Top Louisiana Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 423 top private schools in Louisiana, serving 130,156 students.
- The average private school tuition is $5,884 for elementary schools and $7,799 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 88% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 21% and the student:teacher ratio is 13:1.
St Thomas Aquinas High School Photo - Saint Thomas Aquinas Regional Catholic High School is a diocesan, co-educational school shaped by Christ-centered values and the Dominican tradition of Truth. Our Mission is to teach Gospel values in an environment of academic excellence that fosters the development of the whole person in a Catholic-Christian community.
Jewish Community Day School Photo - Second Grade Students enjoy Chanukah together after their annual Chanukah School Musical program.
Our Lady Of Lourdes Elementary School Photo - 3rd Quarter Principal's Honor Roll recipients with Mr. Kiefer, following the Honor Roll Breakfast. March 2011
Top Louisiana Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 7 Schools2,389 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools31 Students- Minority
- 7 Schools2,438 Students19% Minority
- 1 Schools221 Students14% Minority
- 4 Schools1,088 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools540 Students5% Minority
- 20 Schools5,631 Students30% Minority
- 17 Schools3,692 Students20% Minority
- 1 Schools116 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools423 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools27 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools197 Students4% Minority
- 67 Schools19,435 Students20% Minority
- 1 Schools185 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools456 Students1% Minority
- 2 Schools948 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools744 Students5% Minority
- 6 Schools1,227 Students14% Minority
- 2 Schools621 Students19% Minority
- 57 Schools18,818 Students28% Minority
- 3 Schools408 Students15% Minority
- 2 Schools747 Students1% Minority
- 23 Schools8,349 Students13% Minority
- 7 Schools3,379 Students6% Minority
- 4 Schools1,034 Students35% Minority
- 2 Schools479 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools250 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools310 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools513 Students9% Minority
- 60 Schools20,169 Students41% Minority
- 10 Schools3,217 Students16% Minority
- 1 Schools225 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools775 Students9% Minority
- 13 Schools3,136 Students18% Minority
- 1 Schools338 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools293 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools29 Students14% Minority
- 1 Schools449 Students22% Minority
- 4 Schools1,140 Students20% Minority
- 1 Schools258 Students8% Minority
- 8 Schools2,934 Students16% Minority
- 4 Schools1,201 Students13% Minority
- 5 Schools1,038 Students12% Minority
- 24 Schools8,913 Students8% Minority
- 8 Schools1,868 Students36% Minority
- 10 Schools2,826 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools187 Students3% Minority
- 9 Schools3,771 Students14% Minority
- 1 Schools267 Students18% Minority
- 5 Schools1,003 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools485 Students19% Minority
- 3 Schools929 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools387 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools444 Students4% Minority
What happens if my child suddenly takes sick before the end of the school year? What if he is expelled? Answers here.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.