St Cecilia School
Tel: (337) 837-6363
- St. Cecilia School is a Catholic elementary school dedicated to the religious, academic, social, psychological, cultural, and physical development of each individual.
- St. Cecilia School is committed to providing instruction and opportunities in a Catholic community of faith which will lead the children to pray, to serve and respect others, and to make Christian choices.
- Parents, as primary educators, and teachers, as facilitators of learning, work together to provide a quality education that assists students in developing their unique capabilities and prepares them to become responsible citizens.
- Students develop intellectually by participating in age-appropriate and meaningful activities.
- As life-long learners, students develop the skills of effective communication and problem-solving to help them face the challenges of the future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||481 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Opelousas Grades: PK-12 | 913 students
186 Westminster Drive
Opelousas, LA 70570
(337) 948-8607 23.1 PK-12
- Lafayette Grades: PK-8 | 892 students
2315 Johnston St
Lafayette, LA 70503
(337) 235-2464 5.8 PK-8
- Lafayette Grades: PK-8 | 699 students
205 E Bayou Pkwy
Lafayette, LA 70508
(337) 237-3139 4 PK-8
- Lafayette Grades: PK-12 | 822 students
1030 Johnston Street
Lafayette, LA 70501
(337) 233-9748 5.8 PK-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.