Episcopal School Of Acadiana
- Episcopal School of Acadiana is a coeducational, independent day school for students in grades PK-3 through 12, with PK-3 through 5th grades on our Lafayette campus and 6th through 12th in Cade.
- Our mission is to instill in every student the habits of scholarship and honor.
- ESA challenges students to develop intellectually, spiritually, and physically.
Episcopal School Of Acadiana places among the top 20% of private schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- AP Courses Most AP courses offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||specific to child|
|Total Students||625 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||69 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Computer Science A, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP French Language, AP Microeconomics, AP Physics C: E&M, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP U.S. Gov’t. & Politics, AP United States History|
|Average SAT score||1340|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School polo, school plaid, khaki pants and skirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies from $6,400 for part-time PK to $16,850 for Upper School.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jon Berthelot|
|Admissions Associate||Megan Richard|
|Endowment Size||$0.1 million|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Community Service, Literary Magazine, Quiz Bowl, Student Leadership, Student-Driven Clubs
Arts and Music Programs:
Music Opportunities, Musical Theatre
- Learning. Students from across Acadiana come to ESA for an engaging education rooted in Episcopal values. What they discover is a place to explore and to develop all the skills they need to grow into healthy, successful individuals. Our curriculum is illuminated by an interactive teaching style that creates lifelong learners who think and communicate clearly and effectively. Instruction emphasizes problem-solving, independent thinking and creativity. ESA teachers love to teach because they know what it's like to love to learn. They share a passion for the subjects they teach and for the students they mentor.
- Living. Visitors sense the spirit and enthusiasm of our community as soon as they arrive. All ESA students participate in the life of the school, through hands-on classes; through activities such as student government, the arts, and participatory athletics; and through daily interactions in Chapel, on the decks and in the classrooms. They take part in student life alongside teachers, classmates and friends who support one another's intellectual, social, physical and spiritual growth.
- Growing. ESA encourages students to develop as scholars and as people. Students are challenged to try new things, to speak out and to create new opportunities for discovering and learning. At the same time, through the Honor Code and the relationships they build, students learn to respect the ideas, beliefs and values of those around them. They become independent, confident graduates who find success at colleges and universities across the country and around the world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Broussard Grades: PK-8 | 481 students
302 W Main St
Broussard, LA 70518
(337)837-6363 5.5 PK-8
- Lafayette Grades: PK-12 | 826 students
1030 Johnston Street
Lafayette, LA 70501
(337)233-9748 11.3 PK-12
- Lafayette Grades: PK-8 | 802 students
848 Saint John St
Lafayette, LA 70501
(337)235-5577 11.8 PK-8
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.