel accepted and "at home"
- * Faith-based, Christ-centered Christian school helps young people to develop personal faith in God, to serve God and mankind in practical and positive ways, and to be "difference makers" in the world. Messiah is non-denominational and open to people of all faiths or beliefs
Messiah Montessori International School of Houma is a State accredited private nonpublic school designed to create confident, self-motivated and academically and socially prepared children. Messiah has an international faculty, international student body, and international curriculum. Messiah is a French and Spanish foreign language immersion school with a World Class educational program. International residents who move to our region appreciate having Messiah available to them for their children's education. Montessori Education is time-tested, time-proven and timeless. Montessori education is a common-sense, child-centered, hands-on approach to learning that motivates students to become independent learners who know how to think and who learn how to learn. Messiah students have the advantage to progress to their full potential. At Messiah, you will find a school where children are treated with respect, the atmosphere is loving, and the learning possibilities are endless. Messiah is the "School of Choice" for the Houma region. Parents owe it to themselves and their children, to schedule a visit to Messiah to discover the school where children are happy and excited to learn.
- Posted by Administrator - jules
This school is a special place where children enjoy going, enjoy learning, and enjoy life. My child loves it!!!
- Posted by Parent - saman
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.