Louisiana Private Schools
- There are 407 private schools in Louisiana, serving 128,664 students.
- The average private school tuition is $5,823 for elementary schools and $7,102 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 87% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 21% and the student:teacher ratio is 13:1.
The Academy of the Sacred Heart Rosary campus, founded in 1887 on the historic St. Charles Avenue in New Orleans.
Students and faculty begin each school year with the celebration of the Eucharist. Following this Mass, a procession from St. Peter's Church brings the Blessed Sacrament to the St. Ann Chapel on the CCS campus. Students are encouraged to use the chapel as often as possible, especially following weekly opportunities for the Sacrament of Confession
Southfield sets higher standards than any local public or private school. Southfield is the only local school to be awarded the ISAS accreditation.
Louisiana Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 7 Schools2,497 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools31 Students10% Minority
- 7 Schools2,413 Students20% Minority
- 1 Schools253 Students14% Minority
- 4 Schools1,089 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools89 Students53% Minority
- 1 Schools540 Students4% Minority
- 16 Schools5,187 Students24% Minority
- 15 Schools3,451 Students21% Minority
- 1 Schools114 Students1% Minority
- 2 Schools423 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools1 Students100% Minority
- 1 Schools197 Students4% Minority
- 64 Schools19,482 Students22% Minority
- 1 Schools185 Students13% Minority
- 1 Schools456 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools708 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools526 Students34% Minority
- 6 Schools1,265 Students20% Minority
- 2 Schools1,193 Students8% Minority
- 57 Schools18,709 Students28% Minority
- 3 Schools469 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools94 Students1% Minority
- 23 Schools8,163 Students21% Minority
- 7 Schools3,426 Students6% Minority
- 4 Schools1,061 Students15% Minority
- 2 Schools477 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools280 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools341 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools506 Students13% Minority
- 56 Schools20,294 Students34% Minority
- 10 Schools2,791 Students18% Minority
- 1 Schools263 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools831 Students7% Minority
- 11 Schools2,850 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools338 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools293 Students10% Minority
- 1 Schools29 Students14% Minority
- 1 Schools444 Students19% Minority
- 4 Schools1,175 Students24% Minority
- 1 Schools243 Students10% Minority
- 7 Schools2,911 Students21% Minority
- 3 Schools1,117 Students13% Minority
- 5 Schools1,103 Students13% Minority
- 23 Schools8,688 Students13% Minority
- 9 Schools2,069 Students65% Minority
- 10 Schools2,773 Students14% Minority
- 1 Schools219 Students5% Minority
- 8 Schools3,194 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools424 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools1,033 Students10% Minority
- 2 Schools540 Students20% Minority
- 3 Schools961 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools380 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools437 Students3% Minority
April 20, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.